M. Romesh Singh, MA, MPhil, PhD
Department of Anthropology
School of Social Sciences
University of Hyderabad
Hyderabad, Telangana 500046, India
Dr. Singh is an Associate Professor in the Department of Anthropology, University of Hyderabad. He did MA, MPhil and PhD in the same University. He is specialized in Business Anthropology and development anthropology. He has carried out his major fieldwork in tribal areas of Manipur and Andhra Pradesh. Besides, He also gained research experience in organization behavior and corporate culture studies. He has done intensive field studies in corporate and public sector organizations. He has contributed various articles and book reviews in reputed journals and presented papers in seminars. He is authored of a book entitled Tribal Development in the Twenty First Century: An Experience from Manipur and Co-Editor of a book Development Initiatives in India. Before joining in the university, he worked as Faculty in the reputed organizations like Cosmode Management Research Centre, Hyderabad and Council for Social Development, Southern Regional Centre, Hyderabad (ICSSR institute). He has been actively involved in various research and consultancy assignments over the years. He was recipient of UGC-Research Award (2012-2014).
His research interest includes: Field of business anthropology and he has been teaching business anthropology in the Department for the last five years.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Merit Scholarship for Intermediate academic performance by the Govt. of Manipur (Higher Education Department)
• Merit Scholarship for BSc academic Performance by the Govt. of Manipur (Higher Education Department)
• Merit Scholarship during MA, provided by University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
• Doctoral Fellowship Award, provided by Ministry of Tribal Affairs, New Delhi, Government of India
• UGC Research Awardee for two year (2011-2014)
1. Singh MR. NGOs Activities in Tribal Areas of Manipur: A Case Study, in Vanyajati. Quarterly Journal. 2004.
2. Singh MR. Socio-Economic Impact of Religious Conversion: A Study from Manipur Village, in Oriental. Anthropologist. 2004; 4(2).
3. Singh MR. Tribal Development in Manipur: Problems and Prospects. Journal of Rural Development. 2004; 23(4).
4. Singh MR. Christianity and Cultural Change: Vestiges from a Tribal Village of Manipur, in Vanyajati. Quarterly Journal. 2004.
5. Singh MR. Tribal Development Policy in Manipur: Relevance and Implications. Indian Journal of Millennium development studies. 2006; 2(2).
6. Singh MR. Insurgency in Manipur: Problems and Prospects in South Asian Politics. 2006; 5(6).
7. Singh MR. Cultural Contours of High Performing Organisations: Search for Indian Cultural Paradigm. Journal of Institute of Public Enterprise. 2007; 30.
8. Singh MR. Combating HIV/AIDS in Manipur: Encountering the Current Trend.Indian Journal of Social Development. 2007; 7(2).
9. Singh MR. Tribal Development programmes in Manipur: A Case study. In: Rao V, ed. Rural development Strategies and Roles of Institutions. The Associate publisher. Ambala Cant. 2007.
10. Singh MR. Reflection on Tribal Development Programmes in Manipur. In: Reddy N, Raj S, Singh R, eds. entitled Development Initiatives in India by 2007.
11. Singh MR. Search for Cultural Paradigm of High Performing Organizations: An Ethnographic Study from India Context. International Journal of Business Anthropology. 2012; 4.
12. Singh MR. Impact of Insurgency on People of Manipur: A Holistic Understanding in Journal of North East Studies. 2015; 5(1): 30e-38e.
13. Singh MR. Mining and Its Impact on tribals in India: Socio-economic and environmental risks in Singh MR. International journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research. 2015; 3(2): 429-439.
14. Singh MR. Understanding the linkages between Organizational Culture and Performance: An Ethnographic study in Hyderabad, India. International Journal of Research in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management. 2015; 3(2): 90-107.