Hany Younan Azer Girgis, MD
Associate Professor of Cardiology
Tawfik El-Hakeem, Al Fayoum, Fayoum Governorate, Egypt
Dr. Girgis acquired his Doctorate (MD) degree of Cardiology (April 2004) and Master Degree of Cardiology (May 1999) from Ain Shams University, Egypt and Bachelor Degree of Medicine and Surgery (MBBCh) from Al-Minia University, Egypt (December 1992).
He has a work experience as Associate Professor of Cardiology, Fayoum University, Egypt from 28/7/2010 till present; Visiting Consultant of Cardiology: Alseef hospital-Kuwait; Consultant of Echocardiography: ALFA Scan imaging centers, Cairo, from 28/9/2009 till 4/7/2011 and Consultant of Echocardiography: Cairo Scan imaging centers, Cairo, from April 2007 till April 2009. He is a Fellow of Cardiology: Helwan University Hospital, Cairo, from 16/1/2005 to 25/2/2006 and specialist of Cardiology from 16/8/2000 to 15/1/2005; Resident of Cardiology: National Heart Institute, Cairo, from 14/1/2000 till 15/8/2000 and Resident of Cardiology and I.C.U: Dar El-Shefa Hospital, Cairo, from 4/11/1996 till 13/1/2000.
He published more than 20 papers in international journals. He is also involved in several international conferences where he presented many posters and case presentations.
His research interests include: Diagnostic imaging , speckle tracking echocardiography, Tissue Doppler echocardiography, Cardiac function in rheumatic valvular heart diseases, genetics and CAD.
Honors and Awards:
• Owner of ”the ideal doctor prize” presented from the Egyptian Medical Syndicate April 2005
• Owner of the third prize of the best case presented in the conference of the Echocardiography working group of the Egyptian Society of Cardiology (Cairo, 2006)
• Owner of the third prize of the best research presented in the conference of the Egyptian Society of Cardiology and Pan Arab Society of Cardiology (Alexandria, 2002)
• Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (FESC)
• Member of the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
• Member of the Canadian Society of Echocardiography (CSE)
• Member of the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (ECAVI)
• Certified RDCS from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
• Member of the Egyptian Society of Cardiology
As a First Author:
1. Younan H. Role of two dimensional strain and strain rate imaging in assessment of left ventricular function in patients with rheumatic mitral stenosis and normal ejection fraction. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.ehj.2014.07.003
2. Younan H, Razek GA, Elkhashab K, Abdelrasol H, Saad M. Relationship of endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphism with atherosclerotic coronary and carotid arterial disease in egyptian population. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.ehj.2014.01.003
3. Younan H. Detection of subclinical right ventricular systolic dysfunction in patients with mitral stenosis by two dimensional strain and strain rate imaging. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2015; 67: 47-53. doi: 10.1016/j.ehj.2014.09.002
4. Younan H, Ragad T, El-Khashab K, Farag N. Impact of Gender Difference on PCI Outcome in Egyptian Diabetic Patients: Prospective Two Centers Registry Study. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2015; 67: 55-61. doi: 10.1016/j.ehj.2014.09.001
5. Younan H. Two dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography in detection of subclinical left ventricular systolic dysfunction in patients with severe aortic stenosis. Indian Heart Journal. 2014; 66(6): 602-606. doi: 10.1016/j.ihj.2014.10.400
6. Younan H. Usefulness of 2-dimensional mitral valve leaflets separation index as a new technique for assessment of mitral stenosis severity: comparison with planimetry and pht methods. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2010; 62(1): 187-195.
7. Younan H, El-Khashab K. Correlation of high sensitivity C-reactive protein to presence, extent and severity of angiographic coronary artery disease in patients with chronic stable angina. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2008; 60(1): 53-60.
8. Younan H. High sensitivity C-reactive protein: a novel and promising marker of degenerative aortic valve disease. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2007; 59(2): 241-248.
9. Mashahet M, Younan H, El-Amir M, Mohamed A, Farawela H, El-Hamed AA. Cirrhotic cardiomyopathy in egyptian population. Journal of Applied Medical Sciences. 2014; 3 (3): 31-40.
10. Alsaddah J, Alkandari S, Younan H. Latrogenic left main coronary artery stenosis following aortic and mitral valve replacement. Heart Views. 2015; 16(1): 37-39. doi: 10.4103/1995-705X.153001
11. Abdelmoktader A, Younan H. Usefulness of pulsed wave tissue doppler imaging in assessment of left ventricular functions in children with beta-thalassemia major: a cross-sectional study. Indian J Pediatr. 80(9): 721-725. doi: 10.1007/s12098-013-1020-0
12. Shaker FE, El-Khashab K, Younan H, et al. Tissue doppler imaging versus conventional echocardiography in evaluation of diastolic function in diabetic patients. Life Science Journal. 2012; 9(4): 2256-2262.
13. Saad M, Younan H. Dual source CT coronary angiography. Diagnostic accuracy without the use of B blockers. The international version of the Egyptian Journal of radiology and nuclear medicine. 2011; 42: 281-287. doi: 10.1016/j.ejrnm.2011.07.001
14. Saad M, Younan H. Diagnostic accuracy of dual source CT coronary angiography in patients with high calcium score. The Egyptian Journal of radiology and nuclear medicine. 2010; 41(1): 319-325. doi:
15. Saad M, Younan H. Functional assessment of the left ventricle in patients with cardiac arrhythmia using dual source CT. The Egyptian Journal of radiology and nuclear medicine. 2010; 41(1): 181-190.
16. El-Khashab K, Elamir M, Younan H, Talaat, M, Hassan O. Homocysteine as a Risk Factor for Vascular Disease. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2007; 59(2): 263-270.
17. Fahmy M, Younan H. Non-invasive coronary imaging with 64-multislice CT coronary angiography in comparison to invasive coronary angiography. Egyptian Journal of radiology and nuclear medicine. 2009; 40(1): 61-68.
18. Shaheen HA, El-Khashab K, Younan H, et al. Cognitive impairment in heart failure patients. Egyptian Journal of neurology, psychiatry and neurosurgery. 2007; 44(1): 271-283.
19. Guindy R, Younan H, Osama M, Kamel Y, Abdelghafar T, Fahmy M. Regional mean systolic myocardial velocity estimation by real-time color doppler myocardial imaging: a new technique for quantifying regional systolic function during ischemia and following PTCA. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2005; 3: 105- 114.
20. Guindy R, Younan H, et al. Can doppler myocardial imaging myocardial velocity gradient predicts regional contractile recovery very early following ptca? a colored 2d doppler myocardial imaging study. Egyptian Heart Journal. 2005; 3: 95- 104.