Nathania Bush, DNP, APRN, BC
Associate Professor of Nursing
Department of Nursing
Morehead State University
150 University Blvd
Morehead, KY 40351, USA
• 2012: Chatham University, Doctorate of Nursing Practice
• 2005: Rutgers University, Post Graduate Certificate
Major: Nursing Education and Curriculum Development
• 2002: Eastern Kentucky University, Master of Science in Nursing
Major: Community Health Nursing
• 2001: Eastern Kentucky University, Bachelors of Science
• 1996: Eastern Kentucky University, Associate Degree
• (August 2004-present): Associate Professor of Nursing, Morehead State University
• August 2003-2009): Clinical Nurse Specialist, Staff Development Educator (PRN), Clark Regional Medical Center
• (May 2002-October 2002): Nursing Instructor, Lexington Community College
• (August 2003-2009): Clinical Nurse Coordinator (PRN), Clark Regional Medical Center
• (June 1998-2009): ICU/CCU Staff Nurse (PRN), Clark Regional Medical Center
• (June 1998-2009): Transitional Care Nurse (PRN), Clark Regional Medical Center
• (October 2001-June 2002): Telemetry/Medical Surgical Staff Nurse, St. Joseph Medical Center
• (May 2001-September 2004): Hospice Nurse , Hospice East
• (April 1996-July 1998): Medical/Surgical Staff Nurse, Clark Regional Medical Center
Her research interests include: Geriatrics and palliative care.
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL/SCHOLARLY ORGANIZATIONS
• (2007-Present): Kentucky Rural Health Association- member
• (2006-Present): Kentucky League for Nursing – member
• (2005-Present): National League for Nursing -member
• (2000-Present): American Nurses Association -member
• (2000-Present): Kentucky Nurses Association-member
• (2004- Present): Sigma Theta Tau – Theta Nu Chapter, Honor Society of Nursing – member
AWARDS FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
• 2006: Recognition by the Kentucky Nurses Association Education and Research Cabinet for a poster Present):ation entitled “Baccalaureate Mentoring Project” Present):ed at the Centennial Kentucky Nurses Association Convention
• 2006: Commissioned by Governor Ernie Fletcher as a Kentucky Colonel for professional endeavors/service to the nursing profession and the state of Kentucky, exhibited at the 1st Kentucky Nurse Educator Conference
1. Bush N, Clevenger K. How to gerontologize nursing curricula. Kentucky Nurse. 2009.
2. Sanders C, Kleinert H, Clevenger K, et al. Virtual patient training to improve reproductive healthcare for women with intellectual disabilities. Journal of Midwifery and Womens Health. 2008; 53(5): 453-60.
3. Baker H, Bush N, Craft M, Hazelrigg H. School nursing in eastern Kentucky. Kentucky Nurse. 2007.
4. Bush N, Clark T, Clevenger K, et al. Baccalaureate mentoring project abstract. Kentucky Nurse. 2007.