Manisha Kumar, MBBS, MS
Department of Urology and Andrology
Lady Hardinge Medical College
New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
• MBBS: Nalanda Medical College, Patna, (1994)
• MS: Patna Medical College, Patna, (1998)
• Senior resident, Safdarjung hospital, Delhi, (2000-2003)
• Senior resident, SGPGI, Lucknow (Genetics), (2003-2005)
• Specialist in Municipal Corporation of Delhi, BalakRam hospital, (2005-2007)
• Asst Professor (OBGYN) at Lady Hardinge Medical College, (2007- 2009)
• Associate Professor at Lady Hardinge Medical College (2009- 2013)
• Professor at Lady Hardinge Medical College(2013-Present)
Her research interest includes: Fetal medicine and genetic counseling, SGPGI- 2 years.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• National talent search examination (NTSE) scholarship by NCERT, (1986)
• FOGSI USV genetic and fetal medicine award by FOGSI, (2011)
• Fellowship training in fetal medicine, at AIIMS- (March 2010- April 2010)
• Awarded best paper for oral presentation in RCOG north Zone conference at Apollo Hospital, (2010) New Delhi
• Corion award for year 2013 by FOGSI for best research paper in Obstetrics and Gynecologytittled Post natal outcome of congenital anomalies in Low resource setting Award was presented at AICOG, Patna 2014. Afterdeliberation
1. Gupta N, Pradhan M, Manisha, Singh R, Phadke SR. Prenatally diagnosed trisomy 6 mosacism. Prenatal Diagnosis. . 2004; 24: 841- 843.
2. Pradhan M, Singh R, Manisha, Agrawal S.Shortcomings of Prenatal Diagnostic Techniques Act, 1994. The national Medical journal of India. . 2004; 17(6): 342.
3. Pradhan M, Manisha, Singh R, Kapoor A. Amiodarone in treatment of fetal supraventricular tachycardia: a case report and review of literature. Fetal diagnosis and therapy. . 2006; 21(1): 72-76
4. Shubha R, Phadke, Manisha. Further delineation of Acro-renal-mandibular syndrome. Clinical Dysmorphology. 2006; 15(2): 119-120.
5. Mandakini P, Ashwin D, Manisha R, et al.Urorectalseptal malformationpresenting as non immunehydropsfetalis. Prenatal Diag. 2006; 26 (6): 582-584.
6. Pradhan M, Manisha, Shanker H. Short Humerus: an additional antenatal sonographic feature of OFDS type II. Journal of clinical USG. . 2007; 35(7): 390-394.
7. Pradhan M, Manisha, Renu Singh, SadhanaDhingra. Celiac disease: a rare cause of primary amenorrhea. Journal of reproductive medicine. . 2007: 52(5) 453-455.
8. Pradhan M, Dalal A, Kapoor A, Kumar S, Manisha. Fetal left ventricular diverticulum presenting as dysrhythmia: diagnosis and management. Fetal Diagnosis and therapy. . 2008; 23(1):10-4.
9. Kumar M, Meena J, Sharma S, et al. Contraceptive use among low-income urban married women in India. J Sex Med. . 2011; 8(2): 376-382 . doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2010.02047.x.
10. Kumar M, Sharma S, Bhagat M, Gupta U, Anand R, Puri A, Singh A, Singh A. Postnatal outcome of congenital anomalies in low resource setting. PrenatDiagn. 2013; 33(10): 983. doi: 10.1002/pd.4179
11. Nigam A, Manisha K, Gulati S. Fetal ascites and hydrometrocolpos due to persistent urogenital sinus and cloaca: a rare congenital anomaly and review of literature. BMJ Case Rep. . 2014; 2014. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2013-202231
12. Goyal S, Puri A, Mishra K, Aggarwal SK, Kumar Manisha, Sonaker P. Endodermal sinus tumor of vagina posing a diagnostic challenge and managed by chemotherapy and novel posterior sagittal surgical approach: Lessons learned. J ObstetGynaecol Res. . 2014; 40(2): 632-636. doi: 10.1111/jog.12182
13. Manisha K, Singh A, Gupta U, Anand R, Thakur S. Relevance of labor room fetal autopsy in increasing its acceptance. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. . 2014; 1-6. doi: 10.3109/14767058.2014.916681
14. Kumar M, Thakur S, Puri A, et al. Fetal renal anomaly: factors that predict survival. J Pediatr Urol. 2014; 10(6): 1001-1007. doi: 10.1016/j.jpurol.2014.11.007
1. Rupali D, Shiwani A, Manisha K, Bharti M, Saumendra SK. Non – Decent vaginal hysterectomy – An Experience J ObstetGynecolInd. . 2004; 54(4): 376-378.
2. Manisha K, Phadke SR. Prenatal diagnosis of mosaic trisomy 22 in second trimester – A case report. Perinatology. 2005; 7(2):104-105.
3. Bharti M, Saxena P, Manjula S, Manisha. A rare case of persistant ectopic pregnancy. Journal of obstetrics and gynecology of India. 2006; 56(1).
4. Manisha K, JyotiMeena, Usha Gupta. Does expectant management have role in improving the perinatal outcome in severe preeclampsia. Indian journal of maternal and child health. 2011; 6:13(1): 1-10.
5. Singh A, Kumar M, Sharma S. Iatrogenic urethrovaginal fistula with transverse vaginal septum presenting as cyclical hematuria. Indian J Urol. 2011; 27(4): 547-549. doi: 10.4103/0970-1591.91451
6. Kumar M, Meena J, Gupta U, Singh A, Jain N. Management of early onset severe preeclampsia in a tertiary hospital in India: does expectant management alter perinatal outcome?. Indian J Med Sci. 2011; 65(12): 535-542. doi: 10.4103/0019-5359.109903
7. Manisha, Meena J, Singh A, Singh A. A rare case of vaginal delivery after uterine rupture. J ObstetGynaecol India. 2012; 62(5): 566-567. doi: 10.1007/s13224-012-0124-1
8. Kumar M, Jyoti M, Aruna P, Poddar A, Dhariwal V, Shailendra K. Unintended pregnancy among low income urban married women in India. J ObstetGynaecol India. 2012 Feb;62(1):52. doi: 10.1007/s13224-012-0157-5
9. Kumar M, Gupta U, Thakur S, et al. Prenatalsonographic evaluation and postnatal outcome of renal anomalies. Indian J Hum Genet. 2012; 18(1): 75-82. doi: 10.4103/0971-6866.96656