Robert Jude Strony, DO, RDMS, RVT
Geisinger Medical Center
100 North Academy Avenue
Danville, PA 17822, USA
• Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA. (August 1999 – June 2003). D.O. degree
• Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA. (August 1998 – May 1999). Biomedical Sciences Masters Program
• University of Scranton, Scranton, PA. (August 1994 – May 1998). B.S. Biology, Cum Laude
• Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA. (March 2008-present). Staff Physician Emergency Department
• Geisinger Wyoming Valley, Wilkes Barre PA. Associate Staff (March 2008-present)
• Shamokin Community Hospital, Shamokin PA. Associate Staff. (2011- present)
• Bloomsburg Community Hospital, Bloomsburg PA. Associate Staff. (March 2012-present)
• Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Elmira, NY. (July 2007-February 2008). Staff Physician Emergency Department
His research interests include: Emergency ultrasound and point of care ultrasound pertaining to credentialing, competency, image archiving, machine purchase and image/storage software solutions. He also interested in research pertaining to medical education and specifically emergency medicine resident education.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Royer research award winner geisinger em residency 2007
• Mary williams annual teaching award geisinger emergency department. 2008
1. Strony RJ. Hold the Stroke Alert! Acute Axillary Artery Embolus Unmasked by Emergency Bedside Ultrasound. Journal of Vascular Ultrasound. 2014; 38(1): 29-31.
2. Strony RJ. Ultrasound Assisted Lumbar Puncture in Obese Patients. Critical Care Clinics. 2010; 26(4): 661-664. doi:10.1016/j.ccc.2010.07.002
3. Strony RJ, Dula D. Pott’s Puffy Tumor: A rare pediatric entity. Case report. Pediatric Emergency Care. Nov 2007. 2005
4. Strony RJ, Gerhart J, Perlmann J, et al. NeuroM and MyoD are expressed in Separate Subpopulations of Cells in the Pregastrulating Epiblast. Gene Expression Patterns 5. 2004; 2005: 387-395. doi:10.1016/j.modgep.2004.09.006
5. Strony RJ, Gerhart J, Perlmann J, et al. Subpopulations of NeuroM and MyoD positive cells in the chick embryo epiblast, FASEB minisymposium platform speaker. FASEB (Federation of American societies for Experimental Biology) Journal. 2003; 171(4): 467-468.
6. Perlman J, Strony R, Beckmann D, et al. Myogenic and Neurogenic Stem Cells are present in the Avian Embryo Epiblast. Molecular Biology of the Cell. 2001; 12: 366.
7. Strony RJ, Gerhart JV, George-Weinstein M. Detection of Neurogenic Precursors in the Chick Embryo Before Neural Plate Formation. Supplement to Molecular Biology of the Cell. 2000; 11: 2126.