Se-Hyung Kim, MD, PhD
Division of Neurotology
Department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ORL-HNS)
Jeju National University Hospital
Jeju National University School of Medicine
Jeju, Republic of Korea
• (Mar. 1996-Feb. 1998) Premedical course, College of Natural Science, Jeju National University
• (Mar. 1998-Feb. 2002) Medical course, School of Medicine, Jeju National University
• (Mar. 2003-Feb. 2005) Graduate School of Medicine, Dankook University (Master of Medical Science)
• (Mar. 2005-Aug. 2012) Graduate School of Medicine, Dankook University (Doctor of Philosophy in Medical Science)
HOSPITAL AND ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS
• (Mar. 2002-Feb. 2003) Intern, Dankook University Hospital, Cheonan, Korea
• (Mar. 2003-Feb. 2007) Resident, Department of ORL-HNS Dankook University Hospital, Cheonan, Korea
• (May 2010-Feb. 2011) Clinical Otology Fellowship Department of ORL-HNS, Sungkyunkwan University School of medicine Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
• (Oct. 2010-Feb. 2011) Editorial Board of Clinical and Experimental Otorhinolaryngology(Official Journal of the Korean Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery)(SCIE)
• (Mar. 2011-Aug. 2012) Clinical Professor, Department of ORL-HNS, Jeju National University Hospital,Jeju National University School of Medicine, Jeju, Korea
• (Sep. 2012-Present) Assistant Professor, Department of ORL-HNS, Jeju National University Hospital, Jeju National University School of Medicine, Jeju,Korea
• (Apr. 2012. 4-Present) Consulting Doctor of Korea Workers Compensation & Welfare Service
• (Jul. 2014-Present) Editorial Board of the Korean Journal of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (JKORL)
• (Jul. 2014-Present) Expert member of the Instituitonal Review Board (IRB) of Jeju National University Hospital
• (Jun. 2015-Present) Editorial Board of Journal of Clinical Otolaryngology (Official Journal of the Busan,Ulsan, Gyeoungnam Branch of The Korean Society of Otolaryngology)
His research interests include: Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ORL-HNS) and Specialty in Neurotology.
MEMBERSHIP IN MEDICAL AND SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
• Life member of the Korean Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
• Life member of the Korean Otologic Society
• Life member of the Korean Society of Audiology
• Life member of the Korean Balance Society
• Life member of the Korean Society of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
• Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS)
• Life member of the Korean Skull Base Society
• Life member of the international society for optics and photonics
• Life member of the Korean Evoked Response Audiometry Study Group
• Member of theEast Asia Symposium on Otology
• Member of the International Conference on Cholesteatoma and Ear Surgery
• Member of the Politzer Society Meeting
• Member of the International Symposium on Meniere’s Disease and Inner Ear Disorders
1. Chung SY, Rhee CK, Chung PS, et al. Tissue Reactions of the 532 nm Flash Lamp Pumped Solid State Laser and Diode Pumped Solid State Laser on the Muscle and Skin of the Guinea Pig. Korean J. Otolaryngol-Head Neck Surg. 2004; 47(9): 872-877.
2. Chung PS, Lee SJ, Chung YW, Kim SH. A Case of Synovial Sarcoma Arising in the Tongue Base. Korean J Otolaryngol-Head Neck Surg. 2004; 47(12): 1326-1332.
3. Kim HG, Chung PS, Kim SH, Lee SH, Rhee CK. The Anticancer Effect and Mechanism of Photodynamic Therapy Using 9-Hydroxypheophorbide-alpha and 630 nm Diode Laser on Heterotransplanted Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Head and Neck. Korean J Otolaryngol-Head Neck Surg. 2005; 48(6): 765-770.
