Roy N. Morcos, MD
Reproductive Endocrinology &
St. Elizabeth Boardman Family Health
8423 Market St. Suite 101
Boardman, Ohio 44512- 6778, USA
• International College (High School), Beirut, Lebanon Major – Mathematics; graduated with Honors, 1973
• American University of Beirut, Lebanon Major – Biology/Chemistry: BS, 1976
• American University of Beirut Medical Center, Lebanon MD, 1980
His research interests include: Pregnancy rates following conservative CO2-laser surgery for endometriosis, The role of estradiol and progesterone in the pathogenesis of the Premenstrual Syndrome, Screening for osteoporosis by single-photon densitometry, The use of gonatropin-releasing hormone agoinst and estrogen replacement in the treatment of hirsutism, Ultrasound measurement of endometrial thickness and progesterone withdrawal bleeding: A comparative study, Murine embryonic development in serum supplemented normal saline solution, Peritoneal fluid embryotoxicity in endometriosis, Pregnancy induced hypertension and duration of cohabitation, Cervidila vs Prepidila for cervical ripening.
• Recipent of APGO(Association of Professor of Gynocolegy and Obstetrics) Excellence in Teaching Award, (1996)
• Recipent of Outstanding Volunteer Faculty Award, (2001)
• Department of Obstetrics and Gynocolegy, North eastern Ohio Universities College or Medicine
• Member, The American Fertility Society, Birmingham, Alabama
• Member, Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
• Member, The Youngstown Society of Obstetricians and Gynocolegists
• Member, American Academy of Family Practice
1. Marcos RN, Gibbons WE, Findley WE. The effect of peritoneal fluid on in vitro cleavage of 2-cell mouse embryos. Possible role in infertility associated with endometriosis. Fertility and Sterility. 1985; 44: 678.
2. Khawli O, Marcos RN, Stokes G, Bernstine R. Relationship between umbilical cord gas measurements, Apgar scores and birth weight . Society of Perinatal Obstetricians, 9th Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana. 1989.
3. Khawli O, Marcos RN, Stokes G, Bernstine R. Umbilical cord blood gas measurements for term and preterm newborns. Society of Perinatal Obstetrician, 9th Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana. 1989.
4. Khawli O, Marcos RN, Stokes G, Bernstine R. Spontaneous resolution of preeclampsia and nonimmune hydrops secondary to fetomaternal hemorrhage. Society of Perinatal Obstetrician, 9th Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana. 1989.
5. Marcos RN, Leonard D, Smith M, Bourguet C, Makii M, Khawli O. Vaginosonographic measurement of endometrial thickness in the evaluation of amenorrhea. Fertility and Sterility. 1991; 55(3): 543-4546. doi: 10.1097/00006254-199203000-00020
6. Marcos RN, Leonard MD, Smith M, Bourguet C, Makii M, Khaw O. Vaginosonographic Measurement of endometrial Thickness in the evaluation of Amenorrhea. In : Mishell D, Kirschbaum T, Marrow C, editors. Yearbook of Obstetrics and Gynecology. St. Louis : Mosby. 1992: 325-327.
7. Caldito G, Marcos RN. Using a logistic model and a generalized logistic model to identify acute pelvic inflammatory disease from clinical indicators. Biometric Soceity(ENAR), Annual Meeting. 1993.
8. Marcos RN, Frost N, Hnat M, Petrunak A, Caldito G. Laparoscopic versus clinical diagnosis of acute pelvic inflammatory disease. Journal of Reproductive Medicine. 1993; 38(1): 53.
9. Marcos RN, Abdul-Malak M, Shikora E. Treatment of hirsutism with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone against and estrogen replacement therapy. Fertility and Sterility. 1994; 61(3): 427-431.
10. Marcos RN, Frost N, Hnat M, Petrunak A, Caldito G. Laparoscopic versus clinical diagnosis of acute pelvic inflammatory disease. In: Mishell D, Kirschbaum T, Marrow C, editors. Yearbook of Obstetrics and Gynecology. St. Louis : Mosby. 1994; 398-399.
11. Marcos RN, Bourguet C, Gill P, Khawli O, et al. Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension and Duration of Sexual CohibationC. The Journal of Reproductive Medicine. 2000; 45: 207-212.
12. Marcos RN, Kizy T. When is treatment indicated? The Journal of Family Practice. 2012; 61(12).