Fotini Venetsanou, PhD
Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Science
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
• (October 2007) PhD in Physical Education from the Department of Physical Education and Sport Science, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
• (April 2003) Master in Physical Education of the Departments of Physical Education and Sport Science, Democritus University of Thrace and University of Thessaly, Greece
• (1985-1989) Physical Education-Department of Physical Education and Sport Science, University of Athens
• (2015-Present) Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Physical Education and Sport
Science, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
• (2013-2015) Lecturer in the Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Science, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
• (2011-2013) Primary School Head Master
• (1998- 2011) Physical educator at Primary Education
• (1992-2013) Greek traditional dances teacher
• (1989-1992) Track and field coach
Her research interests include: Role of movement programs for public health, Motor development, Motor assessment tools, Developmentally appropriate programs and Physical activity.
• Hellenic Scientific Dance Association
• Hellenic Scientific Psychomotor Association
1. Venetsanou F, Kambas A, Giannakidou D. Organised physical activity and health in preschool age: a review. Central European Journal of Public Health. 2015; 23(3): 200-207.
2. Venetsanou F, Koutsouba M. The Study of the Dancers Physical Fitness: Present State of Art and Future Trends. Science of Dance. 2015; 8: 1-26.
3. Venetsanou F, Kambas A, Giannakidou DM, et al. The validity of two Omron pedometers in preschool children under different conditions. Sylwan. 2015; 159(3): 60-89.
4. Kambas A, Venetsanou F, Avloniti A, et al. Pedometer determined physical activity and obesity prevalence of Greek children aged 4-6 years. Annals of Human Biology. 42(3): 231-236. doi: 10.3109/03014460.2014.943286
5. Kambas A, Venetsanou F. The Democritos Movement Screening Tool for preschool children (DEMOST-PRE©): development and factorial validity. Research in Developmental Disabilities. 2014; 35(7): 1528-1533. doi: 10.1016/j.ridd.2014.03.046
6. Spanaki IE, Venetsanou F, Evaggelinou C, Skordilis EK. Graphomotor skills of Greek kindergarten and elementary school children: effect of a fine motor intervention program. Innovative Teaching. 2014; 3: 2.
7. Venetsanou F, Donti O, Koutsouba M. The effect of a music/movement program on preschoolers motor rhythmic ability. European Psychomotricity Journal. 2014; 6(1): 60-73.
8. Barbas I, Kambas A, Venetsanou F, Karipidis T. (SpoSpeMCD) on Young Wrestlers. International Scientific Conference, the Continued development of wrestling in the Olympic movement. Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2014.
9. Venetsanou F, Koutsouba M, Donti O. Motor rhythmic ability in Greek preschoolers: a study on the influence of age and gender. 19th Annual Congress of the ECSS, Amsterdam, 2014.
10. Kambas A, Venetsanou F, Giannakidou D, et al. The Motor-Proficiency-Test for children between 4 and 6 years of age (MOT 4-6): An investigation of its suitability in Greece. Research in Developmental Disabilities. 2012; 33: 1626-1632. doi: 10.1016/j.ridd.2012.04.002
11. Kambas Α, Μichalopoulou Μ, Fatouros I, et al. The Relationship between Motor Proficiency and Pedometer-Determined Physical Activity in Young Children. Pediatric Exercise Science. 2012; 24: 34-44.
12. Chatzikonstantinou E, Venetsanou F. Construct validity of the battery test High/Scope Beat Competence Analysis. European Psychomotricity Journal. 2011; 4(1): 12-23.
13. Kambas A, Avloniti A, Christoforidis C, Giannakidou D, Venetsanou F, Fatouros I. Motor proficiency and accident proneness of preschool children. European Psychomotricity Journal. 2011; 4(1): 46-49.
14. Giannakidou D, Kambas A, Ageloussis N, et al. The Validity of two Omron Pedometers during Treadmill Walking is Speed-Dependent. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2011; 112(1): 49-57. doi: 10.1007/s00421-011-1951-y
15. Venetsanou F, Kambas A. Effect of age and gender on balance skills in preschool aged children. Facta Universitatis. Series Physical Education and Sport. 2011; 9(1): 81-90.
16. Venetsanou F, Kambas A, Ellinoudis T, Fatouros I, Giannakidou D, Kourtessis T. Can the Movement Assessment Battery for Children – Test be the gold standard for the motor assessment of children with Developmental Coordination Disorder? Research in Developmental Disabilities. 2011; 32(1): 1-10.
17. Ellinoudis T, Evaggelinou C, Kambas A, Konstantinidou Z, Venetsanou F, Kourtessis T. Reliability and validity of Age Band 1 of the Movement Assessment Battery for Children—Second Edition. Research in Developmental Disabilities. 2011; 32(3): 1046-1051. doi: 10.1016/j.ridd.2011.01.035
18. Kambas A, Michalopoulou M, Giannakidou D, et al. Pedometer determined physical activity, bmi, and tv-watching behavior in preschoolers. 16th Annual Congress of the ECSS, Liverpool, 2011.
