Navid Ahmady Roozbahany, MD
Department of otolaryngology
Shahid Beheshti University
Dr. Roozbahany, was born on July 27, 1978, which makes him 37. He was born in Tehran, but he lived in a multiple towns in Iran and Canada. His college experience was spent at Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in the capital city of Tehran, Iran. He graduated with a Degree in Medicine, but learned so much more. He chose that degree because he originally wanted to go into the medical practice, and when he learned there was much more in medicine, he decided to look for other dimensions of this science. He was newspaper reporter for three years and he owned a weekly column in a high circulation national Iranian newspaper. As a general practitioner, he decided to earn the experience of living in rural areas and make close contact with the people living in less developed regions of the country. He spent about 2 years in a mountain village and practiced as the single medical doctor as well as manager of health and medical center where he learned how to be confident and tried to make critical decisions in extreme situations. He entered post-graduate course for studying Otolaryngology in 2005. He also enjoy being in contact with students and residents and his today’s full time job, is to work as an Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology in the University where he studied medicine.
His research interests include: Minimally invasive and Reconstructive surgeries.
• Medical Council of Iran
• Iranian Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
• Iranian Rhinology Society
• Hearing Disorders Research Center
1. Mansoory D, Roozbahany NA, Mazinany H, Samimagam A. Chronic Fusarium infection in an adult patient with undiagnosed chronic granulomatous disease. Clinal Infectious Disease. 2003; 37(7): e107-e108.
2. Mansouri D, Adimi P, Mirsaedi M, et al. Primary immune deficiencies presenting in adults: seven years of experience from Iran. Journal of Clinical Immunololgy. 2005; 25(4): 385-391. doi: 10.1007/s10875-005-4124-0
3. Peyvandi A, Samadian M, Roozbahany NA. Photoclinic.What is your diagnosis? Photoclinic diagnosis: vagus nerve schwannoma. Archive of Iranian Medicine. 2008; 11(6): 669-671.
4. Eftekharian A, Roozbahany NA, Vaezeafshar R, Narimani N. Deep neck infections: a retrospective review of 112 cases. European Archive of Otorhinolaryngology. 2009; 266(2): 273-277.
5. Photoclinic. Vagus nerve paraganglioma (glomus vagale). Peyvandi A, Peyrovi H, Roozbahany NA. Archive of Iranian Medicine. 2010; 13(1): 57-60.
6. Peyvandi A, Naghibzadeh B, Roozbahany NA. Neuro-otologic manifestations of multiple sclerosis. Archive of Iranian Medicine. 2010; 13(3): 188-192.
7. Peyvandi A, Naghibzadeh B, Roozbahany NA. Sinonasal Hemangiopericytoma: A Case Report. Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2010; 35(3): 251-253.
8. Khajavi M, Peyvandi A, Naghibzadeh B, Roozbahany NA. Salivary Glands Tumors in Patients Referred to Loghman Hakim General Hospital Between 200 and 2010. Pejouhandeh. 2010; 15(1): 45-48.
9. Eftekharian A, Roozbahany NA. Use of Intravenous Steroids at Induction of Anesthesia for Septoplasty to Reduce Post-Operative Nausea and Vomiting and Pain: A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 2013; 65(Supp 2): 216-219.
10. Roozbahany NA, Hasanzadazar M, Latifi H, Mohammadi A, Ilkhanzadeh B, Ghasemi-rad M. Yolk-Sac Tumor of the Postauricular Region: Case Report and Review of the Literature. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2012; 70(8): 1891-1895. doi: 10.1016/j.joms.2011.08.009
11. . Peyvandi A, Roozbahany NA. Hearing Loss in Chronic Renal Failure Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology. 2013; 65(Supp 3): 537-540. doi: 10.1007/s12070-011-0454-9
12. Peyvandi A, Roozbahany NA. Skull Base Injury Leading to Death Following Conventional Septoplasty. American Journal of Forensic medicine and Pathology. 2013; 34(1): 5-6. doi: 10.1097/PAF.0b013e3182518e31.
13. Roozbahany NA, Nasri S. Nasal and paranasal sinus anatomical variations in patients with rhinogenic contact point headache. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2013; 40(2): 177-183. doi: 10.1016/j.anl.2012.07.007
14. Khiyaban MS, Roozbahany NA. Invention of Intelligence Otoscope with touch sensors and comparing of its function with prior toscope. TERAPEVTICHESKII ARKHIV. 86(1s): 167-172.
15. Roozbahany NA. Complication of conventional septoplasty. Journal of Hearing Sciences and Otolaryngology. 1(1): 7-11.
16. Roozbahany NA. Post-rhinoplasty sinonasal symptoms. Journal of Hearing Sciences and Otolaryngology. 1(1): 25-29.
17. Eftekharian A, Roozbahany NA, Shomali S. The distance between stapedial footplate and incus in otosclerosis surgery. Journal of Otology. 10(1): 18-20. doi: 10.1016/j.joto.2015.07.002