James Wei Tatt Toh, BSc, MBBS, FRACS
University of Western Sydney
University of New South Wales
James Ruse Dr, Parramatta NSW 2150
Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
Dr. James Toh is a Surgeon and Lecturer at University of Western Sydney and University of New South Wales. He is on the Editorial Board of several international journals. He is also widely published in gastroenterology and colorectal topics.
His research interests include: Minimally invasive laparoscopic and endoscopic techniques with an interest in robotic techniques, and with a research focus in oncology, physiology and education.
• (2014 -Present): Colorectal Surgical Society Australia New Zealand (CSSANZ)
• (2014 ): GESA accreditation for colonoscopy
• (2014 -Present): Editorial Board of World Medical Student Journal
• (2014 -Present): Editorial Board of Journal of Clinical Medicine
• (2010 -Present): General Surgeons Australia (GSA)
• (2000-2005): National Rural Health Alliance (NRHA) member, friend of the NRHA since 2006
• (2000-2005): John Flynn Scholar – Bush Community Outreach programs, Aboriginal Medical Service programs, Flying Doctor service
• (2000-2005): Member of AMA
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
• 2013 , University of New South Wales Clinical Associate Dean Teaching Award, Sydney South West Area Health Service Liverpool Hospital Best Registrar with Training Potential Award
• 2010, Sydney South West Area Health Service Communication and Customer Service Excellence Award
• 2000-2005, John Flynn Medicine Rural Scholarship
• 2004, Finalist in the Australian National Institute of Poetry, published in 2004 Anthology of Verse
• 1999, Premiers Trophy for HSC All-round Achievement
• 1999, Ross Medal for 3U English – top student in James Ruse; top 15 in NSW
• 1999, Castle Hill Police Station “Outstanding Youth in Excellence”
• 1999, Rio Tinto National Youth Science Forum
• 1999, Australian Institute of Agriculture Science and Technology Medal
• 1998, Premiers Award for top student in NSW in 3U Agriculture
• 1998, Baulkham Hills Shire “Outstanding Achiever in Excellence” for most outstanding youth in the Hills Shire 18-25 years at Orange Blossom Festival
• 1998, Integral Energy Science and Technology Award for Research Excellence
• 1998, Queens Trust Scholarship, Caltex Best All-Rounder in James Ruse
• 1997,Queens Trust Scholarship, Caltex Best All-Rounder in James Ruse
• University of Sydney Award for top student in School Certificate in NSW
• Prizes in Australian Maths Competitions, Medal in American Maths Competition, multiple school awards including bronze awards, head teacher awards, principals medal
1. Toh J, Yabe E, Ong E, Chapuis P, Bokey L. Management of sub-5mm rectal carcinoids with lymph node metastases. Oxford Journals Gastroenterology Report. 2014; gou073
2. Toh J, Gibson K, Vanlioglu B, Ang S, Ong E. Rapid progression from perianal abscess to Fourniers gangrene. ANZ Journal of Surgery. 2014. : 10.1111/ans.12811.
3. Toh J, Ong E, Wilson R. Hypomagnesaemia associated with Long Term Use of Proton Pump Inhibitors. Oxford Journals Gastroenterology Report. 2014; gou054
4. Toh J, Chen Z, Morris D, Chen C. Near fatal 5-FU toxicity – remarkable effects of high dose sucralfate. Journal of Chemotherapy. 2014.
5. Mackay G, Morgan M, Toh J, et al. Improved short-term outcomes of laparoscopic versus open resection for colon and rectal cancer in an area health service: a multicenter study. Dis Colon Rectum. 2012; 5(1):42-50. doi: 10.1097/DCR.0b013e318239341f.
6. Toh JWT, Rahman K, Kozman D. Mucinous tumour in ileal pouch post restorative proctocolectomy and ileal pouch anal anastomosis for Familial Adenomatous Polyposis. Gastro Open J. 2015; 1(2): 59-60. doi: 10.17140/GOJ-1-109