Vincenzo Domenichelli, MD
Department of Pediatric Surgery
Pediatric Urology Unit
AUSL of Romagna, Italy
Dr. Domenichelli is actually working in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at Infermi Hospital in Rimini, Italy since September 2002. From April 2013 he is incharge of the Section of Pediatric Urology at Infermi Hospital. He is working closely with Pediatricians and Pediatric Nephrologists of his Hospital and Region. During his residency at SantOrsola Hospital in Bologna – where he also graduated from Medical School at University of Bologna – he attended the neonatal and infants ward and then he moved to the Pediatric Urology field where he actively participated to the urodynamic studies on patients with bladder disfunctions. He also was interested in Pediatric Oncology in last years of his residency. After earning his degree cum laude in Pediatric Surgery at the University of Bologna he worked in different fields ending up at Infermi Hospital in Rimini. He participated to many Pediatric Surgical mission in low income countries (Tanzania, Bangladesh, Uganda, Senegal just to name some).He is the author of several peer-reviewed publications and book chapters and partecipated to numerous national and international courses and meetings.
His research interest includes: Pediatric Urology where he developed specific competence in reconstructive surgery of the external genitalia in particular in the treatment of hypospadias. Minimally invasive surgery-especially applied to the correction of the pathologies of the urinary tract-and in managing pediatric wounds with the use of negative pressure devices(NPWT).
• Member of the National Honor Society for Secondary School of America
• Member of the Italian Society of Pediatric Urology (SIUP)
1. Ceccarelli PL, Cacciari A, Rossi F, et al. The Use Of Ceftriaxone In Short Term Antimicrobial Chemoprophylaxis In Paediatric Surgical Patients With High Risk Of Infections Italian Journal of Pediatric Surgical Science. 1994; 8(3): 143-148.
2. Ceccarelli PL, Gentili A, Grillone G, et alLimpiego lipid emulsion du soie con olio di neonato takes 20% nel sottoposto NPT Rivista Italiana di Nutrizione Parenterale ed Enterale. 1995; 13(3): 205-210.
3. Cacciari A, Ceccarelli PL, Domenichelii V. Fisiopatologi to dellostruzio the urethra to. XII Congresso Nazionale della Società Italiana di Pediatric Urologie. Riccione 7-8 Giugno. 1996; 15-27.
4. Rossi F, De Castro R, Ceccarelli PL, Domenichelli V, Dòmini R. Anterior sagittal transanorectal approach (Astra) to the Posterior Urethra in Pediatric Age. Pediatrics. 1997; 100: 576.
5. Domenichelli V, Di Lorenzo FP, Perrotta ML, Messina P, De Castro R. Portable bladder volume ultrasound scanner for the measurement of bladder capacity and residual urine in children. Urodinamic. 1997; 7(4): 311-313.
6. Domenichelli V, De Castro R, Perrotta ML, Federici S, Di Lorenzo FP, Dòmini R. One-stage reconstruction of the lower urinary tract in children with genitourinary rhabdomyosarcoma British Journal of Urology. 1998; 81(Supplemento 2,61).
7. Del Rossi C, Attanasio A, Del Curto S, Fontechiari SIP, Ghezzi D. I.P., Munari S. I.P., Domenichelli V., De Castro R Trattamento della sindrome di rokitansky-kunster-hauser presso un ospedale missionario in bangladesh 1°: peculiarità diagnostiche e di preparazione allintervento chirurgico, . Atti XIV Congresso Nazionale Società Italiana di Urologia Pediatrica. 1998; 46–49.
8. Del Rossi C, De Castro R, Domenichelli V, et al. Attanasio. Treatment Of Syndrome Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser at Missionary Hospital in Bangladesh 2nd: Results and Technical chirurgien . XIV National Congress of the Italian Society of Pediatric Urology. 1998; 50-53.
9. De Castro R, Lauro V, Domenichelli V, et al. Ombelicoplastica Secondo Mitchell Nellestrofia Vescicale: Risultato Estetico In 9 Casi M. Prestipino. Atti XIV Congresso Nazionale Società Italiana di Urologia Pediatrica, 1998; 59-61.
10. Di Lorenzo FP, Centonze N, Messina P, et al. Hydronephrosis primitive by abnormal vessels: a review of 65 cases treated Acts XIV National Congress of the Italian Society of Pediatric Urology. 1998; 138-140.
11. De Castro R, Domenichelli V, Di Lorenzo FP, Prestipino M, Perrotta ML. Rifaximin treatment for acute recurrent diarrhea in children with genitourinary disorders. . Current Therapeutic Research. 1998; 59(10): 746-751.
