Halle-Ekane Edie Gregory, MD
Vice Dean-Research and Cooperation
Faculty of Health Sciences
University of Buea
Senior Consultant Obstetrician-Gynecologist
General Hospital Douala
Dr. Gregory is a practicing Obstetrician and Gynecologist working in the Buea Regional Hospital and the Douala General Hospital, Douala. The latter is a tertiary centre that serves the Central African sub region. He is currently, the Vice Dean in charge of Research and Cooperation in the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Bueaand also the country’s Coordinator for the Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Switzerland. He is Consultant sector editor for the African Journal of Integrated Health and a peer reviewer of six international journals. Since 1996, he participated in the design and oversee some screening and treatment of cervical cancer programs at the local and national levels. Hehas also been involved in many research projects in the area of maternal and perinatal health. He coordinates research and teaching activities between the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Buea and other health facilities in Cameroon (e.g Cameroon Baptist Convention Health Services and Catholic Health Services) working to improve health care through educational, research and clinical care improvement collaborations. Specifically, he mentors and supervises local and visiting Ob/Gyn trainees including visitors to the CBCHS through the UAB-Cameroon Health Care Collaboration Initiative. He also mentors fellows of the Afya Bora Consortium and collaborates with other US Universities (Universities of Arizona and Washington).
His research interests include: Sexuality and reproductive Health; STIs, Gynaecological cancer screening, Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, Teenage pregnancy and management of medical and Surgical complications in pregnancies.
• National Medical Council of Nigeria
• National Medical Council of Cameroon (NMCC)
• Cameroon Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (SOGOC)
• Country’s Coordinator-Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research (GFMER)-Switzerland
• Member Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics, USA (APGO)
• Working Group Member: Afya Bora Fellowship in Global Health Leadership
• Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons
PUBLICATIONS IN SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
1.Halle-Ekane GE, Obinchemti TE, Nzang JLN, et al. Assessment of the Content and Utilization of Antenatal Care Services in a Rural Community in Cameroon: A Cross-Sectional Study. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014; 4(14): 846-856.doi:10.4236/ojog.2014.414119
Available from: http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperDownload.aspx?DOI=10.4236/ojog.2014.414119.
2.Halle-Ekane GE, Obinchemti TE, Tchente CN, et al. Attainment of the Fifth Millennium Development Goal: Utopia or Reality Based on Trends in Maternal Mortality in 12 Years in Two Regional Hospitals in Fako Division, Cameroon? A Retrospective Study. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014; 04(13): 771-781. doi: 10.4236/ojog.2014.413107
Available from: http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperDownload.aspx?DOI=10.4236/ojog.2014.413107.
3.Halle-Ekane GE, Mangala NFG, Obinchemti TE, et al. Assessment of the management of breast cancer in the Douala General Hospital, Cameroon: A tertiary centre in a low income setting. AJIH. 2014; 3: 12-28.
Availabler from: http://ajih.net/public/include/pages/pdf/AJIH_vol3_1_2014.pdf%20Halle%20et%20al%281%29.pdf.
4.Njunda LA, Elvuchio TEA, Eko MS, et al. Cancerous lesions of the uterine cervix among women attending the University Teaching Hospital (UTH) Yaounde for screening: A cross sectional study. AJIH. 2014; 3: 34-37.
Available from: http://ajih.net/public/include/pages/pdf/AJIH_vol3_1_2014.pdf%20njunda%20et%20al.pdf
5. Shey Nsagha D, Halle-Ekane GE, Shei Nfor C, Ngowe Ngowe M, Tatchwanglie Nasah B. The Role of the Male Partner in the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV in Cameroon. American Journal of Epidemiology and Infectious Disease. 2014; 2(2): 52-59doi: 10.12691/ajeid-2-2-1
Available from: http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajeid/2/2/1/.
