Gagandeep Choudhary, MD, MBBS
Department of Radiology
Division of Molecular Imaging & Therapeutics and Neuroradiology
University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL, USA
Gagandeep Choudhary, M.D. earned his medical degree from Government medical college, Patiala, India in 2007. He completed his Radiology residency at Government medical college, Patiala, India. Dr. Choudhary then pursued his fellowship training in Neuroradiology, Head & Neck Imaging, Nuclear Radiology and PET-CT Imaging from the University of Arizona, Tucson. During his fellowship training, Dr. Choudhary received the prestigious Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award. Dr. Choudhary is dual board certified in American Board of Nuclear Medicine (ABNM) and American Board of Radiology (ABR). Dr. Choudhary joined the faculty position as an assistant professor in the Department of Radiology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL. He is serving the Division of Molecular Imaging and Therapeutics and the Division of Neuroradiology. Dr. Choudhary’s area of expertise is Neuroradiology and Molecular Imaging with a special interest in Neuro-Oncology and Neurodegenerative Diseases. He has authored multiple articles, abstracts and educational exhibits in Neuroradiology and Molecular Imaging.
Neuro-oncology and Neurodegenerative diseases
1. Gosal GS, Boparai A, Choudhary G, Kour R. Multifocal skeletal tuberculosis involving the Lumbar spine and iliac bone, mimicking a malignant bone tumor: a case report. Malaysian Orthopaedic Journal. 2012 Nov;6(3):51-3. PMID 25279059.
2. Nael K, Khan R, Choudhary G, Meshskar A, Dumont T, Tay J, Drake K, Coull B. A six-minute MRI protocol for evaluation of acute ischemic stroke: Pushing the boundaries. Stroke. 2014 Jul;45(7):1985-91. PMID 24916906.
3. Frankl J, Sakata MP, Choudhary G, Hur S, Peterson A, Hennemeyer CT. A classification system for the spread of polymethyl methacrylate in vertebral bodies treated with vertebral augmentation. Tomography. 2016 Sep;2(3):197-202. PMID 27795998.
4. Covington MF, Choudhary G, Avery RJ, Krupinski EA, Kuo PH. Optimal time points for scintigraphic imaging of pleuroperitoneal shunts. Clin Nucl Med. 2016 Oct;41(10) 766-8. PMID 27556793.
5. Covington MF, Choudhary G, Avery RJ, Kuo PH. Pitfalls in the performance and interpretation of scintigraphic imaging for pleuroperitoneal shunt. Clin Nucl Med. 2016 Nov;41(11):858-61. PMID 27488430.
6. Covington MF, Choudhary G, Jedd AS, Sharma P, Nael K, Krupinski EA, Khan R. Feasibility study of flow compensation to improve diagnostic quality of T1 post contrast spin echo MRI through the posterior fossa. International Journal of Health Sciences. 2017 Mar;Vol 5 No 1 Abstract 5. ISSN 2372-5070. DOI:10.15640/ijhs.
7. Choudhary G, Chokr, J, Udayasankar UK. Imaging of atypical brain infections and infection mimics in children. J Pediatr Neurol. 2017 Oct;15(05):228-40. DOI:10.1055/s-0037-1604236.
8. Kara SA, Choudhary G, Udayasankar UK. Imaging of meningitis and meningoencephalitis in children. J Pediatr Neurol. 2017 Oct;15(05):221-27. DOI:10.1055/s-0037-1604235.
9. Kara SA, Choudhary G, Udayasankar UK. Infections of the spine and spinal cord in children. J Pediatr Neurol. 2017 Oct;15(05):241-50. DOI:10.1055/s-0037-1604237.
Books and book chapters:
1. Choudhary G, Kuo P. Nuclear medicine imaging: Medical devices and artifacts. In: Radiologic Guide to Orthopedic Devices. Chapter 9: Pages 236-261. 2017.