Mohammad Reza Asadi Karam, PhD
Department of Molecular Biology
Pasteur Institute of Iran
No. 69 12th Farvardin St
East Pasteur Ave, Tehran, Iran
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
• (2006- 2012), PhD of Biological product (Medical Biotechnology), Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran
• (2001-2003), MSc of Medical Microbiology, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran
• (1999-2001), BSc of Laboratory Science, ShahidBeheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Tehran, Iran
• (1997-1999), Super Diploma of Laboratory Science, Kerman University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Kerman, Iran
• (2012-Present), Assistant professor at Pasteur Institute of Iran, Molecular Biology Department
His research interest includes: Vaccine design and vaccine researches in bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections and intestinal pathogens, Molecular epidemiology studies such as Phenotypic and Genotypic detection of bacterial infections and antibiotic resistance among bacterial infections.
HONOR AND AWARDS
• Awarded as the first rank in the entrance exam of Ph D course by Ministry of health and Medical education, 2006, Tehran, Iran
• Awarded as the first rank in the entrance exam of M.Sc course by ShahidBeheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Tehran, Iran
• Top graduation of PhD course, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran
• Top graduation of MSc course, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran
• Top graduation of Super Diploma course, Kerman University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Kerman, Iran
1. Raeisi J, Saifi M, Pourshafie MR, AsadiKaram MR, Mohajerani HR. Rapid detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates by turanose fermentation method. Jundishapur J Microbiol. 2015; 8(9): e21198. doi: 10.5812/jjm.21198
2. Tabasi M, Asadi Karam MR, Habibi M, Yekaninejad MS, Bouzari S.Phenotypic Assays to Determine Virulence Factors of Uropathogenic Escherichia coli (UPEC) Isolates and their Correlation with Antibiotic Resistance Pattern. Osong Public Health Res Perspect. 2015; 6(4): 261–268. doi: 10.1016/j.phrp.2015.08.002
3. Habibi M, AsadiKaram MR, Bouzari S. Insilico design of fusion protein of FimH from uropathogenic Escherichia coli and MrpH from Proteus mirabilis against urinary tract infections. Advanced biomedical research. 2015; 4:217. doi: 10.4103/2277-9175.166164
4. Habibi M, Asadi Karam MR, Shokrgozar MA, Oloomi M, Jafari A, Bouzari S.Intranasal immunization with fusion protein MrpH. FimH and MPL adjuvant confers protection against urinary tract infection caused by uropathogenic Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis. Molecular Immunology. 2015; 64: 285-294. doi: 10.1016/j.molimm.2014.12.008
5. Habibi M, Asadi Karam MR, Bouzari S. Evaluation of the effect of MPL and delivery route on immunogenicity and protectivity of different formulations of FimH and MrpH from uropathogenic Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis in a UTI mouse model. International Immunopharmacology. 2015; 28(1): 70-78. doi: 10.1016/j.intimp.2015.05.027
6. Asadi Karam MR, Oloomi M, Mahdavi M, Habibi M, Bouzari S.Vaccination with recombinant FimH fused with flagellin enhances cellular and humoral immunity against urinary tract infection in mice. Vaccine. 2013. 13:1210-1216. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2012.12.059
7. Karam MR, Oloomi M, Mahdavi M, Habibi M, Bouzari S. Assessment of immune responses of the flagellin (FliC) fused to FimHadhesin of Uropathogenic Escherichia coli. Molecular Immunology 2013; 54: 32-39. doi: 10.1016/j.molimm.2012.11.002
8. Habibi M, AsadiKaram MR, Bouzari S. Insilico Study of Toll-Like Receptor 4 Binding Site of FimH from Uropathogenic Escherichia coli. J Med MicrobiolInfec Dis. 2014; 1 (2): 36-40.
9. Asadi KM, Oloomi M, Habibi M, Bouzari S. Cloning of fimH and fliC and expression of the fusion protein FimH/FliC from Uropathogenic Escherichia coli (UPEC) isolated in Iran. Iranian Journal of Microbiology. 2012; 4(2): 55-62.
10. AsadiKaram MR, Bouzari S, Oloomi M, Aslani MM, Jafari A. Phenotypic and Genotypic characterization of Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli (EPEC) strains in Tehran, Iran. Iranian Journal of Microbiology. 2010; 2(1): 3-7.
11. Habibi M, Saderi H, Owlia P, AsadiKaram MR. Detection of Methicillin Resistance in Staphylococcus aureus by Disk Diffusion and PCR Methods. Iranian Journal of Pathology. 2008; 3(1): 11-14.