Renu Tyagi, PhD
Department of Anthropology
University of Delhi
Delhi 110007, India
Dr. Renu Tyagi obtained her doctorate degree from the Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi, India. She has extensive research and teaching experience with dynamic contribution in the field of Gerontology, Human Ecology, Physiological Anthropology, Applied Anthropology, Forensic Science, Geriatric Care and Environmental studies. She was awarded Senior Research fellowship from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Delhi, India and Post-Doctoral fellowship by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), CSIR and ICSSR Delhi in the field of Public Health and Social Gerontology. She is a recipient of Dr. Wadsworth Fellowship, Wenner-Gren Foundation USA and Young Researcher Award, University of Delhi, India. She has worked in the field of Geriatric Care in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. She has more than 40 research papers and 8 books to her credit. At present she is working as UGC Post-Doctoral Fellow in the area of Public Health at Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi.
• (2001) PhD, ‘Anthropology’ from University of Delhi
• (1996) MSc, ‘Anthropology’ Miranda House, Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi
Her research interests include: Applied Anthropology, Gerontology, Public health, Forensic Anthropology.
• (2007), Awarded Dr. Wadsworth Fellowship, Wenner-Gren Foundation, USA
• (2018), Young Researcher Award, Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi, India
1. Tyagi R, Dhall M, Tungdim MG, Rulu P, Kapoor S. Lifestyle pattern & bone mineral density: A preliminary study. Public Health Open J. 2019; 4(1): 38-43. doi: 10.17140/PHOJ-4-132
2. Feroz N, Devi KS, Gupta U, Dhall M, Tyagi R, Kapoor S. Association of adiposity markers with Uncoupling Protein 1 3826 AG genotype. Meta Gene. 2019; 22: doi: 10.1016/j.mgene.2019.100601
3. Sahani P, Tyagi R. Dental maturity as a predictor of chronological age. J Forensic Res. 2019; 10: 431. doi: 10.4172/2157-7145.1000431
4. Rulu P, Dhall M, Tyagi R, et al. Factors influencing bone mineral density among adults of delhi: A gender differential. Journal of Health Management. 2019; 21: 199-209. doi: 10.1177/0972063419835096
5. Dhall M, Devi KS, Nilupher, Gupta U, Tyagi R, Kapoor S. Hypertension and its correlate with general and central adiposity: A study among urban population of Delhi. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2018; 12(6): 881-884. doi: 10.1016/j.dsx.2018.05.008
6. Nilupher, Gupta U, Devi KS, Dhall M, Tyagi R, Kapoor S. The FTO Gene rs9939609 polymorphism and its association with BAI as well as other adiposity markers. Arch Epidemiol: AEPD-126. 2018. doi: 10.29011/2257-2252. 100026
7. Zoya K, Tyagi R. Sex determination using canine dimorphism: Forensic relevance. J Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation. 2018; 11(1): 555802. doi: 10.19080/JFSCI.2018.11.555802
8. Sonal A, Tyagi R. Gender identification using foot dimensions: A forensic exploration. J Forensic Res. 2018; 9: 430. doi:10.4172/2157-7145.1000430
9. Tattwamasi P, Tyagi R. Situating elderly role in family decision making: Indian scenario. Indian Journal of Gerontology. 2017; 31(1): 43-57.
10. Tattwamasi P, Tyagi R. Determinants of health among senior citizens: Some empirical evidences. Journal of Health Management. 2017; 19(1): 132-143. doi: 10.1177/0972063416682613
11. Kapoor S, Tyagi R, Meenal Dhall, et al. Ethnic diversity with preventable risk factors for cardiovascular diseases. Journal of Life Sciences. 2017; 9(1): 1-10. doi: 10.1080/09751270.2017.1354875
12. Tyagi R, Dhall M, Kapoor S. Bio-social predictors of hypertension among premenopausal and postmenopausal women. SAGE Open. 2015; 5(1): 1-12. doi: 10.1177/2158244015574227
13. Paltasingh T, Tyagi R. Social security & policy on senior citizens: Evidences from Asian countries, ageing and society. The Indian Journal of Gerontology. 2012; 12(1-2): 1-19.
14. Paltasingh T, Tyagi R. Demographic transition and population ageing: Building an inclusive culture. Social Change. 2012; 42(3): 391-409.
15. Kapoor S, Bhasin P, Verma D, Dhall M, Tyagi R, Kapoor AK. Differential response of skinfold sites to body composition change with ageing. The International Journal of Body Composition Research (IJBCR). 2012; 10(2): 39-46.
