Yunusemre Ozkanlar, DVM, PhD
Department of Internal Medicine
Ondokuz Mayis University
Dr. Ozkanlar is currently a Professor of Veterinary Internal Medicine in Ondokuz Mayis University. Dr. Ozkanlar obtained his DVM and PhD degree from Ankara University, Turkey. He has studied for his post-doctoral researches at the Ohio State University USA. He has attended a training program for tissue Doppler and Strain analysis at the Emory Hospital in Atlanta, USA. He has conducted experimental researches at the Cardiology Lab with the cardiology researchers in College of Medicine, College of Pharmacy and Veterinary Cardiology in the Ohio State University USA.
His research interests include: Experimental researches for cardiotoxicity and heart failure, Clinical practice about cardiology and veterinary medicine.
• Research Scholarship at the Ohio State University, USA
• Coordinator of the Scientific Research Project Found in Ataturk University, Turkey
• Director of the Veterinary Hospital
• Head of the Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine
• Echocardiography and Digital Electrocardiography Practitioner
1. Nishijima Y, Feldman DS, Bonagura JD, et al. Canine nonischemic left ventricular dysfunction: a model of chronic human cardiomyopathy. Journal of Cardiac Failure. 2005; 11(8): 638-644. doi: 10.1016/j.cardfail.2005.05.006
2. Ozkanlar Y, Nishijima Y, da Cunha D, Hamlin RL. Acute effects of tacrolimus (FK506) on left ventricular mechanics. Pharmacological Research. 2005; 52(4): 307-312. doi: 10.1016/j.phrs.2005.05.003
3. Ozkanlar Y, Kijtawornrat A, Hamlin RL, Keene BW, Roche BM. Acute cardiovascular effects of tacrolimus in the isolated guinea pig heart. Journal of Vet Pharmacology Therapeutics. 2005; 28(3): 313-316. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2885.2005.00631.x
4. Unver A, Rikihisa Y, Borku K, Ozkanlar Y, Hanedan B. Molecular detection and characterization of Ehrlichia canis from dogs in Turkey. Berliner und Münchener Tierärztliche Wochenschrift. 2005; 118: 300-304.
5. Kijtawornrat A, Ozkanlar Y, Keene BW, Roche BM, Hamlin DM, Hamlin RL. Assessment of drug-induced QT interval prolongation in conscious rabbits. Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods. 2006; 53(2): 168-173. doi: 10.1016/j.vascn.2005.04.013
6. Cunha DNQ, Buccellato M, Keene BW, et al. Electrocardiographic, hematologic, histopathologic, and recovery characteristics from repeated morphine-chloralose anesthesia in dogs. International Journal of Applied Research in Veterinary Medicine. 2008; 6: 191-200.
7. Simsek S, Ozkanlar Y, Balkaya I, Aktas MS. Microscopic, serologic and molecular surveys on Dirofilaria immitis in stray dogs, Turkey. Veterinary Parasitology. 2011; 183(1-2): 109-113. doi: 10.1016/j.vetpar.2011.06.012
8. Ozkanlar Y, Aktas MS, Turkeli M, et al. Effects of ramipril and darbepoetin on electromechanical activity of the heart in doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity. International Journal of Cardiology. 2014; 173(3): 519-521. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2014.03
9. Ozkanlar Y, Nishijima Y, da Cunha D, Ulas N, Degirmencay S, Hamlin RL. A clinical application of the “brody effect”. Heart Res Open J. 2015; 2(3): 95-99. doi: 10.17140/HROJ-2-116