Nishu Singla, BDS, MDS
Department of Public Health Dentistry
Manipal College of Dental Sciences
Dr. Singla is presently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Public Health Dentistry at Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal, India. She attained her Post-graduation degree in Public Health Dentistry from Manipal College of Dental Sciences, India in 2012. Since then, she has been involved in teaching the specialty of Dental Public Health to both Undergraduate and Post graduate dental students. She has been participating in dental outreach camps, especially in rural areas. She is actively involved in scientific research and too has to her credit numerous publications in both national and International journals. Her prime interest of research is about Oral Health of School Children. She has fellowship from Academy of General Education, Manipal and is a lifetime member of Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry. She has also completed a certified course in Biostatics and Research Methodology.
Her research interest include: Lifestyle and periodontal health, School dental health, Oil gum massage therapy and oral health, Tobacco cessation, Biostatistics and Toxicity of fluorides.
• Life member-Indian association of Public Health Dentistry
• Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE)
1. Acharya S, Kalayana Chakravarthy P, Singla N. Undergraduate research students perspective from an Indian dental school. Manipal Odontoscope. 2012; 4: 6-9.
2. Singla R, Singla N. Dentists: are they the first informers. Guident Dental Journal. 2013; 6(3): 82-83.
3. Singla R, Singla N, Madhumitha N, Naik VR. North Karnataka patients expectations of orthodontic treatment-A questionnaire study. E journal of Dentistry. 2013; 3(1): 318-325.
4. Singla R, Madhumitha N, Singla N. Management of Impacted Maxillary Canine-Two Case Reports. Guident Dental Journal. 2013; 6(6): 42-48.
5. Singla R, Madhumitha N, Singla N. Management of Deep Overbite-A Case Report. Guident Dental Journal. 2013; 6(9): 40-44.
6. Singla R, Madhumitha N, Singla N. Management of Class I malocclusion with unilateral first premolar extractions-A Case Report. Journal of Dentofacial Sciences. 2013; 2(3): 51-54.
7. Singla N, Singla R. Oral health care during pregnancy-An overview. Guident Dental Journal. 2013; 6(10): 82-83.
8. Singla N, Singla R. Oral health care in aging: A Review. Guident Dental journal. 2013; 12(6): 64-67.
9. Singla N, Acharya S, Singla R, Singhal D. Prevalence of needle stick injury among the nursing personnel in an Indian medical hospital: A cross sectional survey. Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary. 2014; 1(12): 449-459.
10. Goel A, Singla R, Singla N. Evaluation of Impact on Daily Performances in Patients Wearing Fixed Orthodontic Appliances. Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary. 2014; 1(12): 693-701.
11. Patel N, Singla R, Singla N. Pain perception due to orthodontic separators with and without diclofenac mouthwash. International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary. 2014; 2(2): 475-486.
12. Kasana S, Singla R, Singla N. Assessment of External root resorption-A radiographic study. E journal of dentistry. 2014; 4(1): 545-556.
13. Singla N, Acharya S, Martena S, Singla R. Effect of oil gum massage therapy on common pathogenic oral microorganisms-A randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology. 2014; 18(4): 441-446. doi: 10.4103/0972-124X.138681
14. Singla N, Singla R. Green Dentistry: A revolution. A review. Guident. 2014. 15. Singla N, Acharya S, Chakravarthy K, Singhal D, Singla R. Role of patients socioeconomic status, knowledge and attitude towards dental care on their treatment preference for Root Canal Treatment versus Extraction. E journal of dentistry. 2014; 4(3): 630-636.
16. Singla R, Acharya S, Chakravarthy K, Singla N. A Report on the Effectiveness of School Based Oral Health Programs. E Journal of Dentistry. 2014; 4(4): 686-691.
17. Singla N, Acharya S, Chakravarthy K, Singla R. Success of School Health programs: A review. International journal of health sciences and research. 2015; 5(4): 295-302.
1. Singla R, Singla N. School Dental Health Programs-A Review. Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany. 1st Ed, 2013.
2. Singla N. Recent advances in caries prevention: Changing concepts and improved technologies. Scholars. Press. 1st Ed, 2015.