Mohammad Reza Zarei, MD, MPH
Emergency Medicine Specialist
Sina Trauma and Surgery Research Center
Tehran University of Medical Sciences
Mohahammad Reza Zarei is an Emergency Medicine specialist with a decade of successful experience in research activities in trauma and surgery research center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS), Tehran, Iran. He is also a member of the Research Council of Trauma and Surgery Research Center. He specializes in Principles of Statistics and Epidemiology of Medical Research and regularly attends training sessions to teach medical emergency subjects and research methods workshops to medical students.
• (1992-1998), MD, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
• (2006-2008), MPH, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
• (2008-20011), Emergency Medicine, Imam Khomeini hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
His research interests include: Trauma, Emergency Medicine, Traffic accident.
1. Eftekhar B, Zarei MR, Ghodsi M, Moezardalan K, Zargar M, Ketabchi E. Comparing logistic models based on modified GCS motor component with other prognostic tools in prediction of mortality: Results of study in 7226 trauma patients. Injury. 2005; 36(8): 900-904. doi: 10.1016/j.injury.2004.12.067
2. Salimi J, Nikuobakht MR, Zarei MR. Epidemiologic study of 284 patients with urogenital trauma in three trauma centers in Tehran. Urol J. 2004; 2: 117-120.
3. Zargar M, Khaji A, Karbakhsh M, Zarei MR. Epidemiology study of facial injuries during a 13 month of trauma registry in Tehran. Indian J Med Sci. 2004; 58(3): 109-114.
4. Salimi J, Karbakhsh MD, Zarei MR. Vascular injuries in tehran: A review of 123 cases. Acta Medica Iranica. 2006; 44(5): 333-340.
5. Karami M, Sadat MM, Zehtab MJ, Habibollah-Zadeh P, Akrami K, Zarei MR. Intraoperative spinal stiffness measurement inmanagement of spinal canal stenosis. Acta Medica Iranica. 2005; 43(5): 365-369.
6. Zarei MR, Karbakhsh MD, Zareei MR, Moez Ardalan K. Pattern of assault: Experience from an urban hospital-based study in a developing country. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal (IRCMJ). 2004; 6(2): 50-54.
7. Karbakhsh MD, Mansouri MR, Salimi J, Khaji A, Zareei MR. The pattern of assault-related eye injuries in forensic medicine clinic, farabi hospital, 1381. Irn J Leg Med. 2003; 9(2): 69-74.
8. Salimi J, Zarei MR. Trauma hot spot in an area: 1s 1t possible to de terminate the geographie distribution of traumas congress trauma. 2003; 13-17.
9. Taghavi M, Rasouli MR, Boddouhi N, Zarei MR, Khaji A, Abdollahi M. Epidemiology of outpatient burns in Tehran: An analysis of 4813 cases. Burns. 2009; 36 (1): 109-113. doi: 10.1016/j.burns.2009.02.011
10. Rahimi-Movaghar V, Saadat S, Rasouli MR, et al. Prevalence of spinal cord injury in Tehran, Iran. J Spinal Cord Med. 2009; 32(4): 428-431. doi: 10.1080/10790268.2009.11754572
11. Karbakhsh M, Zandi NS, Rouzrokh M, Zarei MR. Injury epidemiology in kermanshah: The National Trauma Project in Islamic Republic of Iran. East Mediterr Health J. 2009; 15(1): 57-64.
12. Karbakhsh M, Zargar M, Zarei MR, Khaji A. Childhood injuries in Tehran: A review of 1281 cases. Turk J Pediatr. 2008; 50(4): 317-325.
13. Rasouli MR, Nouri M, Zarei MR, Saadat S, Rahimi-Movaghar V. Comparison of road traffic fatalities and injuries in Iran with other countries. Chin J Traumatol. 2008; 11(3): 131-134. doi: 10.1016/s1008-1275(08)60028-0
14. Rahimi-Movaghar V, Zarei MR, Saadat S, Rasouli MR, Nouri M. Road traffic crashes in iran from 1997 to 2007. International Jornal of injury control and Safety Prevention.2009; 16(3): 179-181. doi: 10.1080/17457300903024277
15. Pedram H, Zarei MR, Reza RM, Vaccaro AR, Rahimi-Movaghar V. Spinal fractures resulting from traumatic injuries. Chin J Traumatol. 2010; 13(1): 3-9. doi: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.1008-1275.2010.01.001
16. Zarei MR, Dianat S, Eslami V, et al. Factors associated with mortality in adult hospitalized burned patients in Tehran. IUlus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2011; 17 (1): 61-65. doi: 10.5505/tjtes.2011.22129
17. Salimi J, Zarei MR. Trauma: An epidemiological study from a single institute in Ahvaz, Iran. Payesh. 2008; 2(7): 115-120.
