Jonathan David Krant, MD, FACP
Section Chief of Rheumatology
Marietta Health Systems
Marietta, Ohio, USA
Dr. Krant is a section chief of rheumatology for Marietta Health Systems and director of clinical research. He also served as professor of medicine at Ohio University. He is trained in Internal Medicine at Dartmouth and was a rheumatology fellow at UCSF; with subsequent academic appointments at the University of Massachusetts and University of Vermont.
His research interests include: Monoclonal antibody biology, autoimmune disease and vasculitis.
1. Krant JD, Yazici Y, Gibofsky A. Biosimilars in rheumatology. Rheumatology Advisor (online). December 2017.
2. Krant JD. Idiopathic inflammatory myopathy and interstitial lung disease: recognizing and treating the anti-synthetase syndrome. Berkshire Medical Journal. 2002; 10(3): 11-13.
3. Krant JD. Anticytokine therapy for rheumatoid arthritis. Berkshire Medical Journal. 2002; 10(1): 11-14.
4. Krant JD. Crawling instead of walking. Cortland Forum. 1999; 12(8): 150-156.
5. Krant JD. Don’t touch my legs. Medical Economics. 1999; 76(4) 163-164.
6. Krant JD, Wolfgang KE. Update on diagnosis and treatment of lyme disease. Medical Outlook for Primary Care. 1998; 9(1).
7. Krant JD. Temporal arteritis presenting with occult renal cell carcinoma. J Clinical Rheumatology.1997; 3(5): 306-307.
8. Krant JD. Connective tissue diseases: The overlap syndromes. Cortland Forum. 1997; 10(1): 229-232.
9. Krant JD, Fye K. Idiopathic hemochromatosis and systemic lupus erythematosus: An unusual disease association. Berkshire Medical Journal. 1996; 4(2): 13-14.
10. Krant JD, Rose HJ, Pretell JR. Alpha-inteferon therapy of hepatitis c-associated cryoglobulinemia. Berkshire Medical Journal. 1995; 3(3): 4-7.
11. Krant JD. Synovial fluid analysis. Consultant. 1995; 33(12): 4-6.
12. Krant JD. Joint aspiration and injections: Office procedures that can expedite therapy. Consultant. 1993; 33(11): 25-35.
13. Yost JH, Spencer-Green G, Krant JD. Vascular steal mimicking compression myelopathy in paget’s disease of bone: Rapid reversal with calcitonin and systemic steroids. J. Rheumatology. 1993; 20(6): 1064-1065.
14. Krant JD, Ross JM. Extracranial giant cell arteritis restricted to the small bowel. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 1992; 35(5): 602-603.
15. Krant JD, Gauthier J, Mannik M. Preformed, cationized immune complexes deposit preferentially in myocardial small blood vessels of mice. Clinical Immunopathology. 1988; 50: 241-250.
16. Krant JD, Gauthier J, Mannik M. Deposition of immune complexes in small myocardial blood vessels of mice. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 1988; 30: S102.
17. Krant JD. Emergency room recognition of falciparum malaria. Residents Forum in Internal Medicine. 1989; 12: 16-20.