Hiroshi Bando, MD, PhD, FACP
Tokushima City 770-0943, Japan
Dr. Bando had graduated from Tokushima University, School of Medicine in 1981. After obtaining the ECFMG certificate, he participated the family practice residency training in United States. He got the degree of Doctors of Medicine in 1989, and engaged in the research of endocrine and metabolic medicine in Tokushima University as an instructor and associate professor. He has been board member and specialist in several medical societies, such as diabetes, primary care, anti-aging medicine, integrated medicine (IM), complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), music therapy and sport medicine. Besides medicine, he has been a pianist with the award of silver medal in the European International Piano Concours (EIPIC) in Japan (2013), and an athlete with award of gold medal in in-line skate and athletic games in Japan.
His research interests include: Diabetes, Metabolic syndrome, Primary care medicine, Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), Integrated medicine (IM), music therapy (MT).
• Medical Doctor License (1981)
• ECFMG Certificate (1983)
• Fellow of American College of Physicians (FACP) (1987)
• Doctors of Medicine (PhD) (1990)
• Chairman of International Committee, Japanese Primary Care Physicians (1996)
• Chairman of Annual Meeting, 20th Japanese Biomusic Association (1999)
• Chairman of Annual Congress, 9th Japanese Association of Music Therapy (2009)
• Volunteerism & Community Service Award of American College of Physicians (2011)
• Chairman of Annual Meeting, 7th Japan Society of Music and Medicine (2014)
• Chairman of Annual Congress, 8th Japan Primary Care Association (2017)
1. Muneta T, Kawaguchi E, Nagai Y, et al. Ketone body elevation in placenta, umbilical cord, newborn and mother in normal delivery. Glycative Stress Research. 2016; 3(3): 133-140.
2. Bando H, Kan M, Takenaka Y, Yokoyama H, Nakamura T, Konoike K. Effective training of squat exercise-HiSquat trial for patients with diabetes. Glycative Stress Research. 2016; 3(2): 65-73.
3. Bando H, Takenaka Y, Nakamura T, Konoike K, Yonei Y. Investigation for Quality of Life (QOL) and self-esteem for health in masters athletes. Glycative Stress Research. 2015; 2(4): 174-181.
4. Bando H, Nakamura T, Yonei Y, Takenaka Y, Seki K. Lipid profile of masters athletes in ice-skating, a model of anti-aging research. Glycative Stress Research. 2(2): 52-57.
5. Hiyama K, Ozaki M, Hayano K, et al. Positive action is required to achieve the 2020.30 goal of gender equality in Japanese medical societies. Surgery Today. 2013; 44(1): 204-205. doi:10.1007/s00595-013-0582-9
6. Yonei Y, Takahashi Y, Takahashi H, Watanabe M, Mochizuki T, Bando H. A double-blind clinical study of Rokkaku Reishi essence in women. Anti-Aging Medicine. 2007; 4(1): 28-37. doi:10.3793/jaam.4.28
7. Bando H, Yoshioka T, Yonei Y, Nakamura T. Investigation of quality life in athletes from an anti-aging perspective. Primary Care Japan. 2006; 4(1): 47-51.
8. Bando H. Music therapy and internal medicine. Progress in Clinical Medicine. Asian Med J. 2001; 44(1): 30-35.
9. Inoue T, Okauchi Y, Matsuzaki Y, et al. Identification of a single cytosine base insertion mutation at Arg-597 of the beta subunit of the human epithelial sodium channel in a family with Liddles disease. European Journal of Endocrinology. 1998; 138(6): 691-697. doi:10.1530/eje.0.1380691
10. Ishikawa M, Mizobuchi M, Takahashi H, Bando H, Saito S. Somatostatin release as measured by in vivo microdialysis: Circadian variation and effect of prolonged food deprivation. Brain Research. 1997; 749(2): 226-231.
11. Okauchi Y, Takahashi H, Mizobuchi M, Bando H, Saito S. Thyrotropin-releasing hormone release in normal and hyperthyroid rats as measured by microdialysis. The Tokushima Journal of Experimental Medicine. 1997; 43(3-4): 93-100.
