Feriyde Caliskan Tur, MD
Attending Physician Emergency Medicine, and Acupuncturist
Department of Emergency Medicine
Republic of Turkey Minister of Health Foundation of Public Hospitals
Izmir Union of Public Hospitals North General Secretary
Izmir Tepecik Training and Research Hospital
Gaziler Cad. No:468, Yenisehir/İzmir
• Ondokuzmayıs University Faculty of Medicine, Samsun (1988-1994)
• Akdeniz University, Department of Emergency Medicine, Antalya (1999-2003)
• Yeditepe University, Akupuncture Training Center, Acupuncture Therapy Certificate Program, Istanbul (2007-2008)
• Dokuz Eylül University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Toxicology, İzmir (2013-doctorate in yet)
• Institutions: Antalya Training and Research Hospital, Antalya 2003-2009 (Attending Physician)
• Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, İzmir 2009- (Clinical Instructor and Acupuncturer)
Her research interests include: Ultrasound, Cardiology, Toxicology, Procedures, Alternative Medicine/ Acupuncture in Emergency, Obesity, Diabetes.
• 8-10 Aug 2015: Scientific Speaker, Theme: New Platform for Pain Therapy and Management PCS Global Pain Conference-2015, Beijing, China (future program)
• 2014 – Present: Scientific Board Member at Emergency Medicine -Open Journal (EMOJ) USA
• 2014- Present: Editorial Consultant at OMICS Publishing Group – Medical Sciences Journals
• 1-2 April 2014: Advanced Ultrasound Applications Course, by Emergency Medicine Association of Turkey, in Ege University, İzmir, Turkey. Trainer; Nerve blocks with Ultrasound Guide in Emergency and Appendicitis, Ileus and Perforation diagnosis under Ultrasound Guidance
• 2012 March: Ultrasound Trainers Certificate Program, Izmir, Turkey
• 2010 -2011: Editorial Consultant at Tepecik Education and Research Hospital Journal, Izmir, Turkey
• 2005- Present: Member at Emergency Medicine Physicians Association of Turkey, Ankara, Turkey
• 1999-Present: Member at Emergency Medicine Association of Turkey, Ankara, Turkey
• 2014- Present: Editorial Consultant at European Journal of Integrative Medicine
1. Tür FC, Hakbilir O, Akyol C, et al. Ultrasonographic evaluation performed by emergency physician on patients presenting to the emergency department with non-traumatic sudden onset abdominal pain: Its Effect on Early Clinical Decision. JAEM. 2006; 4(7): 29-33.
2. Tur FC, Aksay E. Asphyxia due to accidental nitrogen gas inhalation: a case report. Hong Kong J Emerg Med. 2012; 19: 46-48.
3. Aksay E, Yesilaras M, Kilic TY, Tur FC, Sever M, Kaya A. Sensitivity and specificity of bedside ultrasonography in the diagnosis of fractures of the fifth metacarpal. Emerg Med J. 2013. doi: 10.1136/emermed-2013-202971
4. Tur FC, Atilla OD, Rek ZT, Yessilaras M, Aksay E. Adjunctive analgesia with acupuncture for reduction of anterior shoulder dislocation: a pilot study. Ame J Emerg Med. 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2014.10.047
5. Atilla OD, Yesilaras M, Kilic TY, et al. The accuracy of bedside ultrasonography as a diagnostic tool for fractures in the ankle and foot. Acad Emerg Med. 2014; 21: 1058-1061. doi: 10.1111/acem.12467
6. Tur FC, N Zafer, N Hocaoglu. Purple urine bag syndrome. Emergency Medicine Journal. 2014. doi: 10.1136/emermed-2014-203818
7. Toker I, Yesilaras M, TUR FC, Toktas R. Methemoglobinemia Caused by Dapsone Overdose: Which Treatment is Best? Turk J emerg Med. 2014.
8. Tur FC, Aksay E. Hydrofluoric Acid Exposure (case images). Turk J Emerg Med. 2015; 15(1): 1. doi: 10.5505/1304.7361.2015.48208
9. Tur FC, Aksay E, Atilla OD. Asymptomatic traumatic common carotid artery dissection. Chinese journal of traumatology. 2015.
10. Tur FC, Aksay E, Kilic TY, Temizyürek z. Therapeutic effects of acupuncture on obesity and HbA1c. European Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2015. doi: 10.1016/j.eujim.2014.12.002
11. Tür FÇ, Yeşilaras M, Cömert S, Hacar S. Life threatening airway angioedema secondary to captopril. Emerg Med Open J. 2015; 1(1): 12-14.
12. Tür FC, Toker I, Tür B, Hacar S, Türe B. Assessment of the pittsburgh sleep quality index among physicians speciality who work night Shifts. Emerg Med Open J. 2015; 1(1): 5-11.