Olukayode Akinlaja, MD, FWACS, FACOG
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of Tennessee College of Medicine
979 East Third Street, Suite C-725
Chattanooga, TN 37403, USA
Dr. Akinlaja is presently an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine at Chattanooga and an attending Physician with UT-Erlanger Womens Health Specialists in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He received his medical education at Obafemi Awolowo University College of Health Sciences in Ile-Ife, Nigeria and thereafter completed an OBGYN residency at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital with an award of a fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons. He also completed residency training at Bronx Lebanon Hospital under the aegis of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY. He is Board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
His Research interests include abnormal uterine bleeding, uterine fibroids, minimal invasive surgery, contraception, sexual dysfunction and preterm labor.
Honors and awards include Medical Student Teaching Awards from Albert Einstein College of medicine, NY.
His research interest include: Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Honors and Awards
• FACOG-Fellow of American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
• Board certification, American board of Obstetrics and gynecology, Dec 2009.
• Award for excellence, competence, dedication and outstanding service in the Dept. of OBGYN, Bronx Lebanon Hospital graduating class of 2008.
• FWACS-Fellow of West African College of Surgeons. Jan 2007.
• Best OBGYN resident award, Bronx Lebanon Hospital. Dec 2006
• Award of excellence in medical student teaching. Albert Einstein College of medicine 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
• Certificate of Merit and service, Lagos University teaching hospital, association of resident doctors-2001, 2002 and 2003.
• Certificate of Meritorious performance, National youth service corps, Nigeria-1997.
• Member, American Medical Association.
• Fellowship, American college of Obstetricians and gynecologists.
• (2006-present): Member, American association of gynecological laparoscopists.
1. Akinlaja OA. Postcoital Vaginal Vault Dehiscence- 4 months Post Total laparoscopic Hysterectomy. Austin J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 1(2): 2. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmig.2014.08.517
2. Sherrow S, Akinlaja O, Shaker M. Endometrioma of the Vulva after Episiotomy- a Case Report. Austin J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 1(4): 1.
3. Yoon AJ, Song J, Megalla S, et al. Left Ventricular Torsional Mechanics in Uncomplicated Pregnancy. Clinical Cardiology. 2011; 34(9): 543-548. doi: 10.1002/clc.20942.
4. Akinlaja O, Anorlu R. Outcome of Labor in Twin Gestation at a Tertiary Institution in a Developing Nation : A 15-year Review. Obstet Gynecol Cases Rev. 2014; 1: 001.
5. Feng AB, Muppuri S, Akinlaja OA, et al. Predictors of Admission to Intensive care unit and outcomes among Obstetric patients in an inner city Hospital: A case control study. ACOCP Chest. 2008; 134(4): p125001. doi: 10.1378/chest.134.4_MeetingAbstracts.p125001
6. Akinlaja OA, Anorlu RI. Knowledge of cervical cancer, awareness and attitude to screening among patients at a cytology clinic. Austin J. Obstet Gynecol. 2014; (1): 4.
7. Akinlaja O, Sherrow S. Postablation Tubal Sterilization Syndrome- a Case Report. Austin J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 1(1): 2.
8. Akinlaja OA. Ectopic gestation a month after Abdominoplasty. A case report on Laparoscopic management. Journal of minimally invasive Gynecology. 14(6): S109.
9. Akinlaja OA. Ectopic pregnancy with three prior Cesarean deliveries. A case report on Laparoscopic management. Journal of minimally invasive Gynecology. 14(6): S109-S110.
10. Simons M, Ebrahimi H, Sedlacek L, et al. Cytology Cervical intraepithelial Abnormalities in an Inner-City minority adolescent population. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2008; 11(4): 1S-113S.
11. Akinlaja O. Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy-the bump in the road of motherhood. Gynecol Obstet Res Open J. 2015; 2(4): 85-88. doi: 10.17140/GOROJ-2-119