Jesus Millan Nunez- Cortes, MD, PhD, PharmD, FRCP, FACP
Chair of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine
Universidad Complutense and Head of Internal Medicine
University Hospital Gregorio Marañón
• Undergraduate training in the School of Medicine of Universidad Complutense, with postgraduate training in Hospital Clinico de San Carlos, Madrid.
• Associate Professor of Internal Medicine in the University of Cadiz, and Full Professor in the same University and the University Complutense.
• Head of the Research group in “Molecular Basis of Atherosclerosis” in the University of Cadiz, and “Clinical Medicine and Atherosclerosis” in the Universidad Complutense of Madrid.
• Director of Teaching and Education Area, Agencia para la Formación, Investigación y Estudios Sanitarios, Community of Madrid, Spain.
• Head of Internal Medicine Department of the University Hospital Gregorio Marañón in Madrid. Director of the University Hospital Gregorio Marañón in Madrid.
• Member of the New York Academy Sciences (NYAS)
• Member of the Medical-Surgical Spanish Academy (AMQE)
• Fellow of American College of Physicians (FACP)
• Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP, London)
AWARDS AND HONORS:
• Awards from Real Academia Nacional de Medicina (RANM)
• Marie Curie Award (IBC)
• Spanish Foundation of Arteriosclerosis (FEA)
• Spanish Society of Internal Medicine (SEMI)
• International Hippocrates Award (IBC)
• Virchow Award (SILAT)
• Morgagni Award (SOCUBAT)
• Director of 74 Thesis Doctorales
He is the author of 68 books and monographs, more than 250 scientific papers in national and international journals and more than 600 scientific communications in national and international meetings.