Jacek C. Szepietowski, MD, PhD
Department of Dermatology
Venereology and Allergology
Wroclaw Medical University
50-368 Wroclaw, Poland
Dr. Szepietowski Born in 1966, is a Full Professor and Head of the Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, Wroclaw, Poland. Currently he serves as a Vice-Rector for University Development of Medical University in Wroclaw; in the years 2007-2011 he was the Director of the Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy of Polish Academy of Sciences. He is the President of International Forum for the Study of Itch and President of Polish Dermatological Society. In the years 2009-2013 he served as Vice-President of the International Society of Dermatology Prof. He serves as a Chief Editor of the journal Dermatologia Kliniczna and Dermatologia po Dyplomie (till 2013), Deputy Editor of Mycoses, Section Editor of Acta Dermato-Venereologica and the member of the Editorial Board of numerous journals.
His research interest includes: Itch/Pruritus, Psychodermatology, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Chronic Cutaneous Inflammation, Mycology.
• Board Member of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
• International Society of Dermatology
• Euro-Asian Association of Dermatovenereologists
• Member of Executive Committee of the European Society for Dermatology and Psychiatry, and European Society of Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
• Member of Council of the European Confederation of Medical Mycology (till 2008)
• Honorary Member of The Scientific Research Sigma Xi Society (USA)
• Georgian Association of Dermatovenereologists
• Serbian Association of Dermatovenereologists
• Belarusian Society of Dermatovenereologists and Cosmetologists
• Slovak Society for Aesthetic and Cosmetic Dermatology
• Cosmetic Dermatology Society of India
• Italian Society of Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases
He has authored and co-authored of more than 400 scientific articles, 12 books, more than 70 book chapters and more than 300 congress communications.