18. Abdoli A, Zarei MR, Amirjamshidi A. A report about two cases of penetrating brain injuries due to grinder tool. Iranian Journal of Surgery. 2008; 3(16): 70-74.
19. Zarei MR, Rahimi-Movaghar V, Saadat S, et al. Road traffic crashes mortality and morbidity in Iran in 1997-2006. HAKIM Research Journal. 2008; 3(11): 42-46.
20. Soroush AR, Modaghegh MHS, Karbakhsh M, Zarei MR. Drug abuse in hospitalized trauma patients in a university trauma care center: An explorative study. Tehran University Medical Journal (TUMJ). 2006; 8(64): 43-48.
21. Allahdini F, Amirjamshidi A, Zarei MR. Surgical outcome in patients with degenerative cervical disc disease undergoing anterior cervical discectomy consolidated with interbody fusion fraft (ACDF) versus anterior cervical discectomy without fusion graft (ACD): Prospective analysis of 65 cases in sina hospital (2003-2005). Iranian Journal of Surgery. 2006; 3(14): 44-53.
22. Karbakhsh M, Salimi J, Zarei MR Geographic distribution of trauma hot spots in Tehran, Iran. Payesh. 2005; 2(4): 91-96.
23. Karbakhsh MD, Zargar M, Zarei MR, Khaji A. Pattern of interpersonal violence in six trauma centers in Tehran. Journal of Legal Medicine of Islamic Republic of Iran. 2004; 34(10): 96-100.
24. Laal M, Khodadadi F, Zarei MR. Renal trauma management in 8 cities of iran. Acta Medica Iranica. 2007; 47(1): 61-64.
25. Labaf A, Zarei MR, Jalili M, Talebian MT, Hoseyni HS, Mahmodi M. Evaluation of the modified acute physiology and chronic health evaluation scoring system for prediction of mortality in patients admitted to an emergency department. Hong Kong Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2017; 17: 464-470. doi: 10.1177/102490791001700506
26. Derakhshan N, Zarei MR, Malekmohammady Z, Rahimi-Movaghar V. Spinal cord injury in Parkour sport (free running): A rare case report. Chin J Traumatol. 2014; 17(3): 178-179. doi: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.1008-1275.2014.03.012
27. Zarei MR, Kourosh-Karimi Y, Mohammad-Reza R, Rahimi-Movaghar V. Modern concepts of transport in multiple trauma: A nar-rative review. Chin J Traumatol. 2013; 16(3): 169-175. doi: 10.3760/cma.j.issn.1008-1275.2013.03.008
28. Amirjamshidi A, Ardalan A, Nainei KH, Sadeghi S, Pahlevani M, Zarei MR. Comparison of standard and nonstandard helmets and variants influencing the choice of helmets: A preliminary report of cross-sectional prospective analysis of 100 cases. Surg Neurol Int. 2011; 2: 49. doi: 10.4103/2152-7806.79771
29. Zargar M, Motamedi SMRK, Karbakhsh M, et al. Trauma care system in Iran. Chin J Traumatol. 2011; 14(3): 131-136. Chin J Traumatol. 2011; 14(3): 131-136.
30. Allahdini F, Amirjamshidi A, Zarei MR, Abdollahi M. Evaluating the prognostic factors effective on the outcome of patients with glioblastomamultiformis: Does maximal resection of the tumor lengthen the median survival? World Neurosurg. 2010; 73(2): 128-134. doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2009.06.001
31. Nasiripour AA, Zarei Z, Zaheri MM, Zarei MR. Evaluating the effectiveness of applying three dimensions of clinical governance on hospitality performance: A quasi-experimental study. Qom Univ Med Sci J. 2015; 9(6): 46-52.
1. Salimi J, Zarei MR. Trauma hot spots in an urban area: Is it possible to determinant the geographic distribution of trauma? Paper presented at: The 2nd mediterranean emergency medicine congress; 2003; Sitges Barcelona, Spain.
2. Salimi J, Zarei MR. Suspicious vascular injuries in the trauma patients admitted to trauma referral hospital in Tehran : A review of 458 patients from a state vascular registry. Paper presented at: The 2nd mediterranean emergency medicine congress; 2003; Sitges Barcelona, Spain.
3. Godsi M, Zarei MR, Karbakhsh M. Road traffic accident injuries in Tehran: A review of 3842 Cases. Paper presented at: Chinal Medicine Congress; 2005.
4. Zarei MR. Epidemiologic study of genitourinary trauma in Iran: Results of a national project. Paper presented at: The 9th Iranian Urology Association Congress; 2015; Tehran, Iran.
5. Zarei MR. Evaluating geographical distribution pattern of traumas in Tehran leading to hospitalization. Paper presented at: Emergency medicine congress; 2005; Tehran, Iran.
6. Vascular injuries in Tehran: A review of 123 cases. Paper presented at: The 3rd Mediterranean emergency medicine congress; 2005; Niece, France.