6. JN Palle, N Bassah, HLF Kamga, et al. Current antibiotic susceptibility profile of the bacteria associated with Surgical wound infections in the Buea health district in Cameroon. Afr Cln Exper Microbiol. 15(1): 27-34.< a href="http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.4314/ajcem.v15i1.5" target="_blank">http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/ajcem.v15i1.5
7. Enow Orock GE, Halle EG, Weledji P, Ewane TP, Doh AS. Multiple primary cancers seen in Yaounde. An 8 years population review. Global Advanced Research Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 2013; 2(4): 30.
8. Egbe TO, Njamen TN, Halle-Ekane GE, et al. Outcome of late second trimester emergency cerclage in patients with advanced cervical dilatation with bulging amniotic membranes: A report of six cases managed at the Douala General Hospital, Cameroon. ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2013; (843158): 5. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/843158
9. Halle-Ekane GE, Tebeu PM, Obinchemti TE, et al. Postpartum hemoperitoneum due to rupture of a blood vessel on a uterine pseudo tumor: a case report. The Pan African Medical Journal. 2013; 16: 57.
10. Mokube MN, Atashili J, Halle-Ekane GE, et al. Bacteriuria amongst Pregnant Women in the Buea Health District, Cameroon: Prevalence, Predictors, Antibiotic Susceptibility Patterns and Diagnosis. PLoS ONE . 2013; 1(8(8)): e71086. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0071086
11. Nguefack CT, Biwole ME, Massom A, et al. Epidemiology and surgical management of breast cancer in gynecological department of Douala General Hospital. The Pan African medical Journal. 2012; 1: 13-35.
12. Tebeu PM, Halle G, Lemogoum D, Simo Wambo AG, Kengne Fosso G, Fomulu JN. Risk factors for eclampsia among patients with pregnancy-related hypertension at Maroua Regional Hospital, Cameroon. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2012; 118(3): 254-256. doi: 10.1016/j.ijgo.2012.04.013
13. Tchente NC, Halle-Ekane GE, Egbe OT, Tsingaing JJ, Nana NT, Belley Priso E. Linsuffisance ovarienne precoce: review de la litterature a partir de 4 cas cliniques observes a l’Hopital General de Douala, Cameroun. Revue de Medecine et de Pharmacie. 2011; 37-41.
14. Tebeu PM, Mboudou E, Halle G, Kongnyuy E, Nkwabong E, Fomulu JN. Risk factors of delivery by caesarean section in Cameroon (2003-2004): a regional hospital report. ISRN Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 2011791319. doi: 10.5402/2011/791319.
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3216360/.
15. Tsingaing KJ, Egbe OT, Halle-Ekane GE, et al. Prevalence du VIH chez la Femme Enceinte et Transmission Mere-Enfant du VIH a la Maternite de Hopital General de Douala, Cameroun. Clin Mother and Child Health. 2011; 8. doi:10.4303/cmch/C100801
16.Tebeu PM, Kemfang JD, Sandjong DI, Kongnyuy E, Halle G, Doh AS. Geographic Distribution of Childbirth among Adolescents in Cameroon from (2003-2005). Obstet Gynecol Int. 2010. “http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2010/805165
Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2926687/.
17. Egbe TO, Halle-Ekane GE, Behiya G, Tsingaing JK, Belley Priso E, Nyemb JE. Importance of prenatal diagnosis in the effective management of hydrocephalic foetus: A case report in the Douala General Hospital, Cameroon. Clin Mother and Child Health. 2010; 7(1): 1233-1238. doi:10.4303/cmch/C101777
18.Robyr R, Nazeer S, Vassilakos P, et al. Feasibility of cytology-based cervical cancer screening in rural Cameroon. Acta Cytol. 2002; 46(6): 1110-1116.
19.Leke RIJ, Halle-Ekane GE, Tonye R. Efficacite et tolerance Bactox dans les syndromes infectieux abdomino-pelvien a la Maternite Principale -Yaounde. Medicine digest. 1992; 13(4).
20.Halle-Ekane GE, Fotabong CM, Njotang PN, et al. Quality of antenatal care and outcome of pregnancy in a semi-urban area in Fako Division, Cameroon: a cross-sectional study. Women Health Open J. 2015; 1(2): 31-39. doi: 10.17140/WHOJ-1-105