12. Del Rossi C, Domenichelli V, Attanasio A, De Castro R. Treatment of Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome in Bangladesh: Results of 10 total vaginal replacement with sigmoid colon at an Italian missionary Hospita. Pediatrics. 1998; 102(3): 850-850.
13. Del Rossi C, Attanasio A, Domenichelli V,De Castro R. Treatment of mayer-rokitansky-kuster-hauser syndrome in bangladesh: results of 10 total vaginal replacement with sigmoid colon at a missionary hospital. The Journal of Urology. 1999; 162: 1138-1140.
14. Federici S, Prestipino M, Domenichelli V, Antonellini C, Sciutti R, Dòmini R. Fetus in fetu: report of an additional, well developed houses in our experience. Pediatric Surgery International. 2001; 17: 483-485.
15. Federici S, Domenichelli V, Tani G, et al. Pleuropulmonary blastoma in congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation: report of a case. Eur J. Pediatr Surg. 2001; 11: 196-199.
16. Federici S, Ratta A, Domenichelli V, Antonellini C, Dòmini R, Oggi C, Ie neoplasie corticosurrenaliche in età pediatrica: nostra esperienza su 16 casi trattati e valutazione dei dati prognostici. 2001; 18(1).
17. Federici S, Domenichelli V, Antonellini C, Dòmini R. Multiple intestinal atresia with apple peel syndrome: successful treatment by five end-to-end anastomoses, jejunostomy and transanastomotic silicone stent. J Pediatr Surg. 2003; 38(8): 1250-1252.
18. Domenichelli V, Ratta A, Federici S. laparoscopic approach and endoscopic sphinterotomy (es) as simultary treatment of common bile duct stones in childrensignoretti. Dialogues of Paediatric Video-Surgery. 2006; 3(2): 9.
19. Federici S, Signoretti P, Mordenti M, Domenichelli V, Ratta A, Pelusi P, Italiano F. Minimally invasive surgery: 4 years experience. Dialogues of Paediatric Surgery-Video. 2007; 3(1): 11-12.
20. Federici S, Ratta A, De Biagi L, et al. Thoracoscopic resection of a pulmonary metastasis less than 1cm in size utilizing preoperative ct-guided wire localization: a case report. Lap Adv Surg Tech. 2008; 18(3): 502.
21. Federici S, De Biagi L, Ratta A, Mordenti M, Domenichelli V, Pelusi G, Italiano F. Neonatal laparoscopy in newborn affected by nec: a case report. Lap Adv Surg Tech. 2008; 18(3): 520.
22. Domenichelli V, De Biagi L, Pelusi G, Ratta A, Italiano F, Romeo N. Syndrome of Shwachman-onset neonatal surgical Proceedings Case reports in Neonatology. Bertinoro. 2008; 3-4.
23. Federici S, Ratta A, Mordenti M, et al. Successful thoracoscopic resection of pulmonary metastasis less than 1 cm in size Utilizing preoperative ct-guided wire localization. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2009; 19 Suppl 1: S171-S173.
24. Domenichelli V, De Biagi L, ItalianoF, Carfagnini F, Lavacchini A, Federici S. Congenital bilateral mid-ureteral stricture: a unique case. Journal of Pediatric Urology 2008; 4: e401-e403.
25. Federici S, Mordenti M, Domenichelli V, Pelusi G, Straziuso S, Pericoli R. Successful combined treatment in a giant mesenteric desmoid tumor: case report and review of the literature. J Pediatr Surg 2012; 47(6): e25-e30
26. Federici S, Straziuso S, De Biagi L, Sabatino MD, Domenichelli V. Iappendicectomia without scarring experience of the center of Rimini nellappendicectomia trans-umbilical laparoscopic-assisted (tulaa). Medical and Child. 2013; 32(6): 395.
27. Federici S, Straziuso S, De Biagi L, Sabatino MD, Domenichelli V. Iappendicectomia no scar on medical and child-electronic pages 16 (6), 2013
28. Federici S, Straziuso S, De Biagi L, Sabatino MD, Domenichelli V. Worse prognosis in the complex jejunoileal atresia: is it real? . European Journal of Pediatric Surgery Reports 06/2014; 03(01).
29. Marchetti F, Mainetti M, Mambelli L, Italiano F, Domenichelli V, Federici S. Sideropenic anemia: it is always easy to reason about it Doctor and Child 2015; 34(4): 247-251
30. Domenichelli V, Straziuso S, Sabatino MD, Federici S. Vacuum assisted closure (vac) and platelet-rich plasma (prp): a successful combination in a challenging case of gastroschisis. Open Journal of Pediatrics. 2015; 5(03): 274.