FNU Nutan, MD, FACP
General Medicine and Primary Care
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
1201 E Marshall St #4-100, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Dr. Nutan originally from India completed her medical school and also MD in Dermatology Venerology and Leprology prior to moving to Balitmore, USA for further 3 year rigorous training in Medicine. Currently she works as a hospitalist in the academic program at VCU where she mentors and educates medical students and residents. She continues to have a strong interest in medical dermatology, general internal medicine, rheumatology , hematology and exotic infections. She has also been a chief resident both in her dermatology and internal medicine training.
Medical dermatology, General Internal medicine, Rheumatology , Hematology and Exotic infections
June 2012 to June 2013 as a chief resident held morning rounds and arranged afternoon conferences.
July 2013 to December 2013 headed the teams with interns to round on the inpatient floors.
December 2013 – 2014 IM attending on resident led teams.
2015 to present – Student Advisor of the HEART (Healing with Empathy Acceptance Respect and Integrity)
2015 to present – Clinical Preceptor for Medical students at the School of Medicine,VCU.
2016 to present – Working with acting interns on their medicine rotation.
SPECIAL AWARDS AND HONORS
May 2013 Second prize Quality Improvement Project ‘Aspiration Pneumonia and Stroke’
June 2011 Outstanding Resident PGY 1 Good Samaritan Hospital Baltimore, MD
May 2009 Silver medal M.D. in Dermatology PGIMER, India
1999 – 2005 Kempe Gowda Institute of Health Sciences Best outgoing student award and gold medal by Sanofi Aventis Pharma
Best outgoing student-Prof. C. Vittal commemorative award
Gold medal for securing the highest marks in M.B.B.S, in clinical subjects
Honors with gold medal in Surgery, Pathology, Physiology
Honors in Medicine, OBG- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Health Sciences
May 1999 Top ten amongst 200,000 students of pre-university education in the State of Karnataka, India
MEMBERSHIP IN SCIENTIFIC OR PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
July 2010 – Present American College of Physicians
July 2012 – Jun 2013 Chief Resident Association of Baltimore
2014 – Present Society of Hospital Medicine
Jun 2006 – Present Indian Association of Dermatology, Venerology and Leprology
2015 – Present Society of Hospital Medicine
2016 – Present Society of General Internal Medicine
PUBLICATIONS IN PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS
1. Nutan FNU. Acute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus. Medscape Drugs & Diseases. Updated May 11 th 2017, Available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1065292-overview
2. Nutan, Gollahalli N. Co-existing Sickle cell disease and Sarcoidosis of Liver. – A management conundrum. Clinical Medicine Insights: Blood Disorders 2017:10 1179545X16685314
3. Nutan, Leiomyoma, Medscape Drugs & Diseases. Updated Dec 6 th 2016, Available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1057733-treatment
4. Nutan, Ortega- Loyaza A. Review of Medical Management of Cutaneous Lupus. Accepted Journal of Investigative Dermatology. May 2016
5. Nutan, Banerjee C., Chen T., Erythematous nodular plaque encircling the lower limb.Cutis. 2014 December;94(6):E18-E20
6. Nutan,Ludzinsky B Lee K. Cutaneous vasculopathy associated with use of levamisole-adulterated cocaine. Cutis. 2014 November;94(5):E6-E9.
7. Ludizinsky B, Lee KC, Nutan et al. “Gynecomastia: a review of etiologies, diagnosis and management strategies” South Med J. 2014;107(1):44-49
8. Ludizinsky B, Nutan, Ganta N, Nortan S. Tonsuring in India and the global trade in human hair JAMA Dermatol. 2013 149 (9): 1021-22
9. Ludizinsky B, Nutan, Lee KC. Nose piercing: historical significance and potential consequences. JAMA Dermatol. 2013;149(2):142.
10. Lee KC, Ludizinsky B, Nutan. Systemic complications of levamisole toxicity. J Am Acad Dermatology. Oct 2012; 67:791-2.
11. Nutan, Dogra S., Saikia U., Kanwar A.J. An erythematous plaque on the glans penis of a 60-year-old man.Int J of Dermatology Feb 2012; 51:273-4.
12. Nutan, Kanwar A.J, Parsad D. The effect of topically applied corticosteroids on interleukin 1β levels in patients with atopic dermatitis.Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. Aug 2012;26:1020-22.
13. Nutan. Maffucci Syndrome in a 10 year old male boy. Contemporary Pediatrics. September 2011.
14. Nutan, Kanwar AJ, Bhansali A, Parsad D. Evaluation of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in patients with atopic dermatitis. Indian J DermatolVenerolLeprology 2011;77:288-93.
15. Gupta S, Nutan, Dogra S, Kanwar AJ. Bowen disease over photoprotected site in an Indian male. Dermat Online J October 2009;15.
Chow RT, Nutan, Patel J, Sekicki V, “Overcoming the Unique Challenges Facing a PGY-3 Chief Resident,” Toolkit Series: A Textbook for Today’s Chief Medical Resident 22th Edition, ISBN13: 978-0-979660-9-1, Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine, Alexandria, VA. 2014, p. 75-84