Mehmet Oguzhan Ay, MD
Emergency Medicine Specialist
Department of Emergency Medicine
Adana Numune Education and Research Hospital
01240, Yuregir-Adana, Turkey
Dr. Ay is an emergency medicine specialist working in Adana Numune Education and Research Hospital, Department of Emergency Medicine, Adana, Turkey.
• 1997-2003 University of Selcuk School of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
• 2007-2011 Residency, University of Cukurova School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Adana, Turkey
• 2011-Present Emergeny Medicine Specialist, Adana Numune Education and Research Hospital, Department of Emergency Medicine, 01240, Adana, Turkey
His research interests include: Emergency Medicine, toxicology, ultrasonography, resuscitation, critical care medicine.
Best Poster Presentations, 2nd Place in 18th World Congress on Disaster and Emergency Medicine, Manchester, 2013 [Citilcioglu, S., A. Sebe, M.O. Ay (presenter), F. Icme, A. Avci, M. Gulen, M. Sahan, S. Satar, “Detection of relationship between inferior vena cava diameter measured by bedside ultrasonography and central venous pressure value”, Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, Volume 28, Supplement 1, ID 192]
1. Ay MO, Sebe A, Kozaci N, et al. Comparison of the Analgesic Efficacy of Dexketoprofen Trometamol and Meperidine HCl in the Relief of Renal Colic. Am J Ther. 2014; 21(4): 296-303. doi: 10.1097/MJT.0b013e318274db78
2. Yilmaz M, Sebe A, Ay MO, et al. Effectiveness of therapeutic plasma exchange in patients with intermediate syndrome due to organophosphate intoxication. Am J Emerg Med. 2013; 31(6): 953-957. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2013.03.016
3. Sahan M, Sebe A, Acikalin A, et al. Acute-phase reactants and cytokines in ischemic stroke: do they have any relationship with short-term mortality? Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013; 17(20): 2773-7. doi:
4. Satar S, Akpinar O, Acikalın A, et al. S-100B levels in Stroke Patients: Is it useful for showing short term Mortality? Neurosurgery Quarterly. 2014; 24(1): 87-90.
5. Citilcioglu S, Sebe A, Ay MO, et al. The relationship between inferior vena cava diameter measured by bedside ultrasonography and central venous pressure value. Pak J Med Sci. 2014; 30(2): 310-315.
6. Icme F, Kozaci N, Ay MO, et al. The Relationship Between Blood lactate, Carboxy-Hemoglobin and Clinical Status in CO Poisoning. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2014; 18(3): 393-397.
7. Gumusay U, Sebe A, Satar DA, Ay MO, Yilmaz M, Mete UO. Effects of antidotal therapy on testis tissue in organophosphate poisoning. Acta Medica Mediterranea. 2014; 30(2): 435-439.
8. Kozaci N, Ay MO, Cetunkunar S,et al. The relationship between nonspesific inflammation markers and computerized tomography imaging in non-traumatic acute abdomen. Acta Medica Mediterranea. 2014; 30(2): 447-452.
9. İçme F, Doğan NO, Yüzbaşıoğlu Y, Sarıkaya P, Ay MO, Gülen M. Prognostic relationship between complete blood count parameters and transient ischemic attack, ischemic stroke and hemorrhagic stroke. Turkish Journal of Geriatrics. 2014; 17(1): 23-28.
10. Kozaci N, Gungor F, Ay MO, Beydilli I, Bozdemir N, Akyol C. Can venous blood gas values be used instead of doi: arterial blood gas values in respiratory alkalosis? Turk J Biochem. 2014; 40(1): 19-24.
11. Kosenli O, Satar S, Ay MO, et al. Analysis of pharmaceutical poisonings in adults occurred in adana region of turkey in north eastern Mediterranean. Acta Medica Mediterranea. 2014; 30(3): 585-589.
12. Sebe A, Yilmaz HL, Koseoglu Z, Ay MO, Gulen M. Comparison of midazolam and propofol for sedation in diagnostic imaging studies. Postgraduate Medicine. 2014; 126(3): 225-230. doi: 10.3810/pgm.2014.05.2770.
13. Kozaci N, Ay MO, Akcimen M, et al. Evaluation of the effectiveness of bedside point-of-care ultrasound in the diagnosis and management of distal radius fractures. Am J Emerg Med. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2014.10.022
14. Gulen M, Ay MO, Avci A, Acikalin A, Icme F. Levofloxacin Induced Hepatotoxicity and Death. Am J Ther. doi: 10.1097/MJT.0b013e3182a44055
15. Satar S, Acikalin A, Gulen M, et al. Gumusay, An Unusual Cause of Unintentional Poisoning: Gliphosate. HealthMED. 2013; 7(6), 1895-1899.