16. Mungreiphy NK, Dhall M, Tyagi R, et al. Ethnicity, obesity and health pattern among Indian population. J Nat Sci Bio Med. 2012; 3(1): 52-59. doi: 10.4103/0976-9668.95955
17. Kapoor AK, Bhukar M, Sharma P, et al. Nutritional status and hypertension among males of different population groups in India. Ind. J. Phy. Anth. And Human Genetics. 2011; 30 (1-2): 63-76.
18. Paltasingh T, Tyagi R. Confronting environmental issues: Challenges and perspectives. Int J Environ Dev. 2011; 8(2): 109-122.
19. Tyagi R, Kapoor S. Functional ability and nutritional status of Indian elderly. Open Anthropol J. 2010; 3: 200-205.
20. Kapoor S, Tyagi R, Saluja K, Chaturvedi A, Kapoor A. Emerging health threats among a primitive tribal group of central India. J Public Health Epidemiol. 2010; 2(2): 13-19.
21. Kapoor AK, Dhall M, Tyagi R. Nutritional status and ageing among car nicobarese and nolia males of India. The Open Anthropology Journal. 2010; 310: 203-208.
22. Kapoor S, Tyagi R, Saluja K, Chaturvedi A, Kapoor AK. Nutritional profile and socio-economic status of Saharia, a primitive tribe of India. The Open Anthropology Journal. 2009; 2: 58-63. doi: 10.2174/1874912700902010058
23. Kapoor A.K., Tyagi R, Satwanti Kapoor. Nutritional status and cardio-respiratory functions among adult Raji males: A food hunter and gatherer tribe of Indian Himalayas. Anthropol Sci. 2009; 117(1): 1-7. doi: 10.1537/ase.070802
24. Tyagi R, Kapoor S, Kapoor AK. Environmental influence and health status of elderly. The Open Anthropology Journal. 2008; 1: 14-18.
25. Tyagi R, Tungdim MGD, Bhardwaj S, Satwanti K. Age, altitude and gender differences in a high altitude population. Anthropol Anz. 2008; 66(4): 419-434.
26. Tyagi R. Body composition and nutritional status of the institutionalized and non-institutionalized senior citizens. 2007; 1: 225-231.
27. Satwanti K, Serto L, Tyagi R, Kapoor AK. Drug use, body composition and Health status of males in Manipur. Social Defence. 2007; 60(165): 15-25.
28. Bhardwaj S, Khanna G, Sinha R, Tyagi R, Kapoor S. Age related trends in morphological variables among females: A comparative study among the Dhanka tribe and Brahmins of Rajasthan. Indian Anthropologist. 2006; 36(1-2): 129-140.
29. Tyagi R, Kapoor S, Kapoor AK. Body composition and fat distribution pattern of urban elderly females, Delhi, India. Coll Antropol. 2005; 29(2): 493-498.
30. Tyagi R, Satwanti K. Ageing in structural and functional variables among institutionalized and non-institutionalized senior citizens. Anthropologie. 2004. 42: 141-146.
31. Kapoor AK, Satwanti K, Tyagi R. Environment, crime and elderly: A study on socio-cultural perspective. Social Defence. 2003; 54:(157): 33-48.
32. Tyagi R, Satwanti K. Repeatability of structural and functional measurements among elderly. Indian Journal of Gerontology. 2000; 14(3-4): 125-130.
33. Kapoor S, Singh D, Kapoor AK, Tyagi R. Role of NGOs for older persons. Social Defence. 2000; 50(146): 51-56.
34. Tyagi R, Satwanti K. Morpho-physiological changes with age among high altitude females. Man in India. 1999; 79(1-2): 173-178.
1. Dhall M, Tyagi R, Tungdim MG. Globalisation of Indian Tribes: Past, Present and Future Dynamics. Delhi, India: Bookwell Publisher; 2019.
2. Tyagi R. North-East India: Issues and Challenges. Delhi, India: Bookwell Publisher; 2019.
3. Arora S. Tyagi R, (ed). Sexual Dimorphism in Foot Measurements of Delhi Population Lambert. Delhi, India: Academic Publishing; 2018.
4. Tyagi R, Kapoor S. Ageing Dynamics and Institutionalization. Delhi, India: Dhanraj Book House Publisher; 2018.
5. Kapoor S, Tyagi R. Fatness and Health Dynamics: Indian Scenario. Delhi, India: Bookwell Publisher; 2018.
6. Kapoor AK, Tyagi R. Anthropology and Forensic Science: The Current Dynamism. Delhi, India: Selective and Scientific Publications; 2017.
7. Paltasingh T, Tyagi R. Caring for the Elderly: Social Gerontology in the Indian Context. Hyderabad, India: SAGE Publications; 2015.
8. Paltasingh T, Tyagi R. Emerging Issues in Gerontology: Relevance and Possibilities. Delhi, India: Bookwell Publisher; 2014.