Euclid Seeram, PhD, MSc, BSc, FCAMRT
Honorary Senior Lecturer
Department of Radiology
University of Sydney
New South Wales 2006, Australia
Dr. Seeram, PhD, MSc, BSc, FCAMRT, currently serves as Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Sydney, and a member of the Medical Image Optimization and Perception Group (MIOPeG); adjunct associate professor at Monash University; and adjunct professor at Charles Sturt University in Australia.
He has published more than 48 papers in professional radiologic technology journals and has had 19 textbooks published on computed tomography, computers in radiology, radiographic instrumentation, digital radiography, and radiation protection.
His research interests includes: Radiation dose optimization in computed tomography and digital radiography imaging systems, as well as in radiation protection related to diagnostic imaging.
1. Seeram E. Reactions of Organisms to Prolonged Radiation. Bulletin of the O.S.R.T. 1974; 9(5).
2. Seeram E. X-Ray Image Intensification and the Television Principle in Diagnostic Radiography. Canadian Journal of Radiography, Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine. 1975; VI(III).
3. Seeram E. The EMI Scanner – A New Approach to Radiological Diagnosis. Canadian Journal of Radiography, Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine. 1976; VII(III).
4. Seeram E. The Computer and Its Application in Diagnostic Radiology. Canadian Journal of Radiography, Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine. 1976; VII(VI).
5. Seeram E. The EMI Brain Scanner. The Canadian Nurse. 1976; 72(11).
6. Seeram E. Computer Applications to Radiology. Echo-X. Journal of the Order of Radiology Technicians of Quebec. 1976; XI(3).
7. Seeram E. Recent X-Ray Tube Innovations. Bulletin of the O.S.R.T. 1976; II(11).
8. Seeram E. Computer Applications in Radiology. Dimensions in Health Service. 1977; 54(1).
9. Seeram E. Computer Applications in Radiology. Scotian Rays. Journal of the Nova Scotia Society of Medical Radiological Technicians. 1977; 3.
10. Seeram E. Le Tacographe. Linfirmiere Canadienne . 1977; 5.
11. Seeram E. Recent X-Ray Tube Innovations. Canadian Journal of Radiography, Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine. 1977.
12. Seeram E. Protecting Patients from Radiation. Dimensions in Health Services – Journal of the Canadian Hospital Association. 1977; 54(10).
13. Seeram E. Some Characteristics of the Cesium Iodide X-Ray Intensifier. Canadian Journal of Radiography, Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine. 1978; IX(1).
14. Seeram E. Computed Tomography – An Overview. Radiologic Technology – Journal of the American Society of Radiologic Technologist. 1978; 49(4).
15. Seeram E. Computed Tomography – Physical Basis and Technology. X-Ray Focus – Ilford Ltd. A Ciba-Geigy Co. 1979; 17(2).
16. Seeram E. Computed Tomography – A Self-Assessment Guide. Canadian Journal of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine. 1982.
17. Seeram E. Computed Tomography – A Course Outline for Radiologic Technology Programs. Canadian Journal of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine. 1983; 14(1).
18. Seeram E. The Physics of X-Ray CT – A Self-Assessment Review Guide. Journal of the Canadian Association of Radiologists. 1983; 34(4).
19. Seeram E. Computers in Radiology – A Rational for Integration into the Radiography Curriculum. Canadian Journal of Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine. 1982; X(3).
20. Seeram E. Computer-Assisted Instruction in Teaching Computer Literacy. Canadian Journal of Medical Radiation Technologists. 1990; 21(3).
21. Seeram E. 3-D Imaging. Radiologic Technology. 1997; 69(2).
22. Seeram E. Dose in Mammography American Society of Radiologic Technologists Home Study Series. 1997; 2(6).
23. Seeram E. Radiation Dose in CT. Radiologic Technology. 1999; 70(6).
24. Seeram E. A Study of the Effectiveness of an Interactive Videodisk Learning System as an Adjunct to Instruction. Canadian Journal of Medical Radiation Technology. 2001; 32(3).
