Parveen Parasar, DVM, PhD
Boston Center for Endometriosis
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Harvard Medical School
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dr. Parasar completed his Doctoral Degree in the reproductive Immunogenetics program at Utah State University, Logan, Utah in 2013 which involved his dissertation research to determine expression patterns of Non-classical major his to compatibility complex (MHC) class I proteins in bovine trophoblast cells. Later he began his postdoctoral research fellowship in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Brigham and Womens Hospital (BWH) and the Boston Center for Endometriosis at Boston Childrens Hospital and BWH. Earlier he completed his DVM and Masters research (MVSc) focusing on animal genetics and breeding.
His research interests include: Understanding genetic and epigenetic mechanisms of pathogenesis of reproductive diseases and to use them in developing strategies to improve pregnancy success rates. He is working within the BCE to develop a stem cell model of endometriosis disease and to understand pathophysiology of the disorder in the pursuit of development of novel therapies.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Segal Education Award, AmeriCorps 2013
• Cache Valley Cooperative Dairy Scholarship, USU, Logan, UT 2012
• Graduate Student Dissertation Fellowship, USU, Logan, UT 2012
• Junior Research Fellowship, IVRI, Izatnagar 2005
1. Parasar P, Barnett S, Wilhelm A, Rashid K, Davies CJ. Large-scale growth of mouse P815 cells expressing a bovine non-classical major histocompatibility complex class I protein utilizing a pitched-blade bioreactor. BioProcess J. 2012; 11(3): 27-34. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.12665/J113.Davies.
2. Parasar P, Bhushan B, Yadav JS, Sharma A, Dutt T. DNA polymorphism of major histocompatibility complex Class-II DQA and DQB genes in crossbred cattle (Bos taurus ×Bos indicus). Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 2011; 81 (7): 769–772.
3. Parasar P. Endometriosis research: need for a stem-cell based experimental model. Gynecol Obstet Res Open J. 2015; 2(3): e6-e8. doi: 10.17140/GOROJ-2-e003
4. Parasar P. Interactions of immunomodulatory HLA-G with immune cells during pregnancy and endometriosis. Gynecol Obstet Res Open J. 2015; 2(4): 93-95.doi: 10.17140/GOROJ-2-121