Walid El-Sherbiny, MBBS, MSc, MD, FICS
Consultant of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Faculty of Medicine
Oula, Giza, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Education and Training
• 1977-1982: Canal Primary school, Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
• 1983- 1987: Aboayoub Elansary Intermediate School, Kuwait
• 1988- 1990: Maadi Secondary School, Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
• 1991- 1997: Medical Student, Faculty of medicine – Cairo University
• 1999- 2001: MSc, Ob/Gyn Student, Faculty of medicine – Cairo University
• 2002- 2005: MD, Ob/Gyn Student, Faculty of medicine – Cairo University
• House officer in Cairo University hospitals for one year from 1/3/1998 to 28/2/1999
• Resident doctor (Registrar) of obstetrics and gynaecology in obstetrics and gynaecology Hospital, Faculty of medicine, Cairo University Hospitals for 3 years from 16/9/1999 to 15/9/2002
• Instructor and Specialist of obstetrics and gynaecology in obstetrics and gynaecology department and Hospital – Faculty of medicine, Cairo University for 8 months from 11/3/2003 to 16/11/2003
• Lecturer and Specialist of obstetrics and gynaecology in obstetrics and gynaecology department and Hospital – Faculty of medicine, Cairo University for 22 months from 17/11/2003 to 27/9/2005
• Assistant Professor and Specialist of obstetrics and gynaecology in obstetrics and gynaecology department and Hospital, Faculty of medicine – Cairo University for 5 years from 28/9/2005 to 26/10/2010
• Associate Professor and Consultant of obstetrics and gynaecology obstetrics in obstetrics and gynaecology department and Hospital, Faculty of medicine – Cairo University from 27/10/2010 to Present
• Staff member of the Oncogynaecology unit of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department, Faculty of medicine- Cairo University
• Consultant of assisted reproduction and IVF- Ganna IVF Hospital
• Consultant of high risk obstetrics, new Kasr El-Eini Specialized Hospital
• Teaching the undergraduate Obstetrics and gynaecology course for medical students in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department, Faculty of medicine- Cairo University from 2003 to Present
• Teaching the undergraduate Obstetrics and gynaecology course for the medical student of 6th of October University between 2004 and 2010
• Teaching the undergraduate Obstetrics and gynaecology course for the students of the nurses technical institute- Cairo university between 2005 and 2010
• Teaching the undergraduate Obstetrics and gynaecology course for the students of the nurses technical school- Cairo university between 2005 and 2010
• Teaching the clinical postgraduate Obstetrics and gynaecology course for the MSc students from 2007 to Present
• Trainer of hysteroscopy in the workshops of diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy of the department of gynaecology and obstetrics- Cairo University from 2007 to Present
• Trainer of basic and advanced ultrasound in the workshops of basic and advanced ultrasound of the department of gynaecology and obstetrics- Cairo University between 2005 and 2010
• Trainer of basic and advanced ultrasound in the basic and advanced ultrasound courses of the Egyptian Medical Syndicate between 2005 and 2006
• Supervision of twenty four master degree thesis and four MD thesis
His research interests include: High risk obstetrics management, Vaginal surgeries, Gynecologic Endocrinology, Assisted reproduction techniques, Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, Colposcopy, Trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal Pelvic Ultrasound and ultrasound guided procedures.
