Mohamed Galal Elsheikh, MD
Assistant Professor of Urology, faculty of medicine, Cairo University
Urology Consultant at Cairo University hospitals
Urology Consultant at Nasser Institute, Egyptian Ministry of Health
Urology Consultant at Egyptian Radio and Television Union
Training Professor at Egyptian Urology Board
Current manager of Urology department, Cairo University
Al Kasr, Cairo Governorate 11562, Egypt
• MBBCh Cairo University (1998)
• MSc Urology (2002)
• MD Urology (2007)
• House officer at Kasr alaini Hospital, cairo university, (1999-2000)
• Urology resident Kasr alaini Hospital, cairo university, (2000-2003)
• Assistant lecturer of urology, Cairo university, (2003-2007)
• Lecturer of urology, Cairo university, (2007-2012)
• Assistant Professor of urology, Cairo University, (2012)
His research interest includes: Urethral reconstruction, Endo-Urology, Uro-Oncology, Female Urology, Pediatric Urology.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Certificate of Appreciation from the General Union of doctors for participating in the training program for doctors syndicate (2011)
• Certificate of appreciation from the Cairo University for participating in the international scientific publications (2010)
• Certificate of appreciation from the Cairo University for participating in the international scientific publications (2011)
• Member of the urology training committee for urology residents, Egyptian Ministry of health
• Member of the Egyptian Urological Association
• Member of the European association of Urology
1. El-Sheikh MG,. Impact of Inguinal Varicocele Ligation on Testicular Volume, Sperm Parameters, and Pregnancy Rates. UroToday International Journal. 2011; 4. br> 2. Fayad A, El-Sheikh MG, Abdelmohsen M, Abdelraouf H.Evaluation of Renal Function in Children Undergoing Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy. Journal of urology. 2010; 84: 1111-1115.
3. Fayad A, El-Sheikh MG, Abdelmohsen M, Abdelraouf H.The Effect of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy on the Growth of Kidneys of Children in Pediatric Age Group. Journal of urology. September 2012. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2010.05.016
4. Fayad AS, Sheikh MG, Zakaria T, Elfottoh HA, Alsergany R. Holmium laser enucleation versus bipolar resection of the prostate: A prospective randomized study. Which to choose?. Journal of Endourology. 2011; 25(8). doi: 10.1089/end.2011.0059
5. El-Sheikh MG, Ziada AM, Sadek SZ, Shoukry I.Pediatric and adolescent transperineal anastomotic urethroplasty. Journal of Pediatric Urology. 2008; 4(5): 333-336.. doi: 10.1016/j.jpurol.2008.04.008.
6. El-Sheikh MG. Polypropylene Mesh used as a pubovaginal sling in the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence –Preliminary Experience. African Journal of Urology. 2009; 15(1).
7. Mursia K, El-Sheikh MG, AbdelRaoufa H, Abou-Mohameda AA, Ramadanb Y, Lotfia A. Evaluating the Need for Transurethral Biopsy at First Follow up after Intravesical B.C.G. Therapy for Superficial Bladder Cancer: Preliminary Data. African Journal of Urology. 2012. doi: 10.1016/j.afju.2012.04.003
8. Elsheikh MG, Fayad A. A Two-Stage Buccal Mucosal Graft (BMG) for Managing Recurrent Proximal Penile Hypospadias in Pediatric & Adolescent Populations. Open Journal of Urology. 2011; 1: 4-7. doi: 10.4236/oju.2011.11002
9. Fayad AS, Elsheikh MG, Mosharafa A, et al. Effect of Multiple Access Tracts During Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy on Renal Function: Evaluation of Risk Factors for Renal Function Deterioration. Journal of endourology. 2014 ; 28(7): 775-779. doi: 10.1089/end.2013.0771
10. Elghamrawi H, Abdelraouf H, Elfayoumy H, Elsheikh MG, Shannan K, Salah M. Predictive factors of bladder outlet obstruction following the tension-free vaginal tape obturator (TVTO) procedure in females treated surgicallyfor stress urinary incontinence. African Journal of Urology. 2015. doi: 10.1016/j.afju.2015.03.005