Hong Wang, MD, PhD
Director of Research
Department of Anesthesiology
Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center
Chief of Anesthesiology
McLaren Flint Hospital
Flint, MI 48532, USA
•(1983) Peking University, School of Medicine Beijing, China
•(1993) PhD, Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
•(1991-1994) Postdoctoral Fellowship, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan
•(1996-2000) Residency in Anesthesiology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
•(2001-2011) Diplomate American Board of Anesthesiology
•(2002-2012) Perioperative TEE Board Certification
•(2002-2004) Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
•(2004-2010) Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
•(2010-Present) Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
•(2010-Present) Professor, Department of Anesthesiology Michigan State University, MI
Her research interests include: Development of the intelligent anesthesia monitor and Anesthesia depth diagnosis assistance system
•(1999-2000) Chief Resident of Department of Anesthesiology, Henry Ford Hospital
•(2000-2002) Attending Anesthesiologist Henry Ford Hospital
•(2003-2010) Director, Cardiac and Vascular Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesiology, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI
•(2003-2012) Director of Anesthesia Simulation Program, Wayne State University
•(2004-2010) Associate Medical Director, Operating Room Services, Department of Anesthesiology, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI
•(2005-Present) Director of Workshop on Introduction to Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE), Department of Anesthesiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
•(2009-Present) Director of Research, Department of Anesthesiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
•(2010-2015) Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology, Garden City Hospital, Garden City, MI
•(2015-Present) Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology, McLaren Flint Hospital
PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL PAPERS
1. Toshniwal G, McKelvey G, Wang H. STOP-BANG and prediction of difficult airway in obese patients. J Clin Anesth. 2014; 26: 360-367. doi:10.1016/j.jclinane.2014.01.010
2. Gollapalli L, McKelvey G, Wang H. Delayed Vocal Fold Paralysis after Continuous Interscalene Level Brachial Plexus Block with Catheter Placement: A Case Report. Clin Anesth. 2014; 26: 407. doi:10.1016/j.jclinane.2014.02.004
3. Choromanski D, Frederick J, Mckelvery G, Wang H. Intraoperative patient information handover between anesthesia providers. JBR. 2014; 28: 383. doi:10.7555/JBR.28.20140001
4. Wang H. Anesthesia Management of Endovascular Repair of Aortic Aneurysm. Austin J Anesthesia and Analgesia. 2014; 28: 383.
5. Agarwal S, Puri S, Wang H. Alcohol septal ablation in a patient with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: A case report and review of literature. J of Card and Vasc Anesth. 2013; 28: 350.
6. Gupta D, Kaminski E, Mckelvey G, Wang H. Firstborn offspring sex ratio is skewed towards female offspring in anesthesia care providers: A questionnaire-based nationwide study fro United States. Journal of Anesthesiology Clinical Pharmacilogy. 2013; 29: 221. doi:10.4103/0970-9185.111728
7. Gupta D, Srirajakalidindi A, Wang H. Reduced turnover times make flexible optical reusable scope with EndoSheath(®) Technology significantly cost-effective. Journal of Biomedical Research. 2012; 26: 241. doi:10.7555/JBR.26.20120050
8. Coleman A, McNeil N, Kovalchuk A, Wangsa D, Reid T, Wang H. Cellular exposure to muscle relaxants and propofol could lead to genomic instability in vitro. Journal of Biomedical Research. 2012; 26: 117. doi:10.1016/S1674-8301(12)60021-9
9. Apple L, Gupta D, Okumura M, Wang H. Percutaneous balloon mitral valvuloplasty in a pregnant patient under minimally invasive intravenous anesthesia. Middle East Journal of Anesth. 2012; 21: 627.
10. Agarwal S, Patel P, Muppuri R, Wang H. Superior vena cava stent as an unusual cause of difficult Swan-Ganz catheter placement. J Clin Anesth. 2012; 24: 253. doi:10.1016/j.jclinane.2011.04.018
11. Gupta D, Wang H. Cost-effective analysis for flexible optical scope for tracheal intubation: a descriptive comparative study of reusable versus single-use scopes. J Clin Anesth. 2011; 23: 632. doi:10.1016/j.jclinane.2011.04.007
12. Wang H, Gupta D, Sangha J. Magnetic Resonance Imaging related J-Point changes in Electrocardiogram: Is it miniscule artifact or factual electromagnetic interference? British Journal of Anaesthesia BJA. 2011; 107: 6.
13. Tan Z, Wang LY, McKelvey G, et al. Evaluation of EEG $eta_2 heta$ Ratio and Channel Locations in Measuring Anesthesia Depth. Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering. 2010: 39-46.
14. Tan Z, Kaddoum R, Wang LY, Wang H. Decision-Oriented Multi-Outcome Modeling for Anesthesia Patients. The Open Biomedical Engineering Journal. 2010; 4: 113-122. doi:10.2174/1874120701004010113
15. Tan Z, Wang LY, Wang H. Signal Averaging for Noise Reduction in Anesthesia Monitoring and Control with Communication Channels. JBISE. 2009; 2: 564. doi:10.2174/1874120701004010113
16. Tan Z , Kaddoum R, Wang LY, Wang H. Anesthesia Outcome Prediction. Middle East Journal of Anesthesiology. 2009; 20: 363.
17. Kaddoum R, Yu J, Wang H, Chidiac E. Anesthesia management of a Jehovahs witness patient with pheochromocytoma undergoing CABG surgery. Middle East J of Anesthesiology. 2008; 19: 1099.
