Limei Liu, PhD
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology
Peking University Health Science Center
Beijing 100191, China
Dr. Liu was born in Province Heilongjiang, China. She finished her Master degree in Harbin Medical University, China in 2003 and then joined Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, China. In 2011, she received her PhD degree in Chinese University of Hong Kong, China.
Her research interests include: Endothelial Dysfunction, and Novel Biomarkers in Diabetes, Hypertension, and Obesity, Endothelium-derived Contracting Factors in the Regulation of Vascular Tone, Pharmacological Characterization of New Anti-diabetic and Anti-hypertensive Drugs.
• Chinese Association of Patho physiology
• The Chinese Physiological Society
• International Society of Cardiology Chinese branch
• The Asian Society for Vascular Biology
• The Chinese University of Hong Kong Institute of Vascular Medicine
• Hong Kong Pharmacology Society
1. Liu L, Liu J, Tian XY, Wong WT, et al. Uncoupling protein-2 mediates DPP-4 inhibitor-induced restoration of endothelial function in hypertension through reducing oxidative stress. Antioxid Redox Sign. 2014; 21: 1571-1581. doi: 10.1089/ars.2013.5519
2. Liu L, Liu J, Gao Y, Yu X, Xu G, Huang Y. Uncoupling protein-2 mediates the protective action of berberine against oxidative 1 stress in rat insulinoma INS-1E cells and in diabetic mouse islets. Br J Pharmacol. 2014; 171: 3246-3254. doi: 10.1111/bph.12666
3. Liu L, Liu J, Gao Y, Yu X, Dou D, Huang Y. Protein kinase Cδ contributes to phenylephrine-mediated contraction in the aortae of high fat diet-induced obese mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014; 446: 1179-1183. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2014.03.065
4. Zhang X, Liu L. The protective effects of uncouping protein 2 on vascular endothelial function . Progress in Physiological Sciences. 2014; 45: 133-136.
5. Liu L, Liu J, Wong WT, Tian XY, et al. Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 Inhibitor Sitagliptin Protects Endothelial Function in Hypertension Through a Glucagon-Like Peptide 1-Dependent Mechanism. Hypertension. 2012; 60: 833-841. doi: 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.112.195115
6. Hao HF, Liu LM, Liu YY,et al. Inhibitory Effect of rhynchophylline on contraction of cerebral arterioles to endothelin 1: role of rho kinase. J Ethno pharmacol. 2014; 155:147-153. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2014.04.050.
7. Chen Z, Zhang X, Ying L, et al. Cyclic IMP-synthesized by sGC as a mediator of hypoxic contraction of coronary arteries. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014; 307:H328-336. doi: 10.1152/ajpheart.00132.2014
8. Liu J, Liu H, Li Y, et al. Cross regulation between cGMP-dependent protein kinase and Akt in vasodilatation of porcine pulmonary artery. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. doi: 10.1097/FJC.0000000000000137
9. Liu H, Chen Z, Liu J, Liu L, Gao Y, Dou D. Endothelium-independent hypoxic contraction of porcine coronary arteries may be mediated by activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway. Vasc Pharmacol. 2014; 61: 56-62. doi: 10.1097/FJC.0000000000000137
10. Liu J, Chen Z, Ye L, et al. Preservation of nitric oxide-induced relaxation of porcine coronary artery: roles of the dimers of soluble guanylyl cyclase, phosphodiesterase type 5, and cGMP-dependent protein kinase. Pflügers Arch Eur J Physiol. 2014; 466: 1999-2008. doi: 10.1007/s00424-014-1441-2.
