Sami Dridi, PhD, HDR
Department of Avian Endocrinology &
Center of Excellence for Poultry Science
University of Arkansas
1260 W. Maple Street
Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Dr. Dridi received his Accreditation to Supervise Research (HDR) in Structural Biology, Biochemistry and Cell Signaling from the University of Paris XI. He got his PhD and Master degrees in Molecular and Cellular Biology from the National Polytechnic Institute of Lorraine (INPL) and National Institute for Agronomic Researches (INRA), France.
His research interests include: Peripheral and central molecular mechanisms involved in the regulation of energy homeostasis and fat metabolism in avian species for the improvement of growth efficiency.
Dr. Dridi joined several international teams such as UNC-Chapel Hill, University of Kentucky, University of Leuven (Belgium), ENITA Bordeaux (France), ENV Nantes (France) and West Virginia University as a post-doctoral fellow, Contractual Professor or Main Investigator.
1. Piekarski A, Khaldi S, Greene L, et al. Tissue distribution, gender- and genotype-dependent expression of autophagy-related genes in avian species. Plos One. 2014; 9(11): e112449. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0112449
2. Sintubin P, Greene E, Collin A, et al. Expression profile of hypothalamic neuropeptides in chicken lines selected for high or low residual feed intake. Neuropeptides. 2014; 48: 213-220. doi: 10.1016/j.npep.2014.04.007
3. Dridi S, Hirano Y, Tarallo V, et al. ERK1/2 activation is a therapeutic target in age-related macular degeneration. Proc Natl acad Sci USA. 2012; 109: 13781-13786. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1206494109.
4. Tarallo V, Hirano Y, Gelfand BD, et al. Dicer 1 loss and Alu RNA induce age-related macular degeneration via the NLRP3 inflammasome and MyD88. Cell. 2012; 149: 847-859. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2012.03.036
5. Kleinman M, Kaneko H, Cho W, et al. Short interfering RNAs induce retinal degeneration via TLR3 and IRF3. Molecular Therapy. 2012; 20: 101-108. doi: 10.1038/mt.2011.212.
6. Kaneko H, Dridi S, Tarallo V, et al. DICER dysregulation induces cytotoxic Alu RNA accumulation in age-related macular degeneration. Nature. 2011; 471: 325-330. doi: 10.1038/nature09830.
7. Gregory KJ, Zhao B, Bielenberg DR, et al. Vitamin D Binding Protein-Macrophage Activating Factor Directly Inhibits Proliferation, Migration, and uPAR Expression of Prostate Cancer Cells. Plos One. 2010; 5: e13428-e13439. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0013428
8. Ons E, Gertler A, Buyse J, et al. Visfatin gene expression in chickens is gender and tissue dependent. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2010; 38: 63-74. doi: 10.1016/j.domaniend.2009.08.007
9. Albuquerque RJ, Hayashi T, Cho WG, et al. Alternatively spliced vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 is an essential endogenous inhibitor of lymphatic vessel growth. Nat Med. 2009; 15: 1023-1030. doi: 10.1038/nm.2018.
10. Takeda A, Baffi JZ, Kleinman ME, et al. CCR3 is a target for age-related macular degeneration diagnosis and therapy. Nature. 2009; 460: 225-230. doi: 10.1038/nature08151
11. Buyse J, Janssen S, Geelissen S, et al. Ghrelin modulates fatty acid synthase and related transcription factor mRNA levels in a tissue-specific manner in neonatal broiler chicks. Peptides. 2009; 30: 1342-1347. doi: 10.1016/j.peptides.2009.04.015
12. Piekarski A, Greene E, Anthony NB, Bottje W, Dridi S. Crosstalk between autophagy and obesity: potential use of avian model. Adv Food Technol Nutr Sci Open J. 2015; 1(1): 32-37.
13. Dridi S, Anthony N, Kong BW, Bottje W. Feed efficiency: a key production trait and a global challenge. Adv Food Technol Nutr Sci Open J. 2015; 1(3): e11-e13.
14. Piekarski A, Bottje W, Dridi S. Heat stress: a global concern. Adv Food Technol Nutr Sci Open J. 2015; 1(5): 102-103. doi: < a href= https://openventio.org/Volume1_Issue5/Heat_Stress_A_Global_Concern_AFTNSOJ_1_118.pdf target=_blank>10.17140/AFTNSOJ-1-118
15. Nguyen PH, Greene E, Donoghue A, Huff G, Clark FD, Dridi S. A new insight into cold stress in poultry production. Adv Food Technol Nutr Sci Open J. 2016; 2(1): 143-144. doi:10.17140/AFTNSOJ-2-124
16. Piekarski A, Bottje W, Dridi S. Heat stress: a global concern. Adv Food Technol Nutr Sci Open J. 2015; 1(5): 102-103. doi: 10.17140/AFTNSOJ-1-118