Linu Sara George, PhD
Professor and HOD
Department of Fundamentals of Nursing
Manipal College of Nursing Manipal
Manipal, Karnataka 576104, India
Dr. George is a Professor and Head, Department of Fundamentals of Nursing, Manipal University, Manipal has done her BSc Nursing, MSc Nursing and PhD from Manipal University, Manipal. She has also done MS in Counseling and Psychotherapy. During her career, she had guided many postgraduate and undergraduate students in their research projects. She has received awards for Best Paper and Best Poster in the National and International Conferences. She has also received the Best Teacher Award in the para clinical category at Manipal College of Nursing, Manipalin the academic year 2005-06 .She is actively involved in student counseling.
Her research interests include: Bipolar disorder, Psychosocial aspects, Education, Counseling, Emotional intelligence, Psycho education.
• Secretary of Institutional Research Committee
• Member of Institutional Research Committee
1. George LS, Bhaduri A. Study on self concept and bio psycho social variables among patients with breast cancer. Indian Journal of Continuing Nursing Education. 2004.
2. Mathew MA, George LS, Nandakumar P. Comparative study on stress, coping strategies and quality of life of institutionalized and non-institutionalized elderly in Kottayam District, Kerala. Indian Journal of Gerontology. 2009; 23(1): 79-87.
3. Jose TT, George LS, Sudhakar C, et al. Effectiveness of self Instructional module for teachers in management of behavioral problems in school children. Journal of Trained Nurses Association. 2008; 3(3): 24-28.
4. Jincy J, Linu SG, Binil V. Effectiveness of an informational booklet on care of attempted suicide patients. International Journal of Nursing Education. 2011; 3(1): 71-73.
5. Siji VM, Tessy TJ, Linu SG. Perceived Bio-psychosocial problems and coping strategies adopted by the post menopausal women among the age group of 45-55 years. International Journal of Nursing Education. 2011; 3 (2): 118-120.
6. Jancy AJ, Linu SG, Sweety F. Learning needs of women on preconception care-A strategy to develop an informational booklet. The Nurse. 2012; 4(4): 1-4
7. Manjushambika R, Sanchitha SP, Linu SG. A study on effectiveness of meditation on subjective wellbeing, anxiety and study habits of undergraduate nursing students. International Journal of Nursing Education. 2012; 4(2): 137-140.
8. Jacob JM, George LS, Savitha. Well being status among fishermen in Udupi District, Karnataka. The Nurse. 2012; 4(6): 4-6.
9. Rani I, Sudhaker C, George LS. Barriers and Facilitators of Nursing Research utilization among nurses and administrators after a sensitization program in selected hospitals of New Delhi- towards developing a research utilization model. RGUHS J Nursing Sciences. 2012; 5-9.
10. George LS, Nayak AK. Nursing aspects in care of patients with dementia. NITTE University Journal of Health Science. 2013; 3(2): 86-90.
11. George LS, Sharma PSVN, Nair S. Effect of psycho-educative intervention on adherence to treatment ,knowledge and attitude among persons with bipolar affective disorder-a randomized controlled study. IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science. 2013; 12-17.
12. Sulochana B, Kurien A, Suvarna N, George LS. Assessment of Knowledge, physical health, social support and self esteem among persons with Haemophilia. International Journal of Nursing Education. 2013; 218-221.
13. Jacob JM, George LS, Savitha. Job stress and coping among Fishermen. NITTE University Journal of Health Science. 2013; 93-96.
14. Divya KY, George LS, Chakrabarthy J. Career preferences of preregistration nursing students: Exploratory survey. International Journal of Nursing Education. 2014; 78-82. doi: 10.5958/0974-9357.2014.00608.4
15. Mhalkar V, George LS, Nayak A. Relationship between emotional intelligence and coping strategies among Baccalaureate nursing students: An evaluative study. Indian Journal of Health and Wellbeing. 2014; 1291-1295.
16. Nayak SG, Pai MS, George LS. Self concept of head and neck cancer patients-Asystematic review of qualitative studies. International Journal of Scientific Research. 2015; 51-53.
17. George LS, PSVN Sharma and Nair S. Effect of psycho-education on quality of life and disability among persons with bipolar disorder-Randomized controlled study. Indian Journal of Health and Wellbeing. 2015; 6(5): 462-466.
18. Anand DN, George LS, Raj A. Effectiveness of Yoganidra on quality of sleep among cancer patients. Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health sciences. 2015; 30-33.
19. George LS, PSVN Sharma, Nair S. Effect of psycho-education on knowledge, attitude and burden among caregivers of persons with bipolar disorder-Randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Advanced Research. 2015; 199-207.
20. Nayak SG, Pai MS, George LS. Self concept of head and neck cancer patients-A systematic review of qualitative studies. International Journal of Advanced Research. 2015; 51-53.
21. Ramesh C, Nayak BS, Pai VB, Patil NT, George A, George LS, Devi ES. Complementatry therapies for patients undergoing cardiac surgery–an evidence based literature review. Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences. 2015; 112-117.
22. Ramesh C, Pai VB, Patil NT, Nayak BS, George A, George LS, Devi ES. Effectiveness of massage therapy on post-operative outcomes among patients undergoing cardiac surgery: A systematic review. International Journal of Nursing Sciences. 2015; 304-312.
23. Soumya S, George LS, Roach EJ, Noronha JA. Lived experiences of cerebrovascula accident (CVA) Patients from selected Physiotherapy units of Calicut, Kerala. International Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2016; 8(2).