25. Seeram E. Nobel Prize Recognizes MRI. Radiologic Technology. 2004; 75(4).
26. Seeram E. Digital Image Processing-An Introduction for Radiologic Technologists. Radiologic Technology. 2004; 75(6).
27. Seeram E. May I have the Envelope Please-An the 2003 Nobel Prize for Medicine or Physiology goes to MRI. Can J of Med Rad Tech. 2005; 36(2).doi: 10.1016/S0820-5930(09)60071-2
28. Seeram E. Digital Image Compression. Radiologic Technology. 2005; 76(6).
29. Seeram E. Irreversible Compression in Digital Radiology: A Literature Review. Radiography. 2006 .doi: 10.1016/j.radi.2005.04.002
30. Seeram E. MRI-An Overview for Radiation Therapists. Radiation Therapy. 2006; 15(1).
31. Seeram E. Nobel Prize for CT and MRI Pioneers The Radiographer. 2006; 53(1).
32. Seeram E, Brennan P. Diagnostic Reference Levels in Radiology. Radiologic Technology. 2006.
33. Seeram E. Irreversible Compression in Digital Radiology: A Literature Review. Radiography. 2006; 12(1).doi: 10.1016/j.radi.2005.04.002
34. Seeram E. Using Irreversible Compression in Digital Radiology: A Preliminary Study of the Opinions of Radiologists Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. Proceedings of SPIE. 2006.
35. Seeram E, Seeram D. Image Postprocessing in Digital Radiology: A Primer for Technologists. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences. 2008; 39(1).doi: 10.1016/j.jmir.2008.01.004
36. Seeram E. Computed Tomography: Physical Principles and Recent technical Advances. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences. 2010; 41(2): 87-109. doi: 10.1016/j.jmir.2010.04.001
37. Seeram E, Davidson R, Bushong, S, Swan H. Image Quality Assessment Tools for Dose Optimization in Digital Radiography: A Review of the Literature. Radiography. 2013; 19: 331-338.
38. Almohiy H, Sim J, Seeram E,Davidson R. Differences between Saudi Arabian & Australian Radiographers Knowledge and Attitudes about Pediatric CT Doses. The Radiographer. 2011; 58(3): 21-27.
39. Al Mohiy H, Sim J, Seeram E, et al. A dose comparison survey in CT departments of dedicated paediatric hospitals in Australia and Saudi Arab. World J Radiol. 2012; 4(10): 431-438. doi: 10.4329/wjr.v4.i10.431
40. Almohiy H, Sim J, Seeram E, Davidson R. An extensive comparison of radiographers perception on CT radiation dose in Saudi Arabia and Australia. The Radiographer. 2012; 59(4): 113-118.
41. Seeram, E; Davidson, R; Bushong, S; Swan, H. Radiation dose optimization research: Exposure technique approaches in CR imaging: A literature review Radiography. 2013; 19: 331-338. doi: 10.1016/j.radi.2013.07.005
42. Seeram E , Davidson R, Bushong S, Swan H. Image Quality Assessment Tools for Radiation Dose Optimization in Digital Radiography: An Overview. Radiologic Technology. 2014; 85(5): 1-8.
43. Seeram E. The New Exposure Indicator for Digital Radiography. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences. 2014; 45: 144-158. doi: 10.2214/AJR.12.8678
44. Seeram E. Computed Tomography Dose Optimization. Radiologic Technology. 2014; 85(6); 665-675.
45. Molk N, Seeram E. Digital tomosynthesis of the chest: A literature review, Radiography. 2015; 21:197-202.doi: 10.1016/j.radi.2014.12.006
46. Seeram E, Davidson R, Bushong S, Swan H. Education and Training Required for the Digital Radiography Environment: A Non- interventional Quantitative Survey Study of Radiologic Technologists. International Journal of Radiology and Medical Imaging. doi: 10.15344/ijrmi/2015/103