Monem Jemni, PhD
Chair ISAFA www.isafa.info
Qatar Olympics Committee Professorial Chair in Sport Science
College of Arts and Sciences
Al Tarfa, Doha 2713
Well established and one of the World leading authorities in sport Science. Following 21 years of professional career between, France, the USA and the UK, he has recently been offered a key position in Qatar as the Olympic Committee Professorial Chair in Sport Science Programme. His role is to develop the sport science in Qatar on the light of the upcoming World events in 2016 (Asian Football Confederation U-22 Football Championships, 7th Asian Indoor Athletics Championships) and also the Gymnastics World Championships 2018, the Athletics World Championships 2019 and the colossal FIFA World Cup in 2022.
An exercise physiologist who gained world recognition as a result of cutting edge research applied to sports. He lectured and received outstanding academic awards in several Universities. He published 110 manuscripts including original research, a textbook and conference abstracts.
His area of expertise is the optimization of human performance, that he is significantly applying to health and exercise conditions, such as: obesity, type 2 diabetes, mental health, etc. This has led him to some national and international recognition. His research projects are cross-disciplinary orientated and engage local government, exercise scientists, nutritionists, health and social care specialists and fitness industry.
MEMBERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Chair and creator ISAFA: International Science and Football Association www.isafa.info
• Artistic gymnastics/higher academy scientific expert for London Olympics 2012 www.games-experts.com/search/q=jemni
• (Since June 2011) Member at the Diabetes and Cardiovascular Groups within the South Asian Health Foundation (SAHF) www.sahf.org.uk/Members.aspx?role=Working&wgid=13
• (Since 2005) Member of the European College of Sport Science
• (Since 2004) Member of the British Association of Sport and Exercise Science
• (Since 2000) Member of the United States Elite Coach Association (USECA)
• (Since 1997) Member of the French Association for Research into Gymnastic and Acrobatic Activities [Association Française pour la Recherche en ActivitésGymniques et Acrobatiques (AFRAGA)] in charge of the International Relations; member of the scientific committee
Full Peer-Reviewed Articles
1. Bianco A, Mammina C, Jemni M, et al. A fitness index model for Italian adolescents living in Southern Italy.The ASSO project. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2015.
2. Jemni M. The enhancement of gymnastics performance: Where to start and what should be included? How do physiology, biomechanics and psychology interact in this process? Brazilian Journal of Physical Education and Sport (RBEFE). 2015.
3. Tabacchi G, Filippi AR, Amodio E, Jemni M, Bianco A, Mammina C. A meta-analysis of the validity of food frequency questionnaires targeted to adolescents. Public Health Nutrition. 2015; 10: 1-16. doi: 10.1017/S1368980015002505
4. Tabacchi G, Filippi AR, Breda J, et al. Comparative validity of the ASSO-Food Frequency Questionnaire for the web-based assessment of food and nutrients intake in adolescents. Food & Nutrition Research. 2015; 59(26216): 1-15. doi: 10.3402/fnr.v59.26216.
5. Atanasov P, Djarova T, Kalinski M, et al. Influence of ACTN3 and AMPD1 polymorphism and genotype combinations on athletes performing anaerobic based sports. Journal of Sports Science. 2015; 3: 1-10.
6. Jemni M, Bianco A, Ramos J, Thomas E, Tabacchi G. A systematic review to determine reliability and usefulness of the field-based test battery for the assessment of physical fitness in adolescents. The ASSO project. Int J of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health. 2015; 28(3): 445-478. doi: 10.13075/ijomeh.1896.00393
7. Filippi AR, Amodio E, Napoli G, et al. The web-based ASSO-food frequency questionnaire for adolescents: relative and absolute reproducibility assessment. Nutr J. 2014; 13(1): 119. doi: 10.1186/1475-2891-13-119
8. Jemni M, Mkaouer B, Marina M, Asllani A, Sands WA. Acute vibration-induced stretching enhanced hamstring and quadriceps viscoelasticity but did not affect maximal voluntary contractions in footballers. J Strength Cond Res. 2014; 28(11): 3105-3114. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000000404
9. Mkaouer B, Jemni M, Amara S, Chaabèn H, Padulo J, Tabka Z. Effect of three technical arms swings on the elevation of the center of mass during a standing back somersault. Journal of Human Kinetics. 2014; 40: 37-48. doi: 10.2478/hukin-2014-0005
10. Marina M, Jemni M. Plyometric training performance in elite oriented pre-pubertal female gymnasts. J Strength Cond Res. 2014; 28(4): 1015-1025. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000000247
11. Marina M, Jemni M, Ferrand R. A two-season longitudinal follow-up study of jumps with added weights and counter movement jumps in well-trained pre-pubertal female gymnasts. J Sport Med Physical Fitness. 2014; 54(6): 730-741.
12. Tabacchi G, Amodio E, Di Pasquale Ma, Bianco A, Jemni M, Mammina C. Validation and reproducibility of dietary assessment methods in adolescents: a systematic literature review. Public Health Nutrition. 2014; 17(12): 2700-2714. doi: 10.1017/S1368980013003157
13. Marina M, Jemni M, Rodriguez FA. Jumping performance profile of male female gymnasts. J Sport Med Physical Fitness. 2013; 534: 378-386.
14. Mkaouer B, Jemni M, Amara S, Chaaben H, Tabka Z. Kinematic and Kinetic Analysis of Two Gymnastics Acrobatic Series to Performing the Backward Stretched Somersault. Journal of Human Kinetics. 37: 17-26. doi: 10.2478/hukin-2013-0021
15. Mkaouer B, Jemni M, Amara S, Chaaben H, Tabka Z. Kinematic and kinetic analysis of counter movement jump versus two different types of sting back somersaults. Sc Gym J. 2012; 43: 61-71.