19. Haberer E, Kambas A, Michalopoulou M, et al. Active Children-Active Schools. Promote physical activity and motor performance at school. Commission Health Congress Children move – use energy Karlsruhe, 2011.
20. Venetsanou F, Kambas A. Motor performance differences in pre-school aged boys and girls. In: Colombo L, Bianchi R, eds. Preschool Children: Physical Activity, Behavioural Assessment and Developmental Challenges. NY: Nova Science Publishers, 2010: 19-37.
21. Kambas A, Fatouros Y, Christoforidis C, et al. The effects of Psychomotor Intervention, on Visual-Motor Control as a Graphomotor aspect in preschool age. European Psychomotricity Journal. 2010; 3(1): 54-61.
22. Kouli O, Avloniti A, Venetsanou F, Giannakidou D, Gazi S, Kambas A. The effect of a psychomotor training program on the motor proficiency of preschool children in a multicultural environment. European Psychomotricity Journal. 2010; 3(1): 31-36.
23. Papadopoulos D, Athanailidis I, Venetsanou F, Giannakidou D, Haberer E, Laios A. The prediction of the degree of participation of Greek adult men in exercising through the magnitude of their motivation. European Psychomotricity Journal. 2010; 3(1): 37-44.
24. Venetsanou F, Kambas A. Environmental factors affecting preschoolers motor development. Early Childhood Education Journal. 2010; 37(4): 319-327. doi: 10.1007/s10643-009-0350-z
25. Kambas A, Giannakidou D, Haberer E, Venetsanou F, Ruploh B, Zimmer R. Active Children-Active Schools-Project: first steps. International Conference on Physical Activity Promotion and Psychological well-being. Trikala, 2010.
26. Kambas A, Michalopoulou M, Giannakidou D, et al. The Relationship between Pedometer-Determined Physical Activity, Motor Proficiency and Screen Time in Preschool Children. 3rd International Congress on Physical Activity and Public Health. Toronto, 2010.
27. Venetsanou F, Kambas A, Sagioti E, Giannakidou D. Effect of an exercise program focusing coordination on preschoolers motor proficiency. European Journal of Psychomotricity. 2009; 2(1): 46-55.
28. Venetsanou F, Kambas A, Aggeloussis N, Fatouros I, Taxildaris K. Motor assessment of preschool aged children: a preliminary investigation of the validity of the Bruininks- Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency- Short Form. Human Movement Science. 2009; 28(4): 543-550. doi: 10.1016/j.humov.2009.03.002
29. Venetsanou, F, Kambas, A, & Tsapakidou, A. The motor assessment of preschool-aged children today in Greece. European Conference of World Organization for Early Childhood Education Current Issues in Preschool Education: Shaping the Future. Syros Island, 2009: 643-656.
30. Venetsanou F, Aggeloussis N, Christoforidis C, Taxildaris K, Mavromatis G. A Study of the construct validity of the Democritus-Psychomotor Assessment Tool for pre-school children. European Journal of Psychomotricity. 2008; 1(1): 2-6.
31. Chatzikonstantinou E, Venetsanou F, Aggelousis N, Stamou N. Test-retest reliability of the Beat Competence Analysis- Test. European Journal of Psychomotricity. 2008; 1(1): 12-16.
32. Venetsanou F, Kambas A, Aggeloussis N, Serbezis V, Taxildaris K. Use of the Bruininks-Osetetsky Test of Motor Proficiency for identifying children with motor impairment. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 2007; 49(11): 846-848. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8749.2007.00846.x
33. Kambas A, Venetsanou F, Christoforidis C, Xanthi P, Taxildaris K. A study on the structure of psychomotor proficiency in preschool age. 12th European Congress of Sport Psychology: Sport and Exercise Psychology- Bridges between disciplines and cultures. Halkidiki, 2007.
34. Kambas A, Venetsanou F, Aggeloussis N. A Preliminary Study of Reliability of the Democritus – Psychomotor Assessment Tool for Preschool Children. 12th Annual Congress of European College of Sport Science, Jyvaskyla, Finland, 2007.
35. Kambas A, Venetsanou F, Aggeloussis N. Preliminary study of construct validity of the Democritus Psychomotor Assessment Tool for Preschool Children. 11th Annual Congress of European College of Sport Science. Lausanne, 2006.
36. Venetsanou F, Kambas A. How can a traditional Greek dances programme affect the motor proficiency of pre-school children? Research in Dance Education. 2004; 5(2): 127-138.
37. Venetsanou F. Traditional Dance as a Content of an Extracurricular Psychomotor Program in Preschool Age. Poster Symposium for Psychomotor Activity in Preschool Age-1st International Conference Quality of Life and Psychology, Thessalonica, 2004.