12. Wada M, Azuma H, Bando H, et al. A case report of an elderly patient with acromegaly. Endocrine Journal. 1997; 43(6): 715-718. doi:10.1507/endocrj.43.715
13. Mizobuchi M, Ishikawa M, Okauchi Y, Bando H, Saito S. Effects of Thyroidectomy on Thyrotropin-Releasing Hormone (TRH) and Somatotropin Release-lnhibiting Factor (SRIF) Patterns in Intrahypophysial Microdialysates in Rats. Endocrine Journal. 1996; 43(6): 679-687. doi:10.1507/endocrj.43.679
14. Kannuki S, Matsumoto K, Sano T, Shintani Y, Bando H, Saito S. Double pituitary adenoma-two case reports. Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica. 1996; 36(11): 818-821. doi:10.2176/nmc.36.818
15. Bando H, Abe T, Ohkura T, Shintani Y, Saito S. Correlation among serum levels of procollagen type 1 carboxy terminal propeptide and type 1 collagen carboxy terminal telopeptide and urinary excretion of growth hormone and pyridinoline in normal children. Clinical Pediatric Endocrinology. 1996; 5(Suppl 8): 95-97. doi:10.1297/cpe.5.Supple8_95
16. Bando H, Mizobuchi M, Shintani Y, Saito S. Correlation between urinary growth hormone, pyridinoline, parathyroid hormone-related protein and calcium/phosphate excretion in normal children. Clinical Pediatric Endocrinology. 1996; 5(Suppl 7): 28-29. doi:10.1297/cpe.5.Supple7_28
17. Rikimaru K, Matsumoto F, Hayashi E, Bando H, Nagayama M. Evaluation of serum concentration of parathyroid hormone-related protein and its implication in hypercalcemia in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 1995; 24(5): 365-368. doi:10.1016/S0901-5027(05)80494-1
18. Shintani Y, Yoshimoto K, Horie H, et al. Two different pituitary adenomas in a patient with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 associated with growth hormone-releasing hormone-producing pancreatic tumor: Clinical and genetic features. Endocrine Journal. 1995; 42(3): 331-340. doi:10.1507/endocrj.42.331
19. Mizobuchi M, Kunishige M, Kubo K, Komatsu M, Bando H, Saito S. Syndrome of inappropriate secretion of ADH (SIADH) due to small cell lung cancer with extremely high plasma vasopressin level. Internal Medicine. 1994; 33(8): 501-504. doi:10.2169/internalmedicine.33.501
20. Takahashi H, Shintani Y, Okauchi T, et al. Measurement of somatostatin release in rat brain by microdialysis. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 1994; 52(1): 33-38.
21. Nakamura Y, Bando H, Sahintani Y, Yokogoshi Y, Saito S. Serum parathyroid hormone-related protein concentrations in patients with hematologic malignancies or solid tumors. Acta Endocrinologica. 1992; 127(4): 324-330. doi:10.1530/acta.0.1270324
22. Bando H, Sano T, Ohshima T, et al. Differences in pathological findings and growth hormone responses in patients with growth hormone-producing pituitary adenoma. Endocrinologia Japonica. 1992; 39(4): 355-363. doi:10.1507/endocrj1954.39.355
23. Takahashi H, Bando H, Zhang CY, Yamasaki R, Saito S. Mechanism of impaired growth hormone secretion in patients with Cushings disease. Acta Endocrinologica. 1992; 127(1): 13-17. doi:10.1530/acta.0.1270013
24. Bando H, Zhang CY, Takada Y, Takahashi H, Yamasaki R, Saito S. Correlation between plasma levels of ACTH and cortisol in basal states and during the CRH test in normal subjects and patients with hypothalamo-pituitary disorders. The Tokushima Journal of Experimental Medicine. 1992; 38(3-4): 61-69.
25. Zhang CY, Yamasaki R, Mitsuhashi S, Takahashi H, Bando H, Saito S. Radioimmunoassay of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) with a polyclonal antibody against synthetic GHRH(1-29)-Gly4-Cys-NH2: method and clinical studies. Clinica Chimica Acta. 1991; 202(3): 243-254. doi:10.1016/0009-8981(91)90055-H
26. Kawano H, Tsuruo Y, Bando H, Daikoku S. Hypophysiotrophic TRH-producing neurons identified by combining immunohistochemistry for pro-TRH and retrograde tracing. The Journal of Comparative Neurology. 1991; 307(4): 531-538. doi:10.1002/cne.903070402
27. Bando H, Zhang CY, Takada Y, Yamasaki R, Saito S. Impaired secretion of growth hormone-releasing hormone, growth hormone and IGF-I in elderly men. Acta Endocrinologica. 1991; 124(1): 31-36. doi:10.1530/acta.0.1240031
28. Bando H, Yamasaki R, Saito S. Evaluation of hypothalamic-pituitary function in a combination of tests with four hypothalamic releasing hormones and L-dopa in normal subjects and in patients with hypothalamic and/or pituitary disorders. Endocrinologia Japonica. 1989; 36(5): 705-720. doi:10.1507/endocrj1954.36.705