11. Xu X, Wang S, Liu J,et al. Hypoxia induces downregulation of soluble guanylyl cyclase β1 by miR-34c-5p. J Cell Sci. 2012; 125: 6117-6126. doi: 10.1242/jcs.113381
12. Chen L, Miao Y, Zhang Y, et al. Inactivation of the E-Prostanoid 3 Receptor Attenuates the Angiotensin II Pressor Response via Decreasing Arterial Contractility. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012; 32: 3024-3032. doi: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.112.254052
13. Tian XY, Wong WT, Wang N, et al. PPARδ Activation Protects Endothelial Function in Diabetic Mice. Diabetes. 2012; 61: 1-9. doi: 10.2337/db12-0117
14. Tian XY, Yung LH, Wong WT, et al. Bone Morphogenic Protein-4 induces Endothelial Cell Apoptosis through Oxidative Stress-dependent p38MAPK and JNK pathway. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2012; 52: 237-244. doi: 10.1016/j.yjmcc.2011.10.013
15. Tian XY, Wong WT, Xu A, et al. Rosuvastatin Improves Endothelial Function of db/db Mice: Role of Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptors and Oxidative Stress. Br J Pharmacol. 2011; 12: 598-606. doi: 10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01416.x
16. Wong WT, Tian XY, Chen Y, et al. Bone Morphogenic Protein-4 Impairs Endothelial Function Through Oxidative Stress-Dependent Cyclooxygenase-2 Upregulation: Implications on Hypertension. Circ Res. 2010; 107: 984-991. doi: 10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.110.222794
17. Dou D, Zheng X, Qin X, et al. Role of PKG in development of nitroglycerin tolerance of porcine coronary arteries. Br J Pharmacol. 2008; 153: 497-507. doi: 10.1038/sj.bjp.0707600
18. Li L, Wu L, Wang C, Liu L, Zhao Y. Adiponectin modulates carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 through AMPK signaling cascade in rat cardiomyocytes. Regul Pept. 2007; 139: 72-79. doi: 10.1016/j.regpep.2006.10.007
19. Zhao Y, Liu J, Li L, Liu L, Wu L. Role of Ras/PKCζ/MEK/ERK1/2 signaling pathway in angiotensin II-induced vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation. Regul Pept. 2005; 128: 43-50. doi: 10.1016/j.regpep.2004.12.012
20. Zhao Y, Zhang Z, Liu j, Li L, Liu L, Wu L. Interaction of PKCζ and Raf in the activation of ERK1/2 in rat smooth muscle cells induced by Ang.Chinese Journal of Pathophysiology. 2007; 23: 35-39.
21. Liu L, Fu G. Study on mechanism of arsenic trioxide treatment to leukemia. China Journal of Modern Medicine. 2005; 15: 2117-2120.
22. Liu L, Zhao Y, Li L, Wu L. The signaling pathway of adiponectin (Review). Progress in Physiological Sciences. 2005; 36: 130-132.
23. Liu L, Fu G, Wang T, Jiang X, Guo Z, Shi C. The effect of Lys892 Phe895 of C-terminal domain on the anion transport of band 3 transmembrane domain. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics. 2003; 30: 245-250.
24. Liu L, Wang T, Jiang X, Shi C, Guo Z, Fu G. Effect of arsenic trioxide on apoptosis of K562 cells which expressed band 3 membrane domain. Journal of Harbin Medical University. 2003; 37: 98-101.
25. Sun Y, Wang T, Liu L, et al. Interaction between band 3 c-end and glycophorin A in mammalian cells. Journal of Harbin Medical University. 2003; 37: 95-97.
26. Wang T, Liu L, Jiang X, Shi C, Guo Z, Fu G. Identification of the ineraction sites between 132 amino acids of AE1-C-end and glycophorion A. Journal of Harbin Medical University. 2003; 37: 185-188.
27. Fu G, Du H, Li H, Liu L, Yang B, Wang T. Expression and characterization of the Anion Exchanger1(AE1) 55KD transmembrane region and glycophorin A. Progress in Natural Science. 2002; 12: 1-5.
28. Huang L, Wang T, Liu L, Jiang X, Fu G. The construction of anion exchange 1 C-terminal expression plasmid with Asp896 Val911deletion. Journal of Harbin Medical University. 2002; 36: 180-182.