Tang Tao, PhD
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Tai Po Road, Sha Tin
New Territories, Hong Kong
• 2005-2008: Ph.D Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
• 2001-2004: M.Sc Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Nankai University, Tianjin, P.R. China
• 1996-2000: B.Sc. Department of Biology, Liaoning University, Liaoning, P.R. China
• 2013.04 – Present: Research Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• 2011.08 – 2013.04: Research Assistant, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• 2010.07 – 2011.07: Research Assistant, Department of Orthopaedics & Traumatology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• 2009.07 – 2010.07: Post Doctorial Fellow, Department of Orthopaedics & Traumatology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• 2009.01 – 2009.07: Research Assistant, Department of Orthopaedics & Traumatology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• 2004.09 – 2005.06: Manager, Tianjin walkman biomaterial CO., LTD. in Tianjin, P.R. China
His research interests include: Cervical cancer, RNAi based cancer therapy strategy.
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
• 2011 – Present: The Hong Kong Society of Medical Genetics (HKSMG)
• 2010 – Present: International Chinese Hard Tissue Society
• 2007 – 2008: American Association for Cancer Research
EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBER
• 2013 – Present: editor for Medical Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• 2014 – Present: editor for Austin Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• 2014 – Present: eminent editor for Journal of Andrology & Gynaecology
• 2014 – Present: associate editor of International Journal of Medical Therapy & Therapeutics
• 2014 – Present: Reviewer in Cancer Research Frontiers
1. Deng Y, Wang CC, Choy KW, et al. Therapeutic potentials of gene silencing by RNA interference: Principles, challenges, and new strategies. Gene. 2014; 538: 217-227. doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2013.12.019.
2. Guo B, Zhang B, Zheng L, et al. Therapeutic RNA interference targeting CKIP-1 with a cross-species sequence to stimulate bone formation. Bone. 2014; 59: 76-88. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2013.11.007.
3. Chen S, Lau P, Lei M, et al. Segmental composite porous scaffolds with either osteogenesis or anti-bone resorption properties tested in a rabbit ulna defect model. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine. 2013. doi: 10.1002/term.1828.
4. Yan L, Raphael AP, Zhu X, et al. Nanocomposite-Strengthened Dissolving Microneedles for Improved Transdermal Delivery to Human Skin. Adv Healthc Mater. 2013. doi: 10.1002/adhm.201300312.
5. Tang T, Wong HK, Gu W, et al. MicroRNA-182 plays an onco-miRNA role in cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2013; 129: 199-208. doi: 10.1016/j.ygyno.2012.12.043.
6. Wang X, Guo B, Li Q, et al. miR-214 targets ATF4 to inhibit bone formation. Nat Med. 2012. doi: 10.1038/nm.3026.
7. Zhang G, Guo B, Wu H, et al. A delivery system targeting bone formation surfaces to facilitate RNAi-based anabolic therapy. Nat Med. 2012; 18(2): 307-314. doi: 10.1038/nm.2617.
8. He YX, Liu Z, Pan XH, et al. Deletion of estrogen receptor beta accelerates early stage of bone healing in a mouse osteotomy model. Osteoporos Int. 2012; 23(1): 377-389. doi: 10.1007/s00198-011-1812-x.
9. Tang T, Zhang G, Carol Lau PY, et al. Effect of water soluble P-chitosan and S-chitosan on human primary osteoblasts and giant cell tumor of bone stromal cells. Biomed Mater. 2011; 6(1): 015004. doi: 10.1088/1748-6041/6/1/015004.
10. Chan SY, Choy KW, Tsao SW, et al. Authentication of nasopharyngeal carcinoma tumor lines. Int J Cancer. 2008; 122(9): 2169-2171. doi: 10.1002/ijc.23374.