18. Zheng H, Wang H, Wang LY, Yin G. Cyclic system reconfiguration and time-split signal separation with applications to lung sound pattern analysis. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2007; 55: 2897.
19. Yaacoub C, Kaddoum R, Marsh HM, Wang H. Resection of metastatic right ventricular leiomyosarcoma: The role of transesophageal echocardiography. J. Cardiothoracic Vasc Anesth. 2007; 21: 432. doi:10.1053/j.jvca.2006.07.001
20. Wang H, Zheng H, Wang LY, Normile HJ, Nofs J. Adaptive noise cancellation and lung/heart sounds extraction via time-split transmission channel reconfiguration. WSEAS Transactions on Biology and Biomedicine. 2007; 3: 204.
21. Zheng H, Wang H, Wang LY, Yin G. Time-shared channel identification for adaptive noise cancellation in breath sound extraction. Journal of Control Theory and Applications. 2004; 2: 209. doi:10.1007/s11768-004-0001-2
22. Wang LY, Yin G, Wang H. Identification of Wiener Models with Anesthesia Applications. Int. J. of Pure and Applied Mathematical Sciences. 2004; 3: 35.
23. Wang H, Wang LY, Zheng H, Haladjian R, Wallo M. Lung sound/noise separation in anesthesia respiratory monitoring. WSEAS Transactions on Systems. 2004; 3: 1839.
24. Wang H, Boctor B, Vener J. The effect of single injection femoral nerve block on rehabilitation and length of hospital stay after total knee replacement. Reg Anesth and Pain Med. 2002; 27: 139.
25. Wang LY, Yin G, Wang H. Identification of Wiener Models with Anesthesia Applications. I nt. J. of Pure and Applied Mathematical Sciences. 2004; 3: 35.
26. Gill R, Wang H, Bluethman H, Iglesias A, Wei W-Z. Activation of natural killer cells by MMTV(C4) in BALB/c and T cell receptor Vb2 transgenic mice. Cancer Res. 1994; 54: 1529.
27. Wang H, Gill R, Lichlyter D, Iglesias A, Bluethman H, Wei W-Z. Murine retrovirus induced CD4+ T cell deletion and thymic suppression in adult and newborn Vb2 transgenic mice. Eur J Immunol. 1994; 24: 2950.
28. Wang H, Sullivan AK. Inhibitors of hemopoietic colonies are produced by certain rat fibroblastoid cell lines and are modulated by corticosteroids. Exp Hematol. 1993; 21: 675.
29. Wei W-Z, Gill RF, Wang H. Mouse mammary tumor virus associated antigens and superantigens-immunomolecular correlates of neoplastic progression. Seminar in Cancer Biol. 1993; 4: 205.
30. Shakhov AN, Wang H, Acha-Orbea H, Pauley R, Wei W-Z. A new infectious mouse mammary tumor virus in the milk of mice implanted with C4 hyperplastic alveolar nodule. Eur J Immunol. 1993; 23: 2758.
31. Wei W-Z, Wang H, Gill R, Lichlyter D. Activity of a novel mouse mammary tumor virus associated superantigen. Proc American Association for Cancer Research. 1993; 34: 455.
32. Wang H, Pauley R, Tait L, Wei W-Z. An infectious mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) is released from C4 preneoplastic hyperplastic alveolar nodule (HAN). J Immunol. 1993; 150: 59A.
33. Wang H, Sullivan AK. Fibroblastoid cells derived from rat bone marrow and lung differ in their pattern of production of hemopoietic stimulators and inhibitors. Leukemia Research. 1992; 16: 385.
34. Wang H, Sullivan AK. Effects of a fibroblast-derived inhibitor on the growth of normal marrow and leukemic clonogenic cells. Leukemia Research. 1992; 16: 693. doi:
35. Wei W-Z, Wang H, Fiscsor-Jacobs R, Pauley R. Adoptive transfer of Vb2 deleting activity with lymphocytes from mice implanted with C4 preneoplastic hyperplastic alveolar nodules. Cancer Res. 1992; 52: 5182.
36. Wang H, Sullivan AK. Partial purification of a hemopoietic inhibitor produced by rat lung fibroblasts. Ann NY Acad Sci. 1991; 628: 310. doi:10.1111/j.1749-6632.1991.tb17262.x
37. Wang H, Sullivan AK. Fibroblast subpopulations in production of myeloid stimulatory and inhibitory activities. J Cellular Biochem. 1989; 13C: 20.
38. Wang H, Sullivan AK. A hemopoietic inhibitor produced by rat mesenchymal cells. Leukemia. 1989; 3(10): 687.
39. Sullivan AK, Claxiton D, Shemetak G, Wang H. Cellular composition of rat bone marrow stroma: Antigen-defined subpopulations. Laboratory Investigation. 1988; 60(4): 667.
40. Wang H, Sullivan AK. Function of marrow stromal cell subpopulations. J Cellular Biochem. 1988; 12A: 140.
41. Wang H, Sullivan AK. An inhibitor of myeloid colonies different from Beta-TGF is secreted by rat marrow stroma cells. Blood. 1988; 72(5): 462.
1. Wang LY, Wang H. Computers in Anesthesia. In: Webster JG, ed. Encyclopedia of Medical Devices and Instrumentation. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2006; 1: 42-51.