16. Filingeri D, Jemni M, Bianco A, Zeinstra E, Jimenez A. The effects of vibration during maximal graded exercise a pilot study. J Sports Sc Med. 2012; 11: 423- 429.
17. Marina M, Jemni M, Rodriguez F, Jimenez A. Plyometric jumping performances comparison between elite male female gymnasts similar age groups. J Strength Cond Res. 2012; 267: 1879-1886. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e31823b4bb8
18. Bianco A, Mammina C, Jemni M, et al. Protein supplementation in strength conditioning adepts knowledge dietary behaviour practice in Palermo, Italy. Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2011; 29(81): 25. doi: 10.1186/1550-2783-8-25
19. Bianco A, Pomara F, Jemni M, et al. Influence of family history of non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus on basal metabolic rate in sedentary active women. Panminerva Med. 2011; 534: 253-259.
20. Zaman J, Jemni M. South Asians, physical exercise heart disease. Heart. 2011; 978: 607-609.
21. Sands W, McNeal J, Jemni M, Patenti G. Thinking Sensibly about Injury Prevention Safety. Sc Gym J. 2011; 3: 43-58.
22. Ftaiti F, Jemni M, Kacem A, et al. Effect of hyperthermia physical activity on circulating growth hormone. Appl Physiol Nut Met. 2008; 335: 880-887.
23. Sands W, McNeal J, Stone M, Kimmel W, Haff G, Jemni M. The effect of vibration on active and passive range of motion in elite female synchronized swimmers. Eur J Sport Science. 2008; 84: 217-223. doi: 10.1080/17461390802116682
24. Dunlavy J, Sands W, McNeal J, et al. Strength Performance Assessment in a Simulated Mens Gymnastics Still Rings Cross. J Sports Sci. Med. 2007; 6: 93-97. http://www.jssm.org.
25. Jemni M, Sands W, Friemel F, Cooke C, Stone M. Effect of gymnastics training on aerobic anaerobic components in elite sub elite men gymnasts. J Strength Cond Res. 2006; 204: 899-907.
26. Sands W, McNeal J, Stone M, Russell E, Jemni M. Flexibility enhancement with vibration Acute long term. Med Sc Sports Exer. 2006; 384: 720-725.
27. Sands W, McNeal J, OchiM, Urbanek T, Jemni M, Stone M. Comparison of the Wingate and Bosco Anaerobic Tests. J Strength Cond. Res. 2004; 184: 810-815.
28. Jemni M, Sands W, Friemel F, Delamarche P. Effect of active passive recovery on blood lactate performance during simulated competition in high level gymnasts. Can J Appl Physiol. 2003; 282: 240-256.
29. Jemni M, Sands W. Active recovery during gymnastics session. Elite Gymnastics Journal. 2003; 265: 19-26.
30. Jemni M, Sands W. Heart rate blood lactate concentration as training indices for high-level mens gymnasts. Elite Gymnastics Journal. 2003; 264: 18-23.
31. Jemni M, Friemel F, Ss W. Etude de la recuperation entre les agreslors de quatre seances d entrainement de gymnastique masculine. Education Physique et Sportive. 2002; 57: 57-61.
32. Jemni M, Friemel F, Sands W, Mikesky A. Evolution du profilphysiologique des gymnastes Durant les 40 dernieresannees.Evolution of gymnasts physiological profile during the last 40 years. Can J Appl Physiol.2001; 265: 442-456.
33. Jemni M, Friemel F, Le Chevalier J, Origas M. Heart Rate and Blood Lactate Concentration Analysis During a High-Level Mens Gymnastics Competition J Strength Cond. Res. 2000; 144: 389-394. doi: 10.1519/1533-4287(2000)0142.0.CO;2
34. Jemni M, Friemel F, Chevalier J, Origas M. Bioenergetics of the high-level gymnastics. Physical Education.1998; 39: 29-34.
35. Jemni M, Friemel F, Chevalier J, Origas M. Bioenergetics of gymnastics. Science etMotricite. 1998; 105: 35-36.
36. Sands W, McNeal J, Jemni M. A look at the sprint test in the talent opportunity program. Technique. 2005; 251: 6-7.
37. Sands W, McNeal J, Jemni M. Anaerobic Power Profile Talent Selected Female Gymnasts Age 9-12 Years. Technique. 2001; 21: 5-9.
38. Jemni M, Sands W. The planning of training in gymnastics. Example of dernieresemaineavant the competition. Gym technic. 2000; 31: 17-20.
39. Chevalier J, Origas M, Stein J, et al. Comparison of 3 workouts kind among gymnastesespoirs. Confrontation with the values of laboratory metabolis meen registrees. Gym technic. 1999; 27: 24-31.
40. Sands W, McNeal J, Jemni M. Seven Fundamental Movements Circuit Program Design. International Society for Biomechanics in Sports Coaches Education web site. ISBS. 2002. a href=http://www.sportscoach-sci.com.target=_blank>http://www.sportscoach-sci.com
41. Sands W, McNeal J, Jemni M. Seven Fundamental Movements for Conditioning Gymnasts. International Society for Biomechanics in Sports Coaches Education web site. ISBS. 2001. http://www.sportscoach-sci.com
42. Sands W, McNeal J, Jemni M. Should Female Gymnasts Lift Weights Internet Sports. Science Journal. 2000. http://www.sportsci.org/jour/0003/was.html