Xiaoyun Liang, PhD
Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health
The University of Melbourne
245 Burgundy Street
Heidelberg, 3084, Australia
Dr. Liang is a Magnetic Resonance (MR) physicist in The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, University of Melbourne. After obtaining his PhD degree from Southeast University in 2005, he joined Shanghai University as a lecturer. He finished his postdoctoral training in Brandeis (2007-2008) and Vanderbilt University (2008-2009) in USA. Since 2010, he moved to The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental health as a senior research fellow. He is an expert in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), especially arterial spin labelling perfusion MRI. He is mainly focusing on advanced MRI development, with the aim of applying new methods, especially neuro imaging, to important clinical and neuro scientific problems, in particular in the field of epilepsy, stroke and Alzheimers disease.
His research interests include: Arterial spin labeling perfusion MRI, Magnetic resonance imaging, MRI pulse sequence development, Brain connectivity, Integration of structural and functional brain connectivity, Medical image processing and analyses and Machine leaning and pattern recognition.
• International society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Member
1. Liang X, Connelly A, Tournier D, Calamante F. Physics in Medicine and Biology. 2014; 59: 5559-5573. doi: 10.1088/0031-9155/59/18/5559.
2. Liang X, Connelly A, Calamante F. Graph analysis of resting-state ASL perfusion MRI data: Nonlinear correlations among CBF and network metrics. NeuroImage. 2014; 87: 265-275. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.11.013
3. Liang X, Connelly A, Calamante F. Improved partial volume correction for single inversion time arterial spin labeling data. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2013; 69: 531-537. doi: 10.1002/mrm.24279
4. Liang X, Tournier D, Masterton R, Connelly A, Calamante F. A k-space sharing 3D GRASE pseudo-continuous ASL method for whole-brain resting-state functional connectivity. International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology. 2012; 22(1): 37-43. doi: 10.1002/ima.22006
5. Liang X, Zebrowitz L, Zhang Y. Neural Activation in the ‘Reward- Circuit’ Shows a Nonlinear Response to Facial Attractiveness. Social Neuroscience. 2010; 5(3): 320-334. doi: 10.1080/17470911003619916.
6. Liang X, Zebrowitz L, Aharon I. Effective Connectivity between Amygdala and Orbitofrontal Cortex Differentiates the Perception of Facial Expressions. Social Neuroscience. 2009; 4(2): 185-196. doi: 10.1080/17470910802453105
7. Zeng W, Liang Z, Wang Z, Fang Z, Liang X, Luo L. Decimative Subspace-based Parameter Estimation Methods of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy based on Prior Knowledge. Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2008; 26(3): 401-412. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mri.2007.08.004
8. Liang X, Zeng W, Luo L. Non-uniform MR Image Reconstruction Based on Non-uniform FFT. Proc SPIE. 2007. br> 9. Zheng Wang, Zhang P, Liang X, Luo L. Mesh simplification algorithm based on moments. Journal of Circuit and System. 2006; 11(5): 107-110.
10. Wang Z, Shu H, Luo L, Liang X, Zhang P. Tetrahedron Mesh-Cut Algorithm Based on Projective Method. Journal of Data Acquisition and Processing. 2006; 21(4): 423-427.
11. Zeng W, Liang X, Luo L. A Preprocessing Quantification Method for MRS Signal based on Complex PCA. Journal of Electronic & Information Technology. 2005; 27(1): 51-55.
12. Zeng W, Liang X, Luo L. One Quantitative Method based on Total Least Squares for Frequency-selective Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. Acta Electronica Sinica. 2005; 33(7): 1209-1212.
13. Zeng W, Liang X, Luo L. Decimative Subspace-based Parameter Estimation Methods of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. Journal of Computer. 2005; 29(12): 2226-2231.
14. Wang Z, Zhang P, Liang X, Zhou Z, Luo L. GGCV Method for Image Segmentation Based on HSV. Journal of Data Acquisition and Processing. 2005; 20: 394-397.
15. Liang X, Zeng W, Luo L. PDE-Based MRI Image Denoising. Signal Processing. 2004; 3: 318-321.
16. Liang X, Zeng W, Luo L. Wavelet Bank Filter Based Optical Flow Estimation. Journal of Data Acquisition and Processing. 2004; 19(1): 78-81.
17. Liang X, Zhang P, Wang W, Zeng W. Medical Image Registration using Hausdorff Distance Combined with Genetic Algorithm. Journal of Scientific Instrument. 2004; 4: 535-537.
18. Zeng W, Luo L, Liang X, Wang S, Guo S. Wavelet Based fMRI Image Denoising. Journal of Applied Science. 2004; 1: 118-123.
19. Zeng W, Liang X, Luo L. Automatic Damping Factor Alignment in MRS Based on Complex Principal Component Analyses. Journal of Circuit and System. 2004; 2: 84-87.
20. Zhang P, Zhao H, Liang X. Face Detection and Validation Method in Complex Background. Journal of Data Acquisition and Processing. 2004; 1: 10-15.
21. Liang X, Luo L, Zeng W. Level Set Method Based Medical Image Segmentation. Journal of Circuit and System. 2003; 6: 77-81.