Lidong Zhao, MD
Department of Otolaryngology
Institute of Otolaryngology, Chinese PLA General
Hospital, Beijing, China and
Visiting Research Fellow
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Creighton U. School of Medicine
2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68102, USA
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
• (1990-1995) Studied in Tianjin Medical University, Department of Clinical Medicine, Bachelors degree of Medicine
• (1995-1999) Worked as a Resident doctor in the Department of Otolaryngology in the third hospital affiliated to the Tianjin Medical University
• (1999-2005) Worked in PLA Medical Postgraduate School, got Masters and Doctors degree of Medicine
• (2005-2008) post doctor in the State Key Lab of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechique, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Science
• (2008- Present) associate professor in the institute of Otolaryngology in the Chinese PLA General Hospital, working on a project about the stem cell therapy of auditory neuropathy
• (2013-2015) Visiting Scholar at Hair cell Biophysics Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
His research interest includes: The mechanism and treatment of hearing loss, tinnitus.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• State Science and Technology Prize, 2nd Class, 2015
• State Science and Technology Prizes, 2nd Class, 2008
• Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation of the PLA, 2007
• Chinese Academy of Sciences KC Wong Post-Doctoral Fellowships, 2006
• Member of International Association of Physicians in Auditory
• Member of Chinese Medical Association
• Member of Association for Research in Otolaryngology
1. Guo WW, Yi HJ, Ren LL, et al. The Morphology and Electrophysiology of the Cochlea of the Miniature Pig. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2014. doi: 10.1002/ar.23095.
2. Zhao LD, Li L, Sun JH, Guo WW, Liu HZ, Yang SM. Migration and differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells transplanted into mature cochlear of rats with aminoglycoside-induced hearing loss. Acta Otolaryngologica. 2013; 133: 136-143. doi: : 10.3109/00016489.2012.720029
3. Chen LW, Wang JL, Zhang LY, et al. Establishment of an animal model of spontaneous cervical lymph node metastasis of laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma and obtaining laryngocarcinoma cells with high metastatic potential. Neoplasma. 2013; 60(5): 504-510. doi: 10.4149/neo_2013_065.
4. Yi HJ, Zhao LD, Guo W, et al. The diagnosis and surgical treatment of occult otogenic CSF leakage. Acta Oto-laryngologica. 2012; 133: 130-135. doi: 10.3109/00016489.2012.727468
5. Zhao LD, Guo WW, Lin C, et al. Effects of DAPT and Atoh1 overexpression on hair cell production and hair bundle orientation in cultured organ of Corti from neonatal rats. PLoS ONE. 2011; 6(10): e23729. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0023729.
6. Qin H, Zhao LD, Sun JH, et al. The differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells into inner ear hair cell-like cells in vitro. Acta Otolaryngologica. 2011; 131: 1136-1141. doi: 10.3109/00016489.2011.603135.
7. Li XQ, Yu N, Sun JH, Zhao LD. Prophylactic effect of Ca2+-deficient artificial perilymph perfusion on noise induced hearing loss. Chinese Medical Journal. 2003; 116:440-443.
8. Young WY, Zhao LD, Yaping Qian, et al. Variants in mitochondrial tRNAGlu, tRNAArg, and tRNAThr may influence the phenotypic manifestation of deafness-associated 12S rRNA A1555G mutation in three Han Chinese Families with hearing loss. Am J Med Genetics. 2006; 140A: 2188–2197.
9. Wang QJ, Li QZ, Han DY, et al. Clinical and molecular analysis of a four-generation Chinese family with aminoglycoside-induced and nonsyndromic hearing loss associated with the mitochondrial 12S rRNA C1494T mutation. Biochem Biophys Res Com. 2006; 340: 583–588.
10. Zhao LD, Wang QJ, Qian Y, et al. Clinical evaluation and mitochondrial DNA sequence analysis in two Chinese families with aminoglycoside-induced and non-syndromic hearing loss. Biochem Biophys Res Com. 336: 967–973.
11. Zhao LD, Young WY, Li RH, Wang QJ, Qian Y, Guan MX. Clinical evaluation and sequence analysis of the complete mitochondrial genome of three Chinese patients with hearing impairment associated with the 12S rRNA T1095C mutation. Biochem Biophys Res Com. 2004; 325:1503–1508.