Xiaowen Liu, PhD
Department of Cardiology
Boston Childrens Hospital
Harvard Medical School
Boston, MA 02115, USA
• Aug 2009- March 2014 Departments of Pharmacology and Dermatology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
• Sep 2006- July 2009 Institute of Zoology, ChineseAcademy of Sciences
• Sep 2002- July 2006 College of Life Science and Technology, Beijing University of Chemical Technology
• March 2014-present Department of Cardiology, Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Her research interests include: Primary cilia, Inflammation and Cardiovascular Disease, Ion channels especially TRRP channels, Stem cells, Signal transduction, G protein coupled receptors, Vesicle trafficking, Cell Polarity , Cell Migration.
SCHOLARSHIPS, AWARDS and PRESENTATIONS
• 2012.9 The Albert and Doris Woeltjen Student Achievement Award, Department of Pharmacology
• 2012.4 Deans Scholar Award, Graduate College of University of Illinois at Chicago
• 2012.4 Presentation on Student Research Forum of Department of Pharmacology
• 2012.3 Poster Presentation on Chicago Cytoskeleton Meeting at Northwestern University
• 2011.3 Presentation on Student Research Forum of Department of Pharmacology
• 2006.7 Honored student of Chinese Academy of Sciences
• 2005.4 Second class scholarship of BUCT
• 2004.12 Honored student of College of life science and technology, BUCT
• 2004.10 Second class scholarship of BUCT
• 2004.4 First class of National scholarship of China
• 2003.2 Second class of National scholarship of China
1. Liu X, Ma B, Malik AB, Tang H, et al. Bidirectional regulation of neutrophil migration by MAP kinases. Nature Immunology. 2012; 13: 457-464. doi:10.1038/ni.2258.
2. Liu X, Yang T, Suzuki K, et al. Moesin and Myosin Phosphatase Confine Neutrophil Orientation in a Chemotactic Gradient. J Exp Med. 2014.