Editorial Assessment and Peer Review Process
Scholarly peer review in scientific journals is a quality control mechanism, where an author’s scholarly work, research, or ideas are subjected to a critical evaluation undertaken by experts specializing in the related area, prior to publication in a journal or as a book. The peer review process ensures that the articles published, meet the accepted standards of the discipline. Openventio follows an initial editorial review process (pre-quality editorial assessment-PQA), where the experts first assess the manuscript for their overall quality and suitability for publication in the journal; based on this system of evaluation, manuscripts are then accepted or rejected, followed by a double-blinded peer review process, which means that the confidentiality of both the reviewer and author identities are maintained, such that neither the author nor the reviewer details are disclosed throughout the review process. To facilitate this, authors are advised to ensure that the author details and blinded manuscript without the author details are submitted as two separate files.
Double blinded peer review process
• Submission via online portal or e-mail
• Cover letter, author and co-author details and manuscript
Pre- Quality Editorial Assessment (PQA) Check
• Plagiarism check (Note: plagiarized, fabricated or content unsuitable
for the journal will be immediately rejected).
• Language editing for brevity.
• Ensuring that the manuscript structure includes the required sections.
• Sent back to the author (SBTA) seeking an approval of the introduced
• Double blinded peer review undertaken by expert researchers and
• Revision done by authors on the basis of reviewer comments.
(*revisions must be highlighted and accompanied by a letter in
response to each comment by the reviewers)
• Revised article: Accept/Reject/Re-revise.
• Re-checks the revised manuscript to ensure that it meets the journal
• Final decision: Accept/Reject /Re-write and Re-submit
Copy Editing & Styling
• Checking for the composition and organization (formatting) of the
paper against the journal guidelines
• Reference styling and proof corrections
• Author’s confirmation of the final edited manuscript before
• In this version, the author can create or suggest modifications in the
content for use within the module
• Accepted article is sent for generating the galley proof
• Online publication of the manuscript