Hanna G. Kaspar, MD
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Temple University School of Medicine
Danville, PA 17821, USA
Dr. Kaspar is a MD from the American University of Beirut. His experience includes training in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecologic Pathology with practice and research in both fields for several years. Over the past 10 years, hisy focus was on the practice and research in the field of Gynecologic Pathology. His secondary practice is in the field of Urologic Pathology and cytology. His previous experience includes a leadership position as a Director of the Geisinger North East Region Laboratories. Currently, he is incharge of the gynecologic pathology subspecialty for the Geisinger health system (pod leader) helping five colleagues in this group within the pathology department.
His research interest includes: Gynecologic Pathology Including Placental Pathology and the Use of Immunohistochemistry to Differentiate Gynecologic Lesions.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Recognition for extraordinary commitment and exceptional performance Geisinger Health System. June, 2013
• Excellence in research, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX June, 1992
1. Kaspar H, Crum CP. The utility of immunohistochemistry in the differential diagnosis of gynecologic disorders. Arch. Path Lab Med. 2015, 139:39-54. doi: 10.5858/arpa.2014-0057-RA
2. Tsujiura M, Mazack V, Sudol M, et al. Yes-associated protein (YAP) modulates oncogenic features and radiation sensitivity in endometrial cancer. PLoS ONE. 01/2014; 9(6):e100974. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0100974
3. Hamdan AL, Moukarbel L, Tawil A, Kaspar H, Natout M. Transglottic basaloid squamous cell carcinoma of the larynx. Middle East J Anesthesiol. 2013; 22(2): 229-232.
4. Seoud M, Abbas J, Kaspar H, Khalil A, Geara F. Long term survival following aggressive surgery and radiotherapy for pelvic fibromatosis. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2005; 15: 1111-1114.
5. Makhoul NJ, Wells RS, Kaspar H, et al. Genetic Heterogeneity of Beta Thalassemia in Lebanon reflects historic and recent population migration. Annals of Human Genetics. 2005; 69(1):55-66.
6. Naja RP, Kaspar H, Shbaklo H, Chakar N, Makhoul NJ, Zalloua PA. Accurate and rapid prenatal diagnosis of the most frequent East Mediterranean beta-thalassemia mutations. Am J Hematol. 2004;75(4):220-4.
7. Nassar A, Usta I, Finianos A, Kaspar H. Spontaneous uterine rupture following intercourse. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2004; 83(1): 114-115.
8. Sakhel K, Khalil A, Kaspar H, Azar G, Mansour A, Nassar A. Placental site trophoblastic tumor in a patient with secondary infertility and radiological findings consistent with a leiomyoma: a case report. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2004;14(4):694-6.
9. Deeb ME, Awwad J, Yeretzian JS, Kaspar HG. Low prevalence of reproductive tract infections and high prevalence of genital prolapse and obesity in a rural community in Lebanon. Bull World Health Organ. 2003; 81(9): 639-645.
10. Inati A, Taher A, Bou Alawi W, et al. Beta-globin gene cluster haplotypes and HbF levels are not the only modulators of sicle cell disease in Lebanon. Eur. J. Hematol. 2003; 70(2): 79-83.
11. Saad AG, Kaouk JH, Kaspar HG, Khauli RB. Leiomyoma of the urethra: report of 3 cases of a rare entity. Int J Surg Pathol. 2003; 11(2): 123-126.
12. Mroueh AM, Seoud MAF, Kaspar HG, Zalloua PA. Prevalence of genital human papillomavirus among Lebanese women. Eur. J. Gynaec. Oncol. 23(5) : 429-32; 2002.
13. Kaspar HG, Abu-Musa A, Hannoun A, Seoud M, Shammas M, Khalil A. The placenta in meconium staining: Lesions and early neonatal outcome. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 27(1) :63-66.
14. Bulbul MA, Kaspar H, Naser R, Khalil A. Urothelial carcinoma of the vagina six years following cystectomy for invasive cancer. Eur J Gynec Oncol. 1999; 20(3): 233-234.
15. Seoud M, Shamseddine A, Khalil A, et al. Tamoxifene and endometrial pathologies: A prospective study. Gyn Onc. 1999; 75(1): 15-19.
16. Hannoun A, Abu Musa A, Awwad J, Kaspar H, Khalil A. Clomiphene citrate challenge test: cycle to cycle variability of cycle day 10 follicle stimulating hormone level. Clin Exp Obst & Gyn. 1998; 25(4): 155-156.
17. Hannoun A, Abu Musa A, Kaspar H, Khalil A. Intrauterine insemination IUI: the effect of ovarian stimulation and infertility diagnosis on pregnancy outcome. Clin Exp Obst & Gyn. 1998; 15(4), 144-6.
18. Kaspar HG, Kraemer BB, Kraus FT. DNA ploidy by image cytometry and karyotype in spontaneous abortion. Hum Pathol. 1998; 29:1013-1016.
19. Khalil A, Seoud M, Kaspar HG. Endometrial adenocarcinoma metastatic to the laparotomy scar. . Eur J Gynec Oncol. 1998; 19(4): 408-409.
20. Kaspar HG, Dinh T, Hannigan EV. Flow cytometry in cervical adenocarcinoma. Correlating DNA content analysis with the clinical picture. J Reprod Med. 1997; 42(3): 170-2.
21. Khalil AM, Azar GB, Kaspar HG, Seoud AF. Ultrasound findings in placenta percreta. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 1997; 17(3): 280-81.
22. Seoud M, el-Kak F, Kaspar H, Khalil A. Premenarchal ovarian serous borderline tumor: a case report and review of the literature. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1996; 75(8): 762-764.
23. Atieh B, Salem-Shabb N, Mroueh S, Kaddoura I, Kaspar H. Infantile myofibromatosis of the hand: case report and review of the literature. Medit J Med. 1996; 3: 1-6.
24. Seoud M, Kaspar H, Khalil A, Azar G, Abu-Musa A, Kibbi AG. Subungual metastatic choriocarcinoma. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1996; 34(3): 511-2.
25. Khalil AM, Azar GB, Kaspar HG, Abu-Musa AA, Charara IR, Seoud AF. Giant Cervical Polyp. J Reprod Med. 1996; 41(8): 619-621.
26. Kaspar HG, Dinh TV, Doherty MG, Hannigan EV, Kumar D. Clinical implications of tumor volume measurement in stage I adenocarcinoma of the cervix. Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 81:296-300.
27. Khatib RA, Khalil AM, Tawil AN, Shamseddine AI, Kaspar HG, Suidan FG. Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma presenting as a urethral caruncle. Gynecol Oncol. 1993; 50: 389-393.
28. Mansour AM, Egwuagu CE, Kaspar HG, Harmon MK. Bacterial optic disk mass and Toxoplasmic-like encephalitis in an HIV seropositive subject. Graefe’s Arch Clin Exp Ophtalmol. 1993; 231: 668-671.
29. Kaspar HG, Graham G. Comparison of the diagnostic performance of three methods of measuring CK-MB. Am J Clin Pathol. 1991; 95: 289.
30. Kaspar HG, To T, Dinh TV. Clinical use of immunoperoxidase markers in excluding ectopic gestation. Obstet Gynecol. 1991; 78(3 Pt 1): 433-7.
31. Nagamani M, Kaspar HG, Dinh T, Hannigan E, Smith E. Hyperthecosis of ovaries in a woman with placental site trophoblastic tumor. Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 76: 931-35.