Publications in Indexed Journals
1. El-Sherbiny W, El-Mazny A, Abou-Salem N, Mostafa WS. The diagnostic accuracy of two- versus three-dimensional sonohysterography for evaluation of the uterine cavity in the reproductive age. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2015; 22(1): 127-131. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2014.08.779
2. Aal AAA, Attia SS, Hanafy NA, et al. molecular diagnosis of toxoplasmosis in non immune pregnant females. Maced J Med Sci. 2014; 7(3): 415-420. doi: 10.3889/MJMS.1857-5773.2014.0425
3. Salem M, Kamal S, El Sherbiny W, Abdel Aal AA. Flow cytometric assessment of endothelial and platelet microparticles in preeclampsia and their relation to disease severity and Doppler parameters. Hematology. 2014. doi: 10.1179/1607845414Y.0000000178
4. Elmahgoub IR, Afify RA, Abdel Aal AA, El-Sherbiny WS. Prevalence of coagulation factor XIII and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene polymorphisms among Egyptian women suffering from unexplained primary recurrent miscarriage. J Reprod Immunol. 2014; 103: 18-22. doi: 10.1016/j.jri.2014.02.007
5. El-Sherbiny W, Nasr AS, Soliman A. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) (Glu298Asp) and urotensin II (UTS2 S89N) gene polymorphisms in preeclampsia: prediction and correlation with severity in Egyptian females. Hypertension in Pregnancy. 2013; 32(3): 292-303. doi: 10.3109/10641955.2013.806539
6. El-Sherbiny W, Saber W, Askalany A, El-Daly A, Sleem A. Effect of intra-abdominal instillation of lidocaine during minor laparoscopic procedures. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009; 106(3): 213-215. doi: 10.1016/j.ijgo.2009.04.016
7. Abou-Salem N, El-Mazny A, El-Sherbiny W. Value of 3-dimensional sonohysterography for detection of intrauterine lesions in women with abnormal uterine bleeding. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. 2010; 17(2): 200-204. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2009.12.010
8. El-Mazny A, Abou-Salem N, El-Sherbiny W, El-Mazny AH. Insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and metabolic syndrome in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2010; 109(3): 239-241. doi: 10.1016/j.ijgo.2010.01.014
9. El-Mazny A, Abou-Salem N, El-Sherbiny W, Saber W. Outpatient Hysteroscopy: A routine investigation prior to assisted reproductive techniques? Fertil Steril. 2011; 95(1): 272-276. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2010.06.033
10. El-Sherbiny W, Nasr A. Value of 3-dimensional sonohysterography in infertility work up. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011; 18(1): 54-58. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2010.08.697
11. El-Sherbiny W, Soliman A, El-Mazny A. Elevated serum-soluble Fas in preeclampsia: correlation with clinical, laboratory, and Doppler parameters. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2011; 30(2): 221-230. doi: 10.3109/10641955.2010.544804
12. El Sherbiny WS, Nasr A, Soliman A. Placental protein 13 as an early predictor in egyptian patients with preeclampsia, correlation to risk, and association with outcome. J Investig Med. 2012; 60(5): 818-822. doi: 10.231/JIM.0b013e31824e9a68
13. El-Sherbiny W, Nasr A, Soliman A. Metalloprotease (ADAM12-S) as a predictor of preeclampsia: correlation with severity, maternal complications, fetal outcome, and doppler parameters. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2012; 31(4): 442-450. doi: 10.3109/10641955.2012.690059
14. El-Sherbiny W, Al-Inany H, Ibrahim M, Harb H. Antimullerian hormone as a predictor of ovarian reserve after laparoscopic ovarian drilling. Human Reproduction. 2010; 25: I83-I84.
Publications in Other Periodicals
15. Shawki O, El-Sherbiny W, Saber W, Askalany A, El-Daly A. Treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine leiomyoma with the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system. Gynecol Surgery journal. 2009; 6(4): 331-337. doi: 10.1007/s10397-009-0479-1
16. Motawe M, Abuleil Z, Shaaban Y, Azab H, Alsaeed M, El-Sherbiny W. Assessment of endometrial receptivity in unexplained infertility by Doppler ultrasound and interleukin-1. The Middle East Fertility Society Journal. 2008; 13(3).
17. El-Sherbiny W, Farouk A, El-Badry M, El-Mekawy M, El-Inany H. Footwear and postural changes in the third trimester of pregnancy. Anatolian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2010; 2(2).
18. El-Sherbiny W, Kamal S. Circulating microparticles in preeclampsia. Anatolian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2009; 1(4).
19. Al-Sharkawy SH, Amer M, Motawe M, Al-Shahed M, El-Sherbiny W. A comparative study of mixed urinary gonadotrophins regimens. The Medical Journal of Cairo University. 2008; 76(suppl 4).
20. Ali E, Bousely T, Yassin R, El-Sherbiny W, Thabet S. New attempts in diagnosing and managing the endometrial mucosal factor in unexplained infertility. Scientific Medical Journal (Egypt). 2009; 21(1).
21. Kilani Z, Shaban M, Haj Hassan L, El-Sherbiny W. Dehydroepiandrosterone administration to women during ovarian stimulation is detrimental to IVF outcome. Kajog. 2010; 1(3): 101-106.
22. Aletaibi F, El-Sherbiny W, Nasr A. Adding GnRH antagonist in iui cycles decreased the complications and didnt affect the outcome in women with PCOS. Evidence Based Womens Health Journal. 2011; 1(1).
23. El-Kashif A, Kamal M, Fathy M, El-Sherbiny W. Serum endoglin and hepatocyte growth factor; correlation with the clinical presentation of breast cancer patients. PAJO. 2010; 3(4): 14-19.