Faaiz Yaqub Alhamdani, BDS, MSc, PhD
Head of Oral and Maxillofacial Department
College of Dentistry
Dr. Alhamdani is graduated from College of Dentistry, Baghdad University in 1991. In 1997, he completed his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Programme in Baghdad Medical City. In 2000, he finished his Master Degree study in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. From 2000 to 2006, he worked as Head of Oral Surgery Department in different Secondary Care Training Dental Centres. In 2008, he was granted a scholarship to study PhD in School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University. After finishing his PhD study in 2012, he returned to Iraq and worked as Lecturer in Oral and Maxillofacial Department in College of Dentistry, Almustansiriya University. He is IADR Member since 2010 and he has been elected as IAOR (Iraqi Association for Oral Research) Secretary/Treasurer since 2012. He is AAAS Member since 2012. Dr. Alhamdani is one of the Co-founders and the Communication Editor for Journal of Oral and Dental Research JODR (the official journal for Iraqi Association for Oral Research). In 2015, his PhD thesis was published by Scholar-Press.
His main research interests include: Oral surgery, Qualitative research and Quality of life research.
• Member of the Iraq Dental Association (Since 1991)
• Member of IADR (Since 2010)
• Member of the Interim Council of IAOR
• Elected IAOR (Secretary/Treasurer) (Since 2012)
• AAAS Member (Since 2012)
• Member of Iraqi writers union (Since 1998)
• Member of Iraqi fine artists in UK (Since 2010)
• Co-founder and Communication Editor: Journal of Oral and Dental Research (Since 2012)
1. Alhamadani FY. Eye injuries associated with facial trauma-MSc Thesis, 2000.
2. Alhamadani F. Surgical removal of large submandibular stone (case report). Almustansiria DJ. 2007; 4(1).
3. Alhamadani F, Alhamadani FY. Single dose antibiotic prophylaxis in outpatient oral surgery. Iraqi J Pharm. Sci. 2008; 17(2).
4. Alhamadani FY. The effect of immediate pre-extraction period on blood pressure level. MDJ. 2008; 5(3).
5. Alhamadani FY. Outcomes and impacts of blow-out fractures of the Orbit-PhD Thesis, 2012.
6. Alhamadani F. Influence of patient position on the Success of Inferior Alveolar Block Anesthesia. A cross-sectional study in Al-mustansiriyah Dental School, Baghdad. Mustansiria Dental Journal. 2014; 11(1): 122-128.
7. Alhamadani F. Students Performance in Oral Surgery Clinic, Al-Mustansiriyah University, Iraq. Student- and Patient-Based Assessment. JODR. 2014; 1(2).
8. Alhamadani F, Durham J, Greenwood M, Corbett I. The influence of tissue herniation on diplopia and ocular motility in orbital blowout fractures. OS. 2015; 8(2).
9. Alhamadani F. Diplopia and ocular motility in orbital blow-out fractures: 10-year retrospective study. JCMFS. 2015; 43(7). doi: 10.1111/ors.12148
10. Alhamadani F. Evaluation of Diagnostic process in Oral Surgery Department: a cross-sectional Study for 5th Year Dental Students at Mustansiriya University. JODR. 2015; 1(2).
11. Raheem AA, Alhamadani F, Kamal B. The influence of mandibular third molar position on distal caries in mandibular second molar. JODR. 2015; 1(2).
12. Alhamdani FY, Raheem AA, Kamal B. Modified flap design for lower third molar surgery: a short patient-based outcome comparative study. Sulaimani Dental Journal. 2015; 2(2): 121-128.