Openventio’s editorial board constitutes expert researchers, clinicians and active academicians who ensure the proper maintenance and effective functioning of journal activities and publication of quality articles. The board comprises of an Editor-in Chief, Associate Editors and Editors who are responsible for supervising the appropriate execution of the journal guidelines, contributing the growth and expansion of a diverse scientific community as a whole. All the editors must declare a no competing/conflict of interest statement with the journal prior to their participation. Decision concerning the acceptance or rejection of the article by the editors must be final, unless there is a need for any further reconsideration.
All articles are subject to the Editor-in- Chief’s approval prior to publication and any decision made will be considered as the final say on the matter. The EIC will serve as the journals’ figurehead and is expected to raise the journals’ profile within and outside the community.
• Responsible for establishing the editorial board and supervising the activities of the journal editors.
• Clearly communicating all other editorial policies and standards.
• Establishing a procedure for reconsidering editorial decisions.
• Ensuring that the content published meets the standards of the editorial guidelines and policies of the journal, as stated in the journal’s aim and scope.
• Authorized to reject an article that appears to be plagiarized or may be ghostwritten.
• Should respond promptly to complaints and must ensure the dissolution of unresolved matters.
• Submit at least one article (Research/Review) and one editorial per year, based on his/her area of expertise.
• Help the journal with indexing.
• Coin at least one Special Edition annually and promote the same among colleagues and students to seek their active participation.
Associate editors ensure that the technical quality and soundness of the content is maintained, prior the final verdict of the EIC. Hence, they validate and verify that an article is ready for publication.
• Being attentive to strict deadlines by avoiding the possibility of delaying manuscript process in the anticipation of comments from the editors/ reviewers.
• Expected to be available for guidance and support in crucial situations and contribute towards the journal activities if need be.
• Responsible for maintaining the clarity and accuracy of content before publishing.
• Developing mechanisms to ensure timely publication of accepted manuscripts.
• Treating all authors with fairness, courtesy, objectivity, honesty, and transparency.
• Should respond promptly to complaints or concerns raised by authors, editors or reviewers.
• Collaborate with the EIC in soliciting, selecting, and developing outstanding articles for the journal.
• Reviewing the editorial plan – final draft of articles.
• Share latest news and updates on advancing trends in the scientific community and make it available for the author’s feedback.
• Submit at least one article (Research/Review) and one editorial per year, based on his/ her area of expertise.
Editors are usually assigned the articles following the initial Pre-Quality Editorial Assessment which includes plagiarism check and language editing; however, the editors are expected to be accountable for ensuring that the article meets the journal standards of performance and quality.
• Making editorial decisions with reasonable speed and communicating them in a clear and constructive manner.
• Ensure that the content of the article is factually accurate and conveys its meaning clearly.
• Cross -checking spellings, grammar, figures, tables etc. to make sure that it is relevant to the subject of the article.
• May be required to change, modify, paraphrase or condense the content in order to enhance its quality.
• Expected to make or suggest edits to the content in question.