Shivani Chandel, PhD
Department of Anthropology
University of Delhi
• (2012) PhD in Anthropology, University of Delhi
• (2007) MSc in Anthropology, University of Delhi
• (2005) BA in Anthropology, University of Lucknow
• (Std. XII) ISC Board, Science with Biology
• (Std. X) ICSE. Board
Her research interests include: Human growth and development, Human Ecology, Kinanthropometry and Ergonomics, Physiological Anthropology, Occupational Health, Forensic anthropology and Medical anthropology. Finally her interest in teaching and research stems not from just her commitment to quality education and research, but also from her desire to enrich the field of research and teaching. In short, her mission is to impart her passion for research in such a way that it contributes to the entire community.
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
• Award of Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) fellowship, (2008-2010)
• Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) for lectureship held on Dec. 17th 2006 and June 29th 2008
• Certificate of merit for securing highest aggregate in B.A (Part I, II, III)
• Honoured with Mrs. Tarawati Chaturvedi Memorial Award for securing highest marks in Anthropology in B.A (Part III)
• Honoured with Ritu Poddar Memorial Award for the year 2003-04 for securing the highest percentage of Marks in B.A. (Part I) exams
• Honoured with Sri S.P. Arora scholarship for securing highest percentage of marks in B.A (Part I) exams
• Honoured with Dilip Bhargava Memorial Medal and Certificate of merit in Anthropology for securing highest marks in B.A (Part I)
• Certificate of merit for securing highest marks in English in B.A (Part I)
1. Chandel S. Chiroura: A Village in Transition. Challenges of Urbanization in the 21st century. Planning and Governance. 2013; 3: 142-148.
2. Chandel S, Malik SL. Anthropometric Somatotype of Kshatriya and Kurmi of Uttar Pradesh: population and gender differences. Human Biology Review. 2012; 1(1): 1-15.
1. Chandel S, Malik SL. Human variation and designing: a kinanthropometric study. LAMBERT Academic Publishing. Germany. 2012.