Kevin Peter Shotliff, FRCP (UK), MD, DCH
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital;
Honorary Senior Lecturer
Imperial College London
Chelsea, London, UK
• (1982-1987) St. Georges Hospital Medical School, London
• (July 1987) MBBS, University of London
• (November 1989) Diploma of Child Health (DCH)
• (July 1991) Membership of the Royall College of Physicians MRCP (UK)
• (May 2002) Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (London)
• (May 1996) Degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD)
• (May 1997) Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training
• (September 2001) Certificate of Teaching (South West Thames Deanery)
• (31 March 2003-Present) Consultant Physician (General Internal Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology) Chelsea and Westminster Hospital 369 Fulham Road, London, SW10 9NH, UK
• (February 2004-Present) Honorary Consultant Endocrinologist, Royal Brampton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
• (August 2009-Present) Honorary Consultant Endocrinologist, Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London, UK
• (June 2008-Present) Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College, London, UK
His research interests include: Diabetic retinopathy, Cystic fibrosis related diabetes and obesity, and helped set up the Specialist weight management service/community obesity service for Central London Community Healthcare.
• Council member for BARS from (2006-2010)
1. Bowness P, Shotliff K, Middlemass A, Myles AB. Prevalence of hypothyroidism in patients with polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis. British Journal of Rheumatology. 1991; 30: 349-351. doi:10.1093/rheumatology/30.5.349
2. Shotliff K, Prasad A. Random blood glucose estimations on admission as a screening test for diabetes in an elderly population. Practical Diabetes. 1993; 10(5): 186-187. doi:10.1002/pdi.1960100509
3. Smith EM, Ames DE, Liddle BJ, et al. Decisions on resuscitation status of the elderly. British Journal of Clinical Practice. 1993; 47(6): 287-288.
4. Shotliff K, Mukherjee D. The use of thyroid function tests in the screening of acute geriatric admissions. Care of the Elderly. 1994; 6(9): 344-345.
5. Shotliff K, Blight A, Mukherjee D. Incorrect diagnosis of thyroid disease by junior doctors. British Journal of Clinical Practice. 1996; 50(2): 76-78.
6. Shotliff K, Blight A, Patel S. Diabetes mellitus: An underdiagnosed condition? Practical Diabetes. 1996; 13(5): 148-149. doi:10.1002/pdi.1960130505
7. Shotliff K, Ferrar M. Screening for hypercholesterolaemia after myocardial infarction. The British Journal of Cardiology. 1998; 5(3): 166-167.
8. Shotliff K, Kaushall R, Dove D, Nussey SS. Withholding thrombolysis in patients with diabetes mellitus and acute myocardial infarction. Diabetic Medicine. 1998; 15(12): 1028-1030. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1096-9136(1998120)15:12<1028::AID-DIA713>3.0.CO;2-S
9. Haq M, Day A, Shotliff K. Screening for diabetes in the elderly. Diabetes Today. 2003; 6(3): 66-67.
10. Pauli R, Huber JW, Duncan G, Shotliff KP. Training evaluation of a course in diabetic retinopathy screening. European Diabetes Nursing. 2005; 2(2). doi:10.1002/edn.21
11. Martineau M, Campbell R, Williamson P, Shotliff K. Mistaken beliefs about withholding thrombolysis for patients with diabetes mellitus and an acute myocardial infarction. Practical Diabetes International. 2007; 24(5): 236-238. doi:10.1002/pdi.1107
12. Shotliff K, Lodge F, Zalin B, Meridith E. In patient Diabetes Management: Education of junior doctors and nurses. Practical Diabetes International. 2008; 25(8): 311.
13. Shotliff K, Duncan G, Dewhirst R, et al. British Association of Retinal Screener (BARS) survey of workload in UK diabetic retinal screening programmes. Practical Diabetes International. 2010; 27(4): 152-154.
14. Vaughan L, Shotliff M, Zalin B, Duncan G, Shotliff K. Recognition of diabetic retinopathy in retinal photographs can be improved with a basic education programme. Practical Diabetes International. 2010; 27(5): 189-192. doi:10.1002/pdi.1479
15. Balasanthiran A, Zalin B, Shotliff K, Baker EH. Hyperglycaemia in the acute setting. Clinical Medicine (Journal of the Royal College of Physicians). 2012; 12(3): 272-275. doi:10.7861/clinmedicine.12-3-272
16. Webster S, Shotliff K, Burton L. The Graduate as Scientist and Scholar: Building a Curriculum Suitable for all. The Journal of the International Association of Medical Science Educators. 2012; 22(35): 185-189.
17. Webster S, Shotliff K, Sharma U, Bell D. Doctors on Television: Analysis of Doctors working experiences during filming of a documentary in the work place. British Medical Journal. 2012; 345: e8320. doi:10.1136/bmj.e8220
18. Balasanthiran A, Papoutis C, Shotliff K, et al. The power of information for diabetes research and self care patient views in North West London. Diabetic Medicine. 2013; 30: 126.
19. Zalin A, Papoutsi C, Shotliff K, Majeed A, Marston C, Reed J. The use of information for diabetes research and care: Patient views in West London. Practical Diabetes International. 2016; 33(3): 81-86. doi:10.1002/pdi.2008