Hala Mourad Demerdash, PhD
Department of Clinical Pathology
Alexandria University Hospitals
Former Associate Professor
Department of Clinical Pathology
Pharos University in Alexandria
Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Dr. Demerdash is an Associate Consultant Clinical Pathology at Alexandria University Hospitals. Dr. Demerdash received her MD from Faculty of Medicine Tanta University 2007. She was a resident in Chemical Pathology Department at Medical Research Institute Alexandria University1992-1995. Dr. Demerdash received a Diploma in Health Care Quality Management, Arab Academy for Science & technology 2009/2010. She worked as a member of quality committee and Associate Professor Clinical Pathology at Pharos University at Pharos 2009-2017. She received Molecular biology training course from Faculty of Medicine- Porto University, Porto, Portugal 2016. Her main research interests include cardiovascular disease and obesity.
Her research interests include: Cardiovascular risk factors & Obesity.
Member in the following committees
• Quality Assurance.
• Continuous Evaluation of Laboratory Technicians.
• EDC team
Conferences and workshops
• All Clinical Pathology conferences held in faculty of medicine from 2004 to 2009.
• Conference of Laboratory medicine, held by Alexandria Medical syndicate 2008, 2010.
• Talk in ASIAC conference 2008, Bleeding Diathesis in I.C.U. (Intensive Care Unit).
• Talk in ASIAC conference 2011, Hemostatic modulators of atherosclerosis.
• Poster presentation, poster titleFerritin in sera and CSF: Its importance as both predictive and etio-diagnostic biomarker in ischemic stroke, single center prospective study& attending 2014 AACC conference, Chicago (IL.) USA.
• Attending 6th International Conference& 18th Annual conference, Multidisciplinary Approach in Cancer Management Medical Research Institute- Alexandria University.2014.
• Gene Expression Analysis on large scale using Microarray and Real-Time PCR Techniques; at faculty of Agriculture-Cairo University : CURP. 2014.
1. Demerdash HM, Helmy TA, Arida E, Abd-El AA. Ati Serum procalcitonin as a good marker for diagnosis and prognosis of ventilator associated pneumonia. Alexandria Journal of Medicine. 2010.
2. Elhawary TM, Demerdash HM, Sweilam MA. Relationship between inter leukin-10 polymorphism and maternal serum leptin level in pre-eclampsia. Clinical and Experimental Hypertension. 2012. doi: 10.3109/10641963.2012.732646
3. Demerdash HM, Sharara G, Katri K. Differential effects of gastric bypass and banding on the cardiovascular risk profile in morbidly obese subjects: the correlation with plasma apolipoprotein A-IV concentration. Alexandria Journal of Medicine. 2012. doi: 10.1016/j.ajme.2012.07.002
4. Zanaty OM, Megaged M, Dermerdash HM, Swelem R. Delta neutrophil index versus lactate clearance: early markers for outcome prediction in septic shock patients. Alexandria Journal of Medicine. 2012. doi: 10.1016/j.ajme.2012.05.003
5. Elhawary TM, El-Bendary AS, Demerdash HM. Maternal serum Endoglin as marker for early prediction of pre-eclampsia in high risk Patient. International Journal of Womens Health. 2012.
6. Dermerdash HM. Hepatocyte growth factor and the risk of ischemic stroke developing among diabetic and non-diabetic patients. Journal of Egyptian Society of Endocrinology, Metabolism andamp Diabetes. 2012.
7. Dermerdash HM. Serum Erythropoietin in Different Grades of Diabetic Retinopathy. Journal of Egyptian Society of Endocrinology, Metabolism andamp. Diabetes. 2011.
8. Dermerdash HM. Does Tranexamic Acid Reduce Perioperative Blood Loss in Pediatric Patients Undergoing Craniosynostosis Surgery? Alexandria Journal of Anesthesia and Intensive Care. 2011.
9. Dawood A, Megahed M, Abdelatti E, et al. Hepatocyte growth factor and the risk of pulmonary embolism. Egyptian journal of Chest disease and Tuberculosis. 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.ejcdt.2014.02.001
10. Dermerdash HM. A Study of the effect of onion oil on diabetic neuropathic pain in streptozocin- induced diabetes in rats. Journal of Medical Research Institute. 2013.
11. Demerdash HM. Can hormones regulating appetite be a major factor contributing to obesity? Obes Res Open J. 2015; 2(1): 39-41. doi: 10.17140/OROJ-2-107
12. Demerdash HM. Obesity and trace elements. Obes Res Open J. 2015; 2(3): 98-100. doi: 10.17140/OROJ-2-115
13. Demerdash HM. Possible mechanisms of insulin resistance in obese subjects. Obes Res Open J. 2016; 2(4): 117-118. doi: 10.17140/OROJ- 2-118