Han Huang, MD
Department of Anesthesiology
West China Second Hospital
Dr. Han graduated from the seven-year program of West China Medical School, Sichuan University in 2007, with Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Medicine. Then, he received his resident training in Department of Anesthesiology, West China Second Hospital. From November 2010 to October 2011, he was trained as a visiting research fellow in Department of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care, Imperial College London, UK. He was appointed as an attending in 2011. In 2013, he received his MD degree from West China Medical School, Sichuan University.
His clinical practice mainly focuses on obstetric/gynecological anesthesia. His interest of research is the pathogenesis of sepsis-induced long-term brain dysfunction, and molecular mechanism of general anesthesia.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• (2013) Excellent Award for Poster Presentation Chinese Society of Anesthesiology Annual Meeting
• (2008) Asia Anaesthesia Innovation Award
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES AND EDITORIALS
1. Wang X, Zhou C, Liang P, et al. Characterization of Specific Roles of Sodium Channel Subtypes in Regional Anesthesia. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2015; 40(5): 599-604. doi: 10.1097/AAP.0000000000000294
2. Luo D, Wu L, Wu H, Huang W, Huang H. Anesthetic management of a neonate receiving prenatal repair of gastroschisis. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015; 8(5): 8234-8237.
3. Zhao H, Huang H, Ologunde R, et al. Xenon Treatment Protects against Remote Lung Injury following Kidney Transplantation in Rats. Anesthesiology. 2015; 122(6): 1312-1326. doi: 10.1097/ALN.0000000000000664
4. Zhu Q, Wu H, Song H-B, et al. Effect of Intra-Cuff Tetracaine on Preventing Postoperative Sore Throat after Gynecological Surgery. J Anesth Perioper Med. 2015; 2(1): 8-13.
5. Huang H, Benzonana LL, Zhao H, et al. Prostate cancer cell malignancy via modulation of HIF-1α pathway with isoflurane and propofol alone and in combination. Br J Cancer. 2014; 111(7): 1338-1349. doi: 10.1038/bjc.2014.426
6. Huang H, Li R, Liu J, Zhang W, Liao T, Yi X. A phase I, dose-escalation trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of emulsified isoflurane in healthy human volunteers. Anesthesiology. 2014; 120(3): 614-625. doi: 10.1097/ALN.0000000000000044.
7. Zhou C, Huang H, Liu J, Wang X, Chen X, Zhang W. Emulsified isoflurane increases convulsive thresholds of lidocaine and produces neural protection after convulsion in rats. Anesth Analg. 2014; 118(2): 310-317. doi: 10.1213/ANE.0000000000000065
8. Zeng K, Huang H, Jiang XQ, Chen XJ, Huang W. Protective effects of hydrogen on renal ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2014; 45(1): 39-42.
9. Zhao H, Watts HR, Chong M, et al. Xenon Treatment Protects Against Cold Ischemia Associated Delayed Graft Function and Prolongs Graft Survival in Rats. Am J Transplant. 2013; 13(8): 2006-2018. doi: 10.1111/ajt.12293
10. Zhang L, Huang H, Cheng J, et al. Pre-treatment with isoflurane ameliorates renal ischemic-reperfusion injury in mice. Life Sci. 2011; 88(25-26): 1102-1107. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2011.04.004
11. Huang H, Zhang W, Liu S, Yanfang C, Li T, Liu J. Cardioprotection afforded by St Thomas solution is enhanced by emulsified isoflurane in an isolated heart ischemia reperfusion injury model in rats. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2010; 24(1): 99-103. doi: 10.1053/j.jvca.2009.10.016
12. Huang H, Zhang L, Wang Y, et al. Effect of ischemic post-conditioning on spinal cord ischemic-reperfusion injury in rabbits. Can J Anaesth. 2007; 54(1): 42-48. doi: 10.1007/BF03021898