4. Rhee CK, Kim YH, Kim SH, He P, Ahn JC. Effects of low level laser therapy on hair cell regeneration following gentamicin induced ototoxicity in postnatal organotypic culture of rat cochlear. Proc. SPIE. 2010; 7552: 75520B. 10.1117/12.841267
5. Moon IJ, Kim KR, Chu HS, et al. N-Acetylcysteine and N-Nitroarginine Methyl Ester Attenuate Carboplatin-Induced Ototoxicity in Dissociated Spiral Ganglion Neuron Cultures. Clin Exp Otorhinolaryngol. 2011; 4(1): 11-17.
6. Kim SH, Cho YS, Chu HS, Jang JY, Chung WH, Hong SH. Open-type Congenital Cholesteatoma: Differential Diagnosis for Conductive Hearing Loss with a Normal Tympanic Membrane. Acta Oto-Laryngologica. 2012; 132(6): 618-623. doi: 10.3109/00016489.2011.652743
7. Kim SH, Lim GC, C SH, Hyun CH, Kim JH. Surgical enucleation of nasolabial cyst by sublabial approach. J Med Life Sci. 2012; 9(1): 12-15.
8. Rhee CK, Bahk CW, Kim SH, et al. Effect of low-level laser treatment on cochlea hair-cell recovery after acute acoustic trauma. Journal of Biomedical Optics. 2012; 17(6): 068002. doi: 10.1117/1.JBO.17.6.068002
9. Kim SH, Lim GC, Choi SH. Bilateral Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss Occurred in Order in Patient with Chronic Renal Failure during Hemodialysis. J Clinical Otolaryngol. 2012; 23: 110-116.
10. Kang JY, Kim SH, Choi SH. Treatment of 3 patients with sudden sensorineural Hearing loss for more Than 1 year. J Med Life Sci. 2012; 9(2): 106-109.
11. Kim SH, Kim JH. A Case of Sinonasal Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Presenting as a Huge Nasal Polyp. Korean J Otorhinolaryngol-Head Neck Surg. 2012; 55(12): 798-801.
12. Kim SH, Lim GC, Kim JH. A Case of Dental Implant Complication Coexisting with an Inverted Papilloma in the Nasal Cavity. Korean J Otorhinolaryngol-Head Neck Sur. 2013; 56(6): 386-390.
13. Ahn SH, Kim JH, Kim SH. Update on Management of Ear discharge. J Med Life Sci. 2013; 10(1): 1-10.
14. Jeon EJ, Chung WH, Goh EK, et al. Multicenter Study on the Otologists Diagnostic & Therapeutic Approaches for BPPV in Korea. Research in Vestibular Science. 2013; 12(3): 79-92.
15. Kim SH, Cho YS, Kim HJ, Kim HJ. Operative Findings of Conductive Hearing Loss with Intact Tympanic Membrane and Normal Temporal Bone Computed Tomography. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology and Head & Neck. 2014; 271(16): 1409-1414. doi: 10.1007/s00405-013-2585-y
16. Jang HB, Kim DY, Song CI, Kim SH. A case of unilateral cochlear nerve deficiency with congenital hearing loss. J Med Life Sci. 2014; 11(2): 114-116.
17. Jung SY, Kim SH, Song CI, Kim SH. Age-Related Hearing Loss: Pathophysiology and Recent Researches. J Med Life Sci. 2014; 11(2): 152-157.
18. Kim SH, Kim JH. A case of a prolapsed facial nerve into the middle ear cavity. British Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2015; 76(1): 50-51. doi: 10.12968/hmed.2015.76.1.50
19. Kim SH. A case of nasal septal deviation-induced rhinogenic contact point otalgia. American Journal of Otolaryngology. 2015; 36(3): 451-455. doi: 10.1016/j.amjoto.2015.01.008
20. Kim SH. Pre- and postoperative clinical findings of tympanomastoid surgery in female divers (Haenyeo) of Jeju Island with chronic otitis media. Acta Oto-Laryngologica. 2015; 29: 1-8.
21. Kim S-H. A case of huge intradermal melanocytic nevus of the external auditory canal orifice. Otolaryngol Open J. 2016; 2(1): 39-42. doi: 10.17140/OTLOJ-2-110