Sukhen Samanta, MBBS, MD, PDCC
Senior Resident (DM)
Department of Critical Care Medicine
Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences
• (2002-2008) MBBS From North Bengal Medical College, North Bengal University,WB India
• (2009-2012) MD (Anesthesiology) From Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India
• (2010) Biostatistics & Research Methodology Dept of Biostatistics & Research Methodology, PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
• (2012-2013) PDCC (Critical Care Medicine) From Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India. (SGPGIMS)
• (2013 July-June 2014) Trauma & Critical Care All India Institute of Medical Sciences, JPNATC, New Delhi, India (2014)
• (July 2014-June 2017) EDIC (ESICM) DM Critical Care Medicine SGPGIMS, Lucknow
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & TEACHING EXPERINCE
• Experience in Medical ICU, Mixed Medical & Surgical ICU, Cardiothoracic ICU,Trauma ICU and Tetanus Care unit- 2.5 years plus 3 years
• Senior Resident (DM): (July 2014 to June 2017) Dept of Critical Care Medicine , SGPGIMS, Lucknow, India
• Senior Resident: (July 2013 to June 2014), AIIMS in TRAUMA ICU
• Senior Resident (PDCC): (July 2012 to June 2013) Dept of Critical Care Medicine, SGPGIMS, Lucknow,India
• Junior Resident (MD): (July 2009 to June 2012), Dept of Anesthesia and Intensive care, PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
His research interests include: Critical Care Medicine, Intensive care medicine, Anesthesiology, Internal medicine and Emergency medicine.
AWARDS AND DISTINCTION
• Medal in final MD examination in Aneesthesiology in PGI,Chandigarh,India
MEMBERSHIP OF VARIOUS ORGANIZATION
• Member of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine
• Life member of Research Society of Anesthesiology & Clinical Pharmacology,India
• Life member of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
1. Ghatak T, Samanta S, Baronia AK. A new technique to insert nasogastric tube in unconscious intubated patient. North Am J Med Sci. 2013; 5: 68-70. doi:10.4103/1947-2714.106215
2. Ghatak T, Samanta S, Baronia AK. Induction of anesthesia and intubation using intra-arterial route in emergency situation in two adults. Published in British Journal Anesthesia. 2012.
3. Ghatak T, Samanta S. Accidental intra-arterial dexmedetomidine injection in post-operative ward. Anesthesia and intensive care. 2013; 41: 431.
4. Solanki SL, Jain A, Bukkal I, Samanta S. Anesthetic management in a patient with Kindlers syndrome. Saudi J Anaesth. 2011; 5: 430-433.
5. Haldar R, Samanta S, Gyanesh P. Difficult tracheotomy tube insertion rescued by an angiographic catheter. J Anesth. 2013. doi:10.1007/s00540-013-1614-8
6. Samanta S, Samanta S. Early diagnosis of pneumoperitoneum in bowel perforation by capnography. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2013.09.039
7. Samanta S, Samanta S, Soni KD. Supine chest compression: alternative to prone ventilation in acute respiratory distress syndrome. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2013.11.014
8. Samanta S, Samanta S, Wig J, Baronia AK. Prone Position Ventilation for late pregnancy. ARDS American Journal of Emergency Medicine.
9. Haldar R, Samanta S, Singla A. Intractable polyuria mimicking diabetes insipidus – source traced to vecuronium infusion. American Journal of Therapeutics.
10. Pal A, Samanta S, Samanta S, Wig J. Sustained ventricular tachycardia after ecectroconvulsive therapy: Can it be prevented?” is provisionally.
11. Soni KD , Samanta S, Aggarwal R, Samanta S. Is abdomen release really necessary for prone ventilation in acute respiratory distress syndrome? American Journal of Emergency Medicine. doi:10.1016/j.ajem.2014.03.031.