Gregory D.Chapman, MD, FACC
Professor of Medicine/Cardiovascular Disease
Department of Medicine
University of Alabamaat Birmingham
328, Tinsley Harrison Tower, USA
Dr. Gregory D. Chapman is a practicing Cardiologist (Heart Specialist) in Alabaster. Dr. Chapman also specializes in Internal Medicine.
Acutecoronaryartery syndromes; primary angioplasty and stenting for acute myocardial infarction; restenosis post-PCI; investigational devices, including drug-eluting stents; angiogenesis; cardiovascular gene transfer and gene therapy; troponin use in clinical practice
MedicalSchool: Southern Medical Association Merit Scholarship, NIHSummer Fellowship Grant, Immunology Prize, medical Student research Day, 1982,First Prize, Medical Student Research Day, 1983
Alpha Omega Alpha, 1985
Residency: Assistant Chief Resident, Memorial Hospital/Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1988
Fellowship: National Research Service Award, 1991
Faculty/Attending: ElectedtoFellow, American College of Cardiology, 1993; Selected in Best Doctors in America for cardiovascular disease, 2001-[present].
Fellow, American College of Cardiology Member, American Medical Association Member, The Caduceus Club, UASOM Member,South Highland Presbyterian Church
2. LimCS,ChapmanGD,GammonRS, StackRS,SwainJL.Directinvivogenetransferintocoronaryandperipheralarteriesoftheintactdog. Circulation1991;83:2007-2001.
4. ChapmanGD,LimCS,GammonRS,CulpSC,SwainJL,StackRS.Gene transfer into coronary arteries of intact animals with a percutaneousb allooncatheter. Circulation Research 1992;71:27-33.
5. ChapmanGD, OhmanEM,TopolEJ,CaliffRM.Minimizing the risk of inappropriately administering thrombolytic therapy (TAMIstudygroup). American Journal of Cardiology 1993:71:783-787
6. ChapmanGD. Interventional Gene Transfer. Interventioinal Cardiovascular Medicine: Principles and Practice. Churchhill Livingstone Inc, NY, NY 1994;pg933-36.
7. Raja-WaliaR,WebberJ,ChapmanGD,NaftilanAJ. Enhancementof liposome-mediatedgenetransferbyreplicationdeficientadenovirus.GeneTherapy1995:2:521-30.
8. ChapmanGD: ECG Interpretation: areview of STEMI ecgpatterns and theirmimics. Digital interactive ecg review program. 2015
9. Chapman GD. Occam, Hickam, troponin, and appropriate use. The American Journal of Medicine 2017 in press, September issue; published online on June 8, 2017 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2017.05.017