Emilia Mikolajewska, PhD
Physiotherapist and Senior Assistant
Military Clinical Hospital No. 10 and Polyclinic
Dr. Mikolajewska is a Physical therapist and scientist, author of 8 books, 40 book chapters, and 200 articles in journals covering topics of physiotherapy and rehabilitation, inventor in the area of rehabilitation, memeber of international research team Interdoctor. Selected postgraduate training and clinical practice covers NDT-Bobath, Cyriax, Kinesiology Taping methods, use of rehabilitation robots and biomedical engineering solutions in rehabilitation.
Her research interests include: eclectic therapy in physiotherapy and rehabilitation, including cardiological rehabilitation, co-operation within therapeutic multidisciplinary team, evidence Based Medicine in clinical practice, including physical therapy, biomedical engineering in rehabilitation, increasing of patients quality of life using: assistive devices, telemedicine, telerehabilitation, cybertherapy rehabilitative robotics, applications of IT, artificial intelligence and integrated systems in medicine.
Jul 2013- Present:
Researcher on disorders of consciousness, rehabilitation and associated assistive technology
InteRDoCTor (International-Interdisciplinary Research for Disorders of Consciousnes in Toru?) research team .InteRDoCTor research team
Poland Torun, Kujawsko-Pomorskie
Jun 2003- Present
Neurorehabilitation – adults and children
Military Clinical Hospital No. 10 with Polyclinic Rehabiltiation Clinic Posttraumatic Paraplegia Ward
Eclectic therapy, neurorehabilitation of adult patients and children, therapeutic multidisciplinary team, EBM, assistive devices, telerehabilitation, rehabilitative robotics, AI, integrated solutions
1. Mikolajewska E. The influence of the patient-physical therapist relationship on the outcomes of physical therapy: a narrative review of the literature. Medical Rehabilitation. 2011; 15 (3): 35-38.
2. Mikolajewska E. [Work-related musculoskeletal injuries in physiotherapists]. Med Pr. 2013; 64(5): 681-687.
3. Mikolajewska E. Associations between results of post-stroke NDT-Bobath rehabilitation in gait parameters, ADL and hand functions. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2013; 22(5): 731-738.
4. Mikolajewska E. Interdisciplinary therapy in Cornelia de Lange syndrome – review of the literature. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2013; 22(4): 571-577.
5. Mikolajewska E. The value of the NDT-Bobath method in post-stroke gait training. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2013; 22(2): 261-272.
6. Mikolajewska E. NDT-Bobath method in normalization of muscle tone in post-stroke patients. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2012; 21(4): 513-517.
7. Mikolajewska E, Mikolajewski D. Neuroprostheses for increasing disabled patients mobility and control. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2012; 21(2): 263-272.
8. Mikołajewska E, Mikołajewska D.Cardiac Telerehabilitation – Current State and Clinical Perspectives.Heart Res Open J. 2014; 1(1): 10-14. doi: 10.